Monday, March 12, 2018

Twofer March Challenge: Blossom

Time for Darnell's #3 Twofer Challenge: Blossom!



Here are my Twofer cards using Penny Black "Promise Me" tulips stamp.
Such a relaxing and enjoyable creative day Zig Watercoloring  
these beautiful Penny Black images.  



Close Up of my 1st card.

I used the same Zigs watercoloring technique for both cards.
I inked the stamp with Tea Dye Distress Ink and stamped the image
onto Fluid 100 Hot Press WC paper then moved the ink around with my aqua painter.

I then used my Zig pens: Light Violet, Violet, Lemon Yellow, Yellow, Bright Yellow, Orange, Mid-Green and Olive Green and aqua pen to watercolor my flowers
letting my layers dry before adding more ink.
I used my white gel pen to highlight some areas.

I am sharing my favorite Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens videos.  I used tips from both these videos for my cards.  The 1st video is by Jennifer McGuire (6 ways to use Zigs).  The 2nd video is by K. Werner (Tips for Watercoloring with Zigs).

If you use Jennifer and Kristin's tips you will have beautiful success with your Zig watercoloring.

I stamped my sentiment using Archival Jet Black ink then used my SU Square Die
to die cut my tulips and then decided to die cut a smaller square and pop up the smaller square with fun foam.  I attached the larger square to my 4 1/4" square SU Very Vanilla
card base using more fun foam for the layer.

Next attached the smaller square, popping up with 2 layers of fun foam.
I was very happy with the CAS design.  Hope you like it too:-)

My card is for a dear friends Daughter-in-Law,  who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
Wishing my card of encouragement will brighten her day.

Close up of 2nd card.

I used the same Zig Watercoloring technique with a little change of colors for the flowers.
Using Pink, Carmine Red and Wine Red for the middle tulip and Yellow, Bright Yellow, Orange and Scarlet Red on the other tulips and same greens.

Next I die cut my main image and stamped the sentiment.
Next I gave my background a wet on wet watercolour wash using my aqua pen and Zig Light Blue,  which is perfect for a soft wash.

I added the same size die cut SU Rose Red background angled
and attached both layers with fun foam to SU Very Vanilla card base.

Done and another card I like.  Love your challenge Darnell.
It is so fun to end up with 2 different designed cards for 2 different occasions for my stash:-)
This card is for a dear friend who has recently moved to Assisted Living
learning to adjust to not living in her own home with her gorgeous garden!

Think Blossoms and Spring my friends!  Hugs....

Supplies: 

Card 1: 
Stamps: Penny Black "Promise Me" tulips and "Happy Snippets" sentiment.
Paper: Fluid 100 Hot Press.  SU Very Vanilla
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Clean Color Real Brush Zig pens..colors listed on card description.
Accessories: SU Aqua Painter.  White Signo Gel Pen.  SU Square die cuts (ret). Fun Foam. 

Card 2:
Stamps: PB Promise Me.  STAMPlorations Trendy Feathers 2 sentiment.
Paper: same as card 1 plus SU Rose Red Core'dinations (ret).
Inks: Zig colors listed on card description. Archival jet black.
Accessories: Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Dies. Aqua painter, fun foam.


16 comments:

  1. Nancy these cards are amazing. The water colouring is fabulous and I love the vibrant colours. Great idea to embellish with the white pen. Love the layouts of both cards but especially the first one with you popping the smaller square up on foam. You sure look like you had a relaxing, creative and enjoyable day making these beautiful cards...Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, what an outstanding job you did painting these! Thanks for the links to the videos too. What fantastic, spring colors you chose for this Now you have inspired me to try this! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are just gorgeous, Nancy, and I really love both your designs which allow the bold sketchy tulips to just burst off the cards! Thank you for the links and thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards and so pretty! The spotlight card is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, both cards are gorgeous, it really feels like spring seeing those tulips. Awesome cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are pretty, bright, and uplifting, Nancy! Your watercolouring is fantastic - your choice of colors, the shades, the highlights, and the wash without any bleeding into the tulips! The popped up square adds dimensional interest, and the tilted rose red rectangular panel creates lively movement. I love these wonderful twofer cards, and I'm sure your friend and your friend's DIL will too. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful tulip cards. I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the colors! So pretty to get the no-line look this way. Very vibrant and cheerful, beautifully shaded. Love the design of each card, and so nice that you have two cards which will be delivered, received, and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just amazing tulips, and your watercoloring of both is stunning. Those colors are so rich and vibrant. I like the idea of that cut out and popped up center panel too. Great designs for both cards! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome 2fer cards! I need to upload mine 😁

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards using these lovely tulips Nancy! Love the layering of stampings on the first square card - and the lovely off set framing of the 2nd. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Nancy. I love the vibrant colours of your tulips that are sure to brighten the day of the recipients of your cards. Great design with your popped up center panel of your first, and the tilted codloured panel of your second. Thanks for including the videos as well. And thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Nancy! Wonderful coloring, thank you for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, WOW Nancy my friend!! These are simply stunning my friend! LOVE the colouring technique you used! They look like little miniature watercolour paintings! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are show stoppers!! I love the vibrant colors you used Nancy!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are beautiful and so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy