Thursday, May 30, 2019

Eat, Sleep, Craft, Repeat 2019

Eat, Sleep, Craft, Repeat 2019 Smiling, Creative Friends!
We are all sharing projects we led and made at our 7 day Awesome Retreat.


Left to right:Christine, Trina, Susan, Darnell aka Dolly, Colleen, 
Loll, Bonnie, Nancy (me), Linda.
Blog Hop Links


--------------------
We had a fabulous creative time for 7 glorious days
at Crescent Beach, Canada...south of Vancouver, BC.

The Big house Loll found was perfect for our large group.
Be sure and check out all the girls blogs for more photos of all our fun times.

We are all sharing cards we made and much more.
We had 4 more creative friends join us for Retreat 2019..Bonnie, Lin, Colleen and my
daughter Jeani.  We had the best of times:-)

Here are 2 of my favorite cards...Enjoy!

 Cut Up Stamping Technique that I led.
Card I made using the technique after making DOX ink with Baby Wipe background
that Bonnie led.

I used Kia's Distress Oxide Inks and baby wipe video for my inspiration.
Thank you Kia (aplaceforkia).

Distress Oxide Inks:Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry
and Abandoned Coral. Ink pad to craft mat and spritzed with water
then smooshed onto Photo paper. Wiped off with baby wipe when dry.

Let dry again and then stamped with Archival Jet Black ink.  
Made sure dry by blotting with paper towel.

Cut out 1/2" diagonal piece and removed.
Added white craft foam to two pieces and added top piece to
card front.  Then stamped sentiment using MISTI.

Attached bottom piece and done!
Loved the results.  Two awesome techniques:-)
********

My 2nd card using DOX Blending and heat embossed image led by Lin.
Another favorite finished card.  More cards to share in future posts:-)

I used K. Werner's Blended Distress Oxides #7 You Tube Video 
to choose my DOX colors: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves.

I used makeup brushes or you can use mini sponge blending tools.  
When done with background, I stamped and heat embossed PB flower image.
Popped up main image with white craft foam onto cardstock and added PB sentiment.
Loved the results. Hugs...

*************



Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps:Visible Image "Creative Chaos".  SSS "Messages for Everyday".
Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral. 
Archival Jet Black.
Paper: SU Whisper White 100#card base.  Photo paper for background.
Accessories: Baby wipes.  MISTI.  Papercutter. White craft foam.

Card #2
Stamps:Penny Black A Floral Twist and Family Sentiments.
Inks:Distress Oxide Inks:Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves. Versamark.
Paper: SU Whisper White 100# card base. Ninna 110# card front.
Accessories: MISTI. White EB powder, Heat tool. makeup Brushes Amazon VIVII (gift from Trina:-) White craft foam.

************

Retreat Girls photo by Alex.

Alejandro Garcia Photography
Instagram:  @AlejandroGarcia.Photography

*************

Craft Retreat Photos Tab added with photos of all Three Annual Retreats:-)
Click on tab under my banner!  Enjoy!




23 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Nancy!! Love your first very artsy card with the DOX inks and baby wipe swipe. The colours are awesome (of course, my favs) ... and I love that gorgeous flower stamp (have to buy it for myself). The second card is blended perfectly between the pink and orange (again, my fav colours!). I love this technique that Lin shared ... the white heat embossed image really pops against those gorgeous, bright colours.

    LOVE the cut up stamping technique you shared at the retreat. It will be one that many of us use over and over again! Thank you! Can't wait until next year's retreat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards, just beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous cards, Nancy! I love the wonderful sunset-y colors of both designs and I think they both brilliantly represent the techniques that you used on each one! It was wonderful spending a week with you and getting to meet the faboulous little Jeani! Please tell her hi from me! I miss you!! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I'm so happy you girls have this wonderful retreat together! Looks like you had great weather, good times, and fabulous crafty time!!
    I LOVE card #2 and the colors Kristina compelled you to use - must remember this trio! and the baby wipe technique sure is gorgeous - even split in two!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOW two lovely card Nancy... such pretty colours, beautifully blended in the second and cool idea with the diagonal cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Nancy. These were two great techniques and we had so much fun at the retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, this was a favorite and so glad you shared this technique...I love your blended DOX colors...so gorgeous and of course the awesome TH stamp in white is stunning! It was so great to meet in person and the bonus was having your sweet daughter there too...what a gem! Takes after her mom! Heart hugs friend! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are gorgeous, Nancy. I just pulled out my DOX in your chosen colors so I can make a card using them. How wonderful that you all got to spend this time together crafing, teaching and learning new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of your most fabulous cards from the retreat! Wonderful warm colours in the baby wipe card - they go perfectly with the sentiment. And your cut-up card is just gorgeous with those wonderful stamps! Thanks so much for showing us that technique - I'll be using it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love both of these Nancy! Your color choices are spot on and the images perfect for the backgrounds! We ALL loved the split card technique. Thanks so much for leading us in it. It's something I want to do again. It was a real treat getting to sit with you on the plane to Seattle. I'm so glad you were there with me and kept me calm when the plane was delayed. It was wonderful meeting you in person and meeting your delightful Jeani! I'll treasure our time together always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all sure looked like you had loads of fun and what a stunning cards, great techniques and what extra fun to have your daughter join you x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards created! I love the cut one with the sentiment recessed and the wonderful deep color on the 2nd! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards with two awesome techniques, Nancy. The cut up stamping technique was on my list to try so I’m so happy you chose it. Love that technique.
    It was not only fantastic to see you again this year, but it was a pleasure to craft right alongside with you. I appreciated all your help. Miss you. 💙xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cheerful colors on both cards, Nancy. That cut up technique is wonderful, a new one to me. And love the absolutely perfect color blending on the second one. Thanks for describing these fun techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you all had the best time! It's awesome that Jeanie was there for a couple of days, too. Bet you came home with all kinds of beautiful things to make into cards. These are two fabulous examples. Love the split on #1 and the gorgeous blended background and white embossing on #2. I love my brushes. I did use them with Oxide inks and they're very nice for that, too. I watched the video you linked to. Nice color blends! I need to make some more backgrounds. What fun! Love the pic of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards that you are sharing with us. The cut up technique was so fun and your card is awesome. And I am so glad that you enjoyed the blending of the Oxide Inks and white embossing them. So nice to have met you and the other ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab post, Nancy! Your retreat sounds wonderful, and your picture is fun (love your hair). Your two cards are beautiful! I love the techniques on both. Many hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the beautiful smiles in the picture tell everything, Nancy! I'm so glad you had a fabulous retreat with your dear friends!
    And what gorgeous cards you created! Love both backgrounds - beautiful blend of DOX inks! The style of the stamp image is perfect for the smooshed ink effect and I love the artsy look. The cut up stamping technique makes an awesome design. The white heat-embossed image for the second card is beautifully pops against the ink blended background. The color combo is simply stunning! Thanks so much for sharing these inspiring cards. I look forward to seeing many more!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the photo of all you gals in your crafty aprons Nancy...I can just imagine the great time all of you had together!! And your cards are absolutely beautiful!! I love your background with the pinks, oranges, and yellows on your 1st card and that split sentiment technique is so cool looking! And your 2nd card with all the DOX blending and embossing is equally beautiful!! Wonderful post Nancy!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love them both, so clean and crisp with truly rich colours...a reflection of all that positive creative energy! A beautiful retreat and sisterhood xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. love them...you are so blessed to be able to share you love of creating with such a wonderful group of friends....love it!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy thank you for sharing the photo and your beautiful cards! What lucky ladies to have been able to get together and play!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy