Sunday, June 6, 2021

STAMPlorations Preview of 8th Birthday Bundle #1


Be sure and check out Shery's Preview Post on STAMPlorations using 8th Birthday Bundle #1.


Shery asked if any of the STAMPgirls could share projects using the new 8th Birthday Bundle #1.

I was happy to share  two cards that I made using 3 of the new Birthday Bundle #1 products on the 1st card and 2 new Bundle products on the 2nd card. 

Blossom Sprays #4  4x6 stamp
Radiate Happy 3x5 stamp set.
Design Blox Template #5 stencil

I masked the Design Blox Template #5 stencil over Mixed Media paper 
using 3M masking tape.
Then watercolored with Magicals powders,  which I reconstituted with a wet paint brush.
Added a bit of water with the brush to a stencil opening and then painted  with the wet brush dipped into the Magicals paint.  I did one opening at a time and made sure none of the colors were next to each other.  Removed the stencil carefully after letting the images dry. Loved the shine from the Magicals.

A few of the images paint seeped under the stencil so I just added a bit more paint to get cleaner lines.
Next time when watercoloring I will spray the back of the stencil with light tacky Pixie Spray.

Next placed background in MISTI and stamped the Blossom Sprays #4 and Radiate Happy
sentiment using Versafine Ink and Heat Embossed with Clear EB Powder.

Trimmed stenciled background and attached to A2 Basic Black Cardstock, which made the 
background Pop!
Attached to White 100# cardstock and Done!  Loved the results😊

******************

My 2nd card
Radiate Happy 3x5 stamp set
Art Border Die #1

I used a Brushos background from my stash for my die cut Art Border #1.
 
Then used CUTplorations Basic A2 Panels Nesting Dies to cut the middle panel and the frame.
If you look closely you can see the beveled edges,  which is a nice finishing touch.

Stamped the sentiment from the Radiate Happy stamp set.
Then attached all the pieces using Connect Glue to the Basic White A2 100# card base and Done!

BTW,  the Art Border #1 is exactly 5 1/2" long.  Perfect for an A2,  5 1/2' x 4 1/4" card base.
Of course the Art Border can be easily trimmed too.

I will also be adding 2 more cards for our Day 1,  8th Birthday Celebration!
Really, really fun products for creating projects😃

Shery will soon be sharing more Previews of her new Birthday Bundles with more samples of
projects by a few of the STAMPgirls.  Stay Tuned!

Love and Hugs..




18 comments:

  1. Love the Magicals over the stencil in the first card. But especially love the second - that's an amazing and beautiful blend of brushos colours - great as a frame, a panel, and the art border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two imaginative and colorful cards! What wonderful effects with your Magicals. I'm going to have to go look at those bundles. They sure look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fantastic and artsy cards, my friend! Love the bright colors! The Brusho pieces are awesome and I love that die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful showcase of the new birthday bundle #!, Nancy! The magical stenciled card is so pretty! You did a great job of stenciling! I thought you used Pixie. Love the colors you used.
    I love how the Brusho colors mixed (the second card)! It looks like gorgeous woven fabric! The design, using the Brusho panels, is fresh and unique! Thanks for sharing! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Nancy, love your painting of the stencil, a little seepage makes it more artsy :) and brusho backgrounds are always one of my favourites ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how I love color and these cards have got it! Your Brusho backgrounds always amaze me. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...the stencil and magiclas on the first one looks fabulous. Eye catching design on the second and loving the brusho's and the die cut. Wonderful inspiration Nancy, Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy both of your cards are lovely - and I'm still wondering why I haven't embraced those Magicals! I just love them in your very creative hands!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two amazing cards from you today, really love the brusho one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed with you painting magicals through a stencil and the way you fixed the color that seeped under. That is awesome and you chose such beautiful colors. The stamped Blossom Spray is so pretty and so is the brusho card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these artsy cards Nancy! Gorgeous background on your first with the magicals through the stencil. Gorgeous colours! And the second is so fantasti with Brushos. Always get a wonderufl mix of colours and textures. The die border is cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two amazing cards! The first card is so unique and graphic and the brushos background is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nancy!

    What fabulous cards - why do my Brusho attempts always look like mud? Meep! I hopped here from Susan B's blog to give you a gentle nudge about coming to play in the Snippets Playground. We'd love to see you with us!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di for the gentle nudge...I appreciate it..I would love to surprise you...Right now I am into gardening with every free minute. Just inside to fix a late lunch. I will try, my friend. Love and Hugs...

      Delete
  14. Love the way you painted the first card and that image looks awesome against it. Super die and brusho background on the second. Two fab cards. Gardening sound fun (saw your comment to Di above) - I know you have great stuff in your garden! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving these artsy cards you make Nancy... Incredible how you got the dimension in your first card and the second one is so striking! Absolutely wonderful! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What striking cards, Nancy! So bright and colourful. Love the artsy look. Amazing work with powdered inks! I struggle with them and never reach for them… maybe I should give them a go again. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those design blox are great - LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy