Monday, May 6, 2019

CAS Mix Up May Baby Wipes

I am playing along with the May CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.


Bonnie is hosting this fun challenge.
You will be so inspired by the DT and GD's sample cards.
There are plenty of video's if you need technique ideas too.


I am using Distress Oxide's and Baby Wipe + Stamping + Stenciling, 
 Smooshing and Dies.

I used Kia's Distress Oxide Inks and baby wipe video for my inspiration.
Thank you Kia (aplaceforkia).  I am thrilled with the technique.  

I began by using an A2 cut piece of SU Glossy CS to Smoosh on several
Distress Oxide Inks.  Drying between each color.
I used DOX's: Iced Spruce, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and
Aged Mahogany.

When dry I die cut with CUTplorations "ATC Builder Die" to get 2 backgrounds.
Unfortunately when I stamped on the 2nd background with Versafine Black
I did not dry and the sentiment really smeared.
My fault,  I should have used Archival Jet Black ink and then heated
because of the glossy surface of CS.  Lesson learned! 

Next..the magical part..wiping off the chalky residue caused by the
Distress Oxide inks using a Baby Wipe.
 Voila'..a bright and beautiful shiny image!

Then stamped SSS "Messages for Everyday" sentiments using Versafine
black ink and heat embossed with SU clear embossing powder.
Attached to ATC image.

Next stenciled on SU Whisper White card front with DOX Aged Mahogany 
using Tim Holtz "Dot Fade" stencil and sponge dauber.

Die cut card front with SSS Postage Stamp Edge Frames (lg).
Attached to Whisper White 100# card base and
popped up main image with White Craft Foam and Done!
Loved the results!!!

You have until the 24th to play in the fun challenge.  Hugs..


 ****************



Supplies:
Stamps: SSS Messages for Everyday sentiment
Paper: SU Whisper White 100# and 80#, Glossy CS
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks: ced Spruce, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and
Aged Mahogany.  Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink.
Accessories: CUTplorations ATC Builder Die.  SSS Postage Stamp Edge Builder Die (lg). T.H. Dot Fade Stencil. White Craft Foam. SU Clear EB Powder and Heat Tool.



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors and patterns on your baby wipe background, Nancy! Love the stenciled background that picks up the colors and adds depth! Awesome card using the baby wipe technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great artsy effect using the glossy photo paper Nancy and love that touch of coloured stencilling on your background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used SU Glossy CS, which worked fine. I LOVE this new to me technique:-) See you soon, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  3. I have only tried this with the photo paper so great to hear that the glossy card stock works too Nancy. The colours you've used look fabulous. Great design and loving the addition of the stencilling. Thank you for the reminder about using archival ink x Stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of colors and it is vibrant. How cool that you did a stencil background and it looks so clean and crisp. I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card Nancy!! Love the colors you used and the look you achieved with the oxide inks...very cool looking!! Excited to try this technique out and glad to hear you used glossy cardstock instead of the photo paper, as I don't have any photo paper. Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this kinda reminds me of your new blog look!! The colors are gorgeous - isn't it shocking how they change after swiping with the wipe!?
    A beautiful birthday card, Nancy! They'll never believe how it was made!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool background piece, Nancy! It sort of gives the sense that you're traveling into it. It all comes together beautifully with the slanted stenciled background in matching ink. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the glossy paper and baby wipe technique and never heard of it before this challenge... Your card is gorgeous and I love the stenciling behind that beautiful art piece..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not either...Bonnie started a trend:-) I love the technique..Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous. Beautiful colours and design. A very artsy card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome panels on this birthday card, Nancy. Love the colors and patterns. I so need to try this technique! Super card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the way you used the baby wipes - and lovely colours too. The postage stamp die cut is the perfect background layer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, you always use DOx colors that I would never think of and the results are gorgeous. Love the artsy look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful combination of colors for the baby wipe panel, Nancy! Iced Spruce makes a great accent, and I love the artistic smooshed effect.
    The background dots stenciling adds so much interest and the dot color ties to the baby wipe panel. The Postage Stamp Edge Frames is a wonderful touch too.
    It’s always pleasure to see your card in our gallery, my friend!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this piece is truly special. I adore this colour combo, so rich and the beautiful movement in the smooching. Truly a unique piece. Great card design with the stencilling behind. Glad you found a solution for the sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy