Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Day Two-Twelve Tags of Christmas


It is time for Loll's 5th Annual Christmas Tag Event with her Friends.


I am thrilled to be asked again to join Loll's talented group of Guest Designers.

The tag event is such a fun way to build up needed tags for the holidays.
Here is my Christmas Tag for Day 2.

I had so much fun making this bright and bold poinsettia tag using
  STAMPlorations Layered Poinsettia stamp set, designed by Shirley of Bees Knees.
Shirley designed 3 Layered Christmas stamp sets: Layered Poinsettia,  Layered
Mistletoe and Layered Lights.  They are perfect for quick and creative holiday cards.

I die cut my Arches Hot Press paper with CUTplorations "Stitched Tags Nesting Dies"
 using the 2nd to the largest of the 6 tag dies.

Placed tag in MISTI and placed 1st solid stamp layer on tag and then inked
with Distress Inks, one layer at a time.  I inked stamp with Festive Berries, 
spritzed with water and stamped tag then moved ink around with paint brush.
Next did the same with Barn Door DI.  Let Dry.

Next used outlined poinsettia layer stamp to stamp over solid poinsettia
using MISTI and Archival black ink.

I stamped the flower image on post-it note and fussy cut out for a mask.
I added mask to flower,  colored solid small leaf with Mowed Lawn and spritzed with
water and used MISTI to stamp each leaf and paint brush to move ink around.

Let leaves dry and then stamped with lined leaf using black ink and MISTI.
It was all a fairly quick process. Loved the bold, bright look.

Left tag in MISTI and added the sentiments, which was fun.  
I got to use the top sentiment from Layered Lights, 2nd sentiment
from Layered Mistletoe and 3rd sentiment from Layered Poinsettia:-)

My final touches: SU Retired Ribbons and Gold Stickles and Done!

I loved how my tag turned out and hope to create more with the other Layered sets:-)

I am sharing my Poinsettia Card. 
Now you can see how my card inspired my Christmas Tag design!

Enjoy and hope you join us at Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas 2018 Event.
There are 10 more days of gorgeous inspiring tags by Loll and her Guest Designers.
We can't wait to see your creative tags!
You have until Nov. 23rd to link up your tags.
.Hugs...

Adding to STAMPlorations Anything Goes



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations: Shirley's Bees Knees..Layered Poinsettias, Layered Lights and Layered Mistletoe.
Paper: Arches Hot Press
Inks: T.H. Distress Inks: Festive Berries, Barn Door, and Mowed Lawn.  Archival Jet Black ink.
Accessories: CUTplorations Stitched Tags Nesting Dies. MISTI. T.H. Mister. Mask, Gold Stickles, SU Retired Ribbons.

26 comments:

  1. ohh i am in love with this tag and card set, Nancy! LOVE how you layer-stamped that poinsettia on both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Shirley's 3 new Layered Christmas sets:-) So fun and easy to make Christmas designs. Thank you for your sweet comment, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  2. I love your poinsettia tag Nancy .... and the card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag and card set Nancy! That poinsettia is so bright and beautiful with your mix of two shades of red distress inks. The black outline adds another punch with contrast. Thanks so much for being my Guest Designer this year at TTOC 2018! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend for inviting me to Guest Design again this year. Your Christmas Tag Event has been my favorite Christmas Challenge for 5 years. We do have fun! Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  4. OK Nancy...you've got to stop enabling me!! Here I just got my order from Stamplorations for the stencils after I saw your cards for the Twofer Challenge, and now yesterdays tag with the mistletoe and todays with the poinsettia...I couldn't stand it and had to order both stamp sets! Your tag and card are absolutely BEAUTIFUL...LOVE them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE both sets, Marcia. Thanks for the sweet comment too, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful tag, Nancy! Love that stamp and i do imagine it was fun to do. Love the way it's colored, so modern and artsy! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag, Nancy - it is so perfectly CAS! What a wonderful artsy sketchy looking poinsettia - great layering of the colours and masking so that you could add the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are so bold and beautiful, I especially love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant in it's simplicity! Just perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great two part poinsettia stamp Nancy! Your colors are so bold and bright on the white! a beautiful tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, those colours just jump off the tag and card, I love all the white space framing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous tag and card, Nancy! I love the bold red and lovely green that you chose for the Poinsettia's and your CAS designs are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bright and pretty poinsettia tag, Nancy! I love the bright and bold colors and the wonderful CAS design! You coordinated the sentiment stamps from the different sets so well. And great choice of the ribbons - the colors are just perfect for the poinsettia!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the contemporary style to the tag and card Nancy. Great poinsettia layering stamps and how you've stamped the red and green look so beautiful. Stunningly CAS and absolutely wonderful X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful poinsettias, Nancy! Love the rich, red blooms! Great idea to make a matching card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, that's a pretty poinsettia, Nancy! Both tag and card are gorgeous! Fantastic bold bloom on all that wonderful white. Like your ribbon combo on the tag. Hooray for your guest spot and such good progress on your Christmas cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a special duo. Those poinsettias are totally unique and the stamping so very crisp. The richness of that red is perfect too. A brilliant idea in adding the green and red ribbon to the tag, give that flower a lot of class. Beautiful duo dear friend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry, Nancy, I thought I had commented here. I love your beautiful poinsettia tag and card! Love the rich red and green colors and the red and green ribbon! (Loved your other tags, too, my friend!!) ❤Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  18. You’ve done a fantastic job with my stamps, Nancy! The rich colours really pop on the white background, and I love that you’ve created a matching card and tag set (and got to use all three stamp sets for your sentiment!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can tell, I am having so much creative fun with your new Christmas Layered Stamp Sets, my friend:-) They are so easy to use and LOVE how you can mix and match all the sentiments:-) Thank you for your comment and especially for your inspiring stamp sets, Shirley. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  19. Wonderful card / tag set, Nancy. Beautiful job stamping the layers in traditional festive red / green colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! They are so vibrant and beautiful!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful layered poinsettia on this tag Nancy, and I love the sentiment you have put together, and the red and green tones work beautifully together for a lovely bright finish. The matching card is gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful tag and card set!
    That poinsettia is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy