Monday, May 20, 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Stocking

I am playing along with the CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Stocking.
Hosted by the very talented Trina (Phamtastic Design) and this months
wonderful Guest Designer, Helen (Helen's Craft Haven).
You still have until the 24th to play along:-)




My Christmas Stocking Card.

I found this beautiful Alcohol Ink on Acrylic background in my stash.  I used Ranger
reds and pinks Alcohol Inks.  I also added scrunched white tissue paper to the back
to bring out the colors.

Here is a link to one of my favorite cards using this technique with the Deets.

I die cut the Memory Box Large Circle Burst Die and  
attached the background to SU card front with scotch tape.

I was happy to finally use my Faux Enamel stocking that was in my stash.
I die cut the stocking with CUTplorations Warm Hands Warm Hearts Die 
out of Stathmore 350# Mixed Media paper and used an electric grill to melt layers
of SU Vintage Verdigris EB Powder (ret) and then added Ranger Gold 
EB Powder and melted.  So much glittery sparkle in the stocking:-)

Popped up the stocking with foam tape, stamped Penny Black Holiday Snippets
 sentiment and popped up with foam tape and Done!

Thank you Trina for a fun Stocking Challenge. Hugs..

****************



Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Holiday Snippets
Paper: SU Whisper White 100#.  Strathmore Mixed Media 350# paper
Inks: Ranger  Alcohol Inks..pinks and reds.  Versafine Black ink.
Accessories:MB Large Circle Burst Die. Acrylic Sheet. Electric Grill. EB powders.
 Warm Hands and Hearts stocking Die.  

11 comments:

  1. Such a vibrant striking background! And your stocking reminds me of some wonderful chunky handknit socks I used to have. Great card - thanks for making it for CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is sure to bring you extra goodies with that gorgeous stocking hanging up! I love the sparkly shine on it and the acrylic AI background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright pink behind that beautiful burst negative cutout is striking, Nancy. Glad you were able to finally use that pretty, sparkly encrusted stocking. It looks even better IRL. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faux enamel stocking looks fabulous, unique and wonderful and what a stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Nancy, this is stunning ... that vibrant background is fabulous and the stocking is amazing. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, this is fabulous, your backgroundis stunning and the stocking as well. So glad you could play with us! Such a pleasure to meet you as n spend time playing as n getting to know you and your sweet daughter! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the merry and bright background, Nancy. Gorgeous colours and even more beautiful with the texture of the scrunched tissue paper showing through. The stocking looks like it's made of felted wool. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, pretty! I really love that Circle Burst die, and the stocking is way cool. Your gorgeous background is merry and bright, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, this enamel stocking, Nancy! And that AI background is so pretty behind the burst die cut! I love how the tissue adds texture to that vivid color! I'm so glad you joined us at CAS Christmas this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your AI and tissue paper background IS merry and bright, Nancy! Love the colors and the visual texture. The circle burst window die enhances the merry & bright feeling. And what a lovely and sparkly Faux Enamel stocking! It looks soft and warm, and complements the wonderful AI background so well.
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the faux enamel stacking! And the vibrant BG is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy