Saturday, May 29, 2021

Another Alcohol Ink background card!

My alcohol ink backgrounds created with Alcohol Ink on Yupo paper have been perfect
 for QCAS (Quick Clean and Simple) card designs.

Again I am using Karen (Snippets) Alcohol ink on Yupo paper and placing the paper in my small salad spinner and adding drops of Alcohol Ink with drops of Blending Solution or you can use rubbing alcohol.
Karen has a simple photo tutorial that shows her technique with a large salad spinner.

I am so Thankful for you, dear friends.  Enjoy...

I only had a small salad spinner so die cut small rectangles and circles for future projects:-)  The spinner is now designated to my craft room!  I cleaned it with warm soapy water and the alcohol,  but still not spotless.  Karen got her larger spinner from the $ store!

Here is my previous blog featuring my 1st QCAS Alcohol Inks on Yupo Paper card.

I used STAMPlorations Bloomfully Thankful for my stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink.  Tip: I used the low setting on my heat tool to carefully dry the sentiment.  Then blotted with scrap paper carefully to make sure it was dry.  Inks dry slowly on Yupo paper.  Be careful drying anything on Yupo as it will warp if it gets too hot.

*********************

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add swl1subscribers@gmail.com to your contact list so
Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

*************************

Wishing you a wonderful Memorial Day long weekend with pleasant memories
of family and friends.  My twin sister,  Margie and I will be going to our local cemetery to visit and decorate with flowers from our gardens many of our 3 generations of family and friends.

It is a time to appreciate and remember the past and present. 
Love and Hugs dear friends. Thankful for you😊



15 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Nancy! The archival ink worked perfectly - who knew something so beautiful could come from a salad spinner?!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great, Nancy. What a fun technique and different looks every time. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one, the colours are great and it looks very stylish with that frame. I am going to have to have a look at how it works with the salad spinner as my mind is a bit boggled by the idea at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your splatter background, one technique on my list to try :) love the card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This salad spinner technique gives amazing results Nancy - once I am brave enough to venture back into a shop it is on the top of my list!
    Beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try ordering on Amazon:-) You will love the technique. Now I need a larger spinner without the center post. Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Another awesome alcohol ink background, Nancy! I LOVE these colors! I keep looking in the thrift store, but so far no luck. One will show up soon, I'm sure! You have had such awesome results, my friend! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Nancy! What beautiful colors! We are having a gorgeous weekend in the yard and garden. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a novel idea to use a salad spinner to create backgrounds! I've never heard of this before but what a great look! A beautiful card, and a beautiful way to spend Memorial day remembering those we've lost! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful AI card, Nancy! Love how the inks spread on Yupo. The color combo is pretty, and the simple white matting draws the eye to the focal AI panel! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colour combination and a unique card Nancy. Yes a salad spinner is on my list too x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed so much! This is a WOWZERS!! I love it... salad spinner? who'd have thought

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool card, Nancy! I love the idea of spinning the alcohol inks on the paper, for such a neat background! Great choice of colors, my friend! As a child I always wanted on of those paint spinners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool card, Nancy! I love the idea of spinning the alcohol inks on the paper, for such a neat background! Great choice of colors, my friend! As a child I always wanted on of those paint spinners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simply gorgeous, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy