Saturday, November 17, 2018

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Guest Designer Spot!

Thrilled to be the Guest Designer for the November 17th
Penny Black Anything Goes or Optional Anything But a Card Challenge.
  
I had intended on making a tag,  but my tag morphed into this card instead!
I just did not have the heart to cut off any more of the Fall/Winter leaves!

I recently ordered this new to me..Penny Black "winter still" cling stamp.
I also used a new watercolor technique, Powdered Inks with Versamark, 
that I learned from my dear friend, Loll.
You get very vibrant colors with the technique.

I placed my stamp in MISTI and inked with Versamark the 2 leaves on the right.
Next sprinkled Bisters powdered inks in palette wells.
Used: Natural, Red, Yellow and Green Bisters.

Used a slightly wet paint brush to pick up a few Neutral powders and
painted on branches and spritzed lightly with water.  Then stamped with MISTI.

If the brush is too dry lightly dip in water again during this process.
I added more ink to the branches then moved onto the leaves.

Stamped 2 leaves on the right with Versamark. Then added with a slightly wet brush,
Yellow Bisters to the leaf on the far lower right,  lightly spritzed with water and stamped.
Moved the ink around using brush.

Repeated with Green Bisters.  Continued to repeat colors, drying between layers.
Added a bit of Red Bisters at the end.

I painted the top leaf on the right with Yellow and then Red Bisters using same technique
until I was happy with colors.  

Then moved onto left leaves adding Versamark 1st and then painted with same
colors as 1st leaves.

Next repeated same process with berries using Red Bisters.  

After letting all images dry overnight, I die cut with PB largest Antique Frame.  LOVE this set!
Next covered image with mask and used leftover pigment inks:Neutral and Green
for paint brush splatters.

Stamped PB "Heartfelt" sentiment onto smallest Antique Frame die
using leftover Neutral Bisters.  I liked the watercolor look.

Popped up sentiment tag and main image with fun foam and mounted 
onto SU Whisper White Thick card base and Done!

I am very happy with the results:-)

Be sure and check out the creative projects by the talented PBSC Design Team!

Thank you again for honoring me with a Guest spot, my friends.  Hugs..
Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black "winter still" and "Heartfelt".
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media for images.  SU Whisper White Thick.
Inks: Bisters: Neutral, Red, Green and Yellow. Clear Versamark.
Accessories: PB Antique Frames Dies.  Palette. #4 paint brush. MISTI, TH Spritzer with water.

27 comments:

  1. Ooh! How pretty, Nancy! This is the perfect stamp for this technique! I love all the rich colors! Congratulations, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just beautiful. I love all the shades you got on your leaves and how different each one looks. Great card and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an artsy and wonderful water coloured image and stunning card. Great tecnique with a unique and fabulous effect. Many congratulations on guesting Nancy X

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Nancy, your fall leaves have such beautiful colours. Great technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I forgot to say congrats on being GD:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fall card Nancy! This technique worked so well with the image. Great design! Congrats on being Guest Designer at PBSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loll for sharing your wonderful technique using powdered inks. I love the vibrant colors and versatility of the technique. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your GD spot, Nancy! Beautiful autumn leaves and great use of that technique. I enjoyed doing it with Loll and Christine, and look forward to trying it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to add to our retreat techniques? Hugs. Nancy

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on guest designing for PBSC, Nancy! I love how well painting the powdered ink directly on your pretty image turned out! Love the schplatters, too!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dolly...Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mister and Hammy...oh..and the rest of the family! Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your guest designing spot Nancy...well deserved!! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS and I can see why you didn't want to turn your image into a tag and cut off any of the delightfully colored leaves or berries!! I really do need to try this technique again...just need to find a few extra hours in my day!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, this is so pretty, and interesting what you can do with the Bisters. I wouldn't want to cut off a bit of it, either! Congrats on your guest spot with PB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on GD, Nancy! Gorgeous card. You’ve stamped and coloured the image beautifully. Your varied use of the Antique Frame is inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job with this stamp. This one gave me fits and I just coulcn't get this wonderful, watercolor look. Thanks for describing this technique, one I will definitely try! Love the results with Bisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this technique and it worked out even on my 1st try:-) Thank you for your thoughtful comment, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  13. This is really beautiful Nancy - love how your stamping turned out!
    Thanks so much for guest designing for us!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for the honor of Guest Designing for the Penny Black Challenge. It was so much fun. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on guest designing for PBSC, Nancy!
    I love the beautiful fall colors of your Bister leaves! You did a great job with the Powdered Inks with Versamark technique!
    The spatters add warmth and the amount is just right. The Antique Frame is the perfect choice for the leaf image. The letter "j" of the word, enjoy, beautifully overlaps the stem. Did you intend to do that!? :-O
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sure into the details, my friend. I did not notice until you just pointed out that the j does perfectly overlap the stem...how cool! Thank you for your wonderful comment, Hideko. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  15. What a clever technique and the result on your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Nancy! I must try this technique. So happy to have you guesting at the PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try this technique. I love the vibrant colors. Thank you for your kind comment too. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous card Nancy! Love the colours and I must try this technique. I really like the PB frame you used as well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watercolor over Versamark - I must check that out. It truly does yield more opacity. I totally understand about not having the heart to cut into such beauty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - I have never heard of this technique but your colors are awesome. What a great image too. Love, love, love this! Hugz to you Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend...you should try the technique..so fun and easy with such vibrant results. Hugs..to you too:-) Merry Christmas...

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy