Saturday, November 3, 2018

CAS Watercolour November Challenge: Christmas Florals and Greenery

CAS Watercolour Christmas Florals and Greenery Challenge,
hosted by Susan (Cardmaker's Garret) is perfect so close to the holidays.

Gorgeous CAS Card samples also by the talented DT and GD Maura aka (Beesmom).



Here is my 4 1/4" square CAS Christmas Card.

While on our recent trailer camping vacation I did some watercoloring.
I had this beautiful image just waiting to make into a finished card:-)

I used my MISTI to stamp my STAMPlorations Christmas Candles-Large
image using Archival Black ink and then heat embossed with black EB powder.

Then the fun began...Watercolored with Zig markers spreading the ink 
with a watercolor brush.  I kept layering the colors until I was happy with the results.

I had every detail colored except the larger candle and decided to color with Magicals
pigment powder reconstituted with water.  I used a copper color.
I love the rich shimmery color next to the orange candle.

Finished my card last night at home.
I had a smudge of red ink at the top on the white background...darn.
Decided instead of fussy cutting to cut image with a stitched circle die.
Worked great...smudge all gone:-)

Added the joy sentiment and popped up image onto the card base and Done!
Loved the results and only took minutes because my image was already colored:-)

So happy to have another Christmas card for my stash.

Happy Holidays, my friends.

Adding to STAMPlorations Anything Goes


STAMPlorations CAS Anything Goes without optional color twist: Rainbow.


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Christmas Candles-Large and Layered Mistletoe..sentiment.
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media for image.  SU Whisper White Thick card base.
Inks: Archival Black.  Zig Markers.  Magicals pigment powder..copper.
Accessories: MB Stitched circle die. MISTI, SU Aqua painter. fun foam.  

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully watercoloured florals and candles! And I love it being a square card - suits the image so well. Thanks for making a card for the challenge I'm hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange and copper candles Nancy. So pretty with your Christmas Greenery. Great save die-cutting with the stitched circle. I LOVE using red, but it is THE most difficult colour --- doesn't want to stay in it's place. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful image Nancy, i love all those warm colours. Great save using the stitched circle, I love your square card I seem to be doing more of those recently:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty poinsettia & candle image, Nancy! Your Zig coloring is gorgeous and I love the warm color palette. The shimmery copper surrounded by the Zig colors adds great interest and it must look more beautiful IRL. The square card base and the popped-up stitched circle make a great design. I would have never thought this was not your original layout.
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercoloring, Nancy, something I have no talent doing. Gorgeous image too. Sorry for smiling about a smudge. I've never done a card without one. Don't they just magically appear from nowhere? Love that you were able to frame it in a circle. The one good thing about smudges is it makes is imaginative in disguising it. Love the stitched circle in a square card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL card Nancy!! Love your colors and I imagine the shimmer from the magicals is fabulous in real life! And great save using the circle die...it worked perfectly and love the layout of the circle on the square base. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful splash of color on white. Love that! Gorgeous stamp and card design and good save getting rid of the smudge. It looks great like this! I can't even tell you how many times that's happened to me. Pretty to put the sparkle on the large candle. I was remembering the other day how I had pots and pots of shimmery pigment powders that I never used (received when on a DT), so I let them go. Trends come back around... I'm sure they were pretty much the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trends do return. TFS your sweet comment, my friend on this card and several others:-) Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  8. Lovely image and so beautifully coloured, Nancy! Great save from the ink smear and from having to fussy cut. I just thought it was the original design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great save Nancy and what a stunning card. Your water colouring looks fabulous and the shimmer from the magicals looks wonderful and is a fantastic contrast. X.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Nancy...love how you cut the piece down.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers and greenery surrounding your pretty candles, Nancy! The smudge was a happy accident. Love the circle cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fabulous cut into a circle... Wonderful painting and such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy