Thursday, May 2, 2019

STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge Anything Goes: Optional Color Twist: Lilac

Time already for STAMPlorations March CAS Card Challenge Anything Goes:
Optional Color Twist: Lilac.


Here is my card using

Lilac is a beautiful color for late Spring, Early Summer. 
I cut an A2 size card front from SU Crumb Cake CS to start my card.
Then die cut with CUTplorations Crazy Double Stitch Rectangle
Nesting Dies.

I always love seeing how Crumb Cake or Kraft CS will change the original ink colors.
I sponged the Distress Oxide Seedless Preserves onto the CS using 
T.H. Mini Blending Tool.  The tone was just a bit muted.

Then placed ARTplorations Fairy Tale Forest Stencil over sponged card front securing with 
masking tape.  Next used blending tool to add the DOX Lilac ink.
I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the lilac showed over the Seedless Preserves.

When dry I stamped sentiment and coffee cup image from Coffee for All Seasons 
in MISTI. Heat embossed and watercolored cup and saucer with DOX inks.
Attached to Crumb Cake card base and done!

A quick CAS card design that I really liked:-)

We would love to have you join us at our CAS Card Challenge. 
You have until the last day of the month to play along.  Hugs..




Challenge Rules and Prizes:
  • Players can link up to 3 CAS cards.
  • Players can enter a CAS card with or without the optional color twist.
  • Non-STAMPlorations products are OK
  • To qualify for the prize, players must display challenge graphic and link back to the challenge post (blogs only)
  • Prizes: $15 GC for the winner (voted by the team); $5 GC to three (3) randomly picked players

If you use my discount code STAMPGIRLNANCY when you check out at the 
STAMPlorations Store you can get a 20% discount,  which you can use
with some other discounts too:-)



The new "Things with Wings" Blog Hop & Linky Party is May 1-31st.
Hope you get to play along for fun and prizes!



 "Things with Wings" Spring Sale for 15% off plus can combine 
with STAMPGIRLNANCY 20% off Code!


12 comments:

  1. Just the other day I told Tom I wanted arms-full of lilacs, Nancy! YOur beautiful card makes me want them even more!
    So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Nancy I love your soft colours, they are so beautiful and the stencil just pops off the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Nancy! I love how the colours you've used look with the kraft card base. Very unique and beautiful mix of colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lilac is so beautiful - a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never think to sponge on kraft and love the effect! Thank you again for the inspiration. You make me want to run to the craft room to try this,. Beautiful effect with your Oxides!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's my computer, Nancy, but the lilac glows on this card. I had to catch my breath when I saw it. What a beautiful blend of inks and great background. I now have to blend oxides on kraft. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic stencil, Nancy! I love how the lilac ink shines almost like there's a light behind it! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie, I loved the lilac shine/glow too:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  8. That's interesting! I never thought of using my inks on kraft, but I'll definitely put it on my to do list. Love how the Lilac ink showed up. Cute stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few cards in blogland using kraft and Distress Oxides and had to try it. I loved the results. Thanks for your comment, Leslie. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
    2. Beautiful card, Nancy, DOx inks on Kraft gives such a unique look. Fabulous stencilling. So glad I chose this stencil. You’ve made some very inspiring cards with it. xx

      Delete
  9. What a great idea to sponge DOX ink on Kraft cardstock, Nancy! You're always inspiring! I'd love to try this. I love the beautiful stenciling with gorgeous Lilac ink!
    Coloring the coffee cup and saucer with matching colors is a really nice touch.
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy