Thursday, July 1, 2021

CAS Mix Up Alcohol Inks on Vellum

Wow...Fabulous Alcohol Inks on Vellum CAS Mix Up Challenge hosted by the 
clever and creative Coni (Which Craft?).
There are amazing and creative cards posted by our talented Design Team and our 
very talented CAS Guest Designer, Hannelie (desert diva).  Be sure and check them out:-)

You have until the 24th to play along, which we would Love!


Here is my Alcohol Ink Pearls on Vellum cardstock card made for my special friend, 
Daisy's 92nd Birthday.  She loved it...especially all the shine:-)

It was impossible to get a decent photo of the shine from the Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink 
on SU Vellum cardstock,  but it was truly Stunning:-) 

 I used the salad spinner technique using vellum instead of Yupo paper.  I placed a small piece of SU Vellum Cardstock in the spinner and added drops of Alcohol Ink Pearls ink onto vellum and drops of Blender Solution and then spun the salad spinner.

Here is another one of my posts using the salad spinner with Yupo paper and Alcohol Pearls Ink.  It has a link to our dear friend, Karen (Snippets) photo tutorial.

When happy with the results I removed the background from spinner and used a large acrylic block to weight down the background until it dried.

Next die cut favorite area of background with Memory Box Stitched Circle Die. 
Die cut a piece of SU 100# cardstock and attached to stitched circle with Connect Glue.
Weighted down over night, then attached to White Craft Foam with Connect Glue.

Next die cut Alexandra Renke Die Cut Grasses 3 times and stacked using Connect Glue.  Then...you guessed it... glued grasses to circle and weighted down with block.

Used MISTI to center the SSS Thoughtful Messages and stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink.

Then attached main image to White Craft Foam and then to SU Basic White 100# card base
and Done!  Loved my 1st Alcohol Pearls Ink on Vellum Card:-)

We would love to have you play along in Coni's cool challenge!
Be sure and check out the videos,  which are very helpful or in my case do your own thing:-)

Love and Hugs..


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add swl1subscribers@gmail.com to your contact list so
Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.
**************************

Supplies:
Stamps: SSS Thoughtful Messages.
Inks: Ranger Alcohol Pearls Inks.  Archival Jet Black. 
Paper: SU Vellum Cardstock and Basic White 100# Cardstock.
Accessories: Alexandra Renke Die Cut Grasses. Memory Box Stitched Circle Die. Connect Glue.  Large Acrylic Block for weight. Small salad spinner ( my large spinner is only for food use).  Blender Solution.   


24 comments:

  1. I am yet to invest in a salad spinner Nancy - but these lovely cards you keep making with AI means it won't be long before I get one!
    I am sure your special friend loved this gorgeous card.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind a salad spinner, I have yet to invest in alcohol inks!! Maybe I cam figure something out with alcohol markers...! Your background is truly stunning Nancy - what a wonderful card. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, your salad spinner background is truly amazing but I can't get my head around that technique. Isn't it terribly messy? I love the result though a beautiful card, of course your friend loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually..not messy. The spinner has a lid:-) To clean I put the spinner in a sink with dish soap and hot water. Then any alcohol ink that remained I squirted with 90% rubbing alcohol (not blending solution..too spendy) and got almost all of the AI off. I had an extra salad spinner (small size) that I was not using. I do want to get a large spinner at sometime. Karen got hers at the Dollar Store...I checked, but our nearest store did not have any, but they do get them in occasionally. Awesome technique! TFS your comment, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. Clearly, I need to get a salad spinner. When I discarded my old one, I had no idea that it would be so necessary in the craft room. All that to say that this card is just lovely. I'm sure your friend is going to be stunned with it's beauty and luster. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since I saw Karen's post, I keep meaning to go to the dollar store and buy a cheap salad spinner (don't want to stain the one I use in the kitchen!!), and now I've seen your beautiful background I'm even more determined to try this technique. Such lovely colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seldom use the full-size spinner, but reach for my mini ALL the time! hmmm - maybe it can be sacrificed for the love of art?
    LOve the colors you've taken for a spin today, Nancy!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele. The one draw back with the smaller spinner is you have to cut small pieces of Yupo or like in this case..Vellum. I die cut several ATC sizes and Circles using my Memory Box Stitched dies. I ended up with 6 backgrounds...all different and beautiful that I can use for future projects:-) Can't wait to see what you do with one of your spinners:-) Sure is fun sharing! Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  7. What a spectacular background, Nancy! Love the marbling of those colors with the simple white die cuts. Makes me want to pull my alcohol ink out again! So thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh..it would be fun to see what you did with the technique, my friend. Hope all is well...Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  8. Love the look of this background, Nancy, and I can get a hint of the shimmer in your photo. Such pretty colors and a smooth blend. Such a nice card and lovely sentiment for Daisy's 92nd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colors and such a beautiful for the grasses. I'm off to the kitchen to see my salad spinners. May have to make a trip to the Dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The alcohol pearls made a fantastic background, Nancy! I love the dimension and how the simple grasses let the background shine through! A lovely card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pearl AIs are so beautiful. I love the shimmer they add to the AIs. Gorgeous birthday card for your special friend, Daisy. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the movement of the AI's with the spinner, I have a spinner machine which I've never used, after seeing this I really should give it a spin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the technique, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  13. The colors you used created a lovely mystical night sky for your pretty white fronds Nancy - what a pretty card for your 92 year old friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can imagine the beautiful pearly shine of the circle panel, Nancy! You made a stunning background using the spinner technique. Love the colors and the way inks spread over vellum. The white grass die-cuts pops beautifully and they have wonderful dimension!
    Daisy must have been so happy to receive this card made with love. :-) Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pearls sure are pretty and so is your card Nancy. Fun technique, with the most unique and glorious effect. One very beautiful card Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you achieved such an array of colours that didn't muddy over Nancy with the Salad Spinner. Great work. Will have to try and find a Salad Spinner to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your results...fab card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why your friend loved this… it’s beautiful. So creative replacing yupo with vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those colours are so lovely and the layout your chose is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy I have never used AI's on vellum but seeing this I really need to try. It's a beauty and your friend will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy