Friday, March 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour Garden


Loll is hosting our March CAS Watercolour Challenge: Garden!


  Our beautiful Garden Cards from our DT and wonderfully creative Guest Designer, Nonni (Nonni's Handmade Cards) will hopefully remind you that Spring will soon be here:-)

We also want to welcome our new DT member Marcia (Marcia's Stampin' Pad).  Marcia plays in our challenge often and has inspired us with her beautifully creative CAS Watercolour designs.
So happy to have you as our new DT Member, Marcia.

 We will miss Christine (It's a card days night), who chose to  move over to our new
CAS Christmas Card Challenge,  which starts tomorrow, March 3rd:-)
Thank you Christine for your amazingly creative CAS Watercolour designs!


Here is my Zigs Watercoloured Card using my Aqua Painter!

Close Up...Wink of Stella on all blossoms.


I watercolored a favorite old (2006) wood mount SU set.  I watercolored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush set and SU Aqua Painter.  It was so easy to add highlights and move the ink around.

I have discovered that the Zig waterbased paints are too dark unless I thin with a paint brush or aqua painter.  They blend well also when adding color on color.

I began by stamping my image onto Fluid 100 Hot Press paper using Versafine Black Pigment Ink and then Heat Embossing.

Then I spent a relaxing hour watercoloring my images,  drying between layers
 until I was happy with the results.

Next I die cut my image with my SU Square Collection Die (ret).
Used a scrap of SU Perfect Plum Core-dination Paper (ret) to cut another square the same size as the main image.  Attached Perfect Plum layer to CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die card front and placed in MISTI.

Stamped the sentiment from SSS "Bouquet of Thanks" set using Versafine Black and Heat Embossed.
Then popped up main image using fun foam and Done.
Now I am really ready for Spring Gardening:-)

You have until the 24th to play along. We would love to have you join our springtime fun!

More Challenges:
SSS Monday Challenge: In the Garden

SSS Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU Long-Time Friend (ret).  SSS Bouquet of Thanks sentiment.
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White and Perfect Plum Core-dinations CS.  Fluid 100 Hot Press WC paper.
Inks: Versafine Black.  Zig Clean Clolor Real Brush markers.
Accessories: SU Clear EB Powder and Heat Tool.  CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Die.  SU Square Collection die (ret) and Aqua Painter. Fun Foam ($ store)

22 comments:

  1. LOVE your image Nancy. So beautifully watercoloured with your zigs. I pulled out older stamps as well for my card. It's fun to visit with them again and to realize how much better I am with watercolouring then I was when I first used these a few years ago. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect image for the "garden" theme. I see we both have pots on their sides on our cards - they give such an idea of a garden in progress!! Love the pretty flowers with the Wink of Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully painted, Nancy! And by the way "relaxing" and "water coloring" do not go together here all that well. (grin). What a great job you did! Wish I could get the hang of it here since I just love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so petty Nancy, I just love this set, awesome watercolourng to make such a beautiful image. By the way I'm really looking forward to CAS Christmas but will really miss CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning coloring job with the Zigs! Beautiful blending and I love the colors you chose. Great design too, the purple of your "backing card" ties up the colors beautifully. Thanks for having me as GD at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous stamp and beautifully water coloured. Thank you for the tip about the zigs x Your gorgeous card brought a lovely smile to my face and thank you for the wonderful inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those twisted panels Nancy!! And what a pretty little garden scene you have coloured so beautifully! So clean and fresh and I love the colour and texture of the twisted panel! Have a lovely weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sure says "garden" to me, Nancy! This image has aged beautifully, a good one to keep around. Makes me think of the lavender in your garden. I like the angled square behind the main image, and a nice sentiment. Keeping it simple, but with style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little garden scene Nancy! I think I have that stamp buried in a box full of old wooden SU! stamps too...should dig it out as your card turned out SO pretty using that stamp! Makes me wish Spring would hurry up and get here...definitely need some color in our gray and brown landscape here in Michigan!! Thank you so much too for the kind words of welcome...totally appreciate it and am so looking forward to playing along with all of you each month!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect image for a gardening theme Nancy and love your colouring of it in really pretty colours, and the plum coloured piece of card behind it really complement it, and love that Crazy Double Running Stitched edge to the base card. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely garden scene, Nancy! I love how you've continued with the purple on the background piece and offset the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Nancy! Perfect image for this challenge. I can see why it’s a favourite stamp of yours. Beautiful watercolouring with Zigs.. You achieved great depth of colour. Love the colours and the fun design with the perfect plum square. Very inspiring my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is breathtaking!! I adore the colouring and the beauttiful design of your card... Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little watering can, Nancy! Beautifully water colored, and what a wonderful way to mount it atop such a pretty plum paper! Zigs are wonderful, aren't they? You know what else is wonderful? This wonky stitched edge of yours... and your kind heart! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely lavender (perfect plum) color themed garden card, Nancy! Looking at the card, I can easily imagine you working on your beautiful garden. Your Zig watercoloring is stunning - I especially love the way you painted the pots, the water pitcher, and the ground under it. The tilted square panel adds liveliness to the flowers. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty in the purple and blues - a beautiful garden scene - there's something about the big metal watering cans that please me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a pretty card and great colouring on your image,thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, Nancy! Love that image and your awesome coloring. Great card!!! I am so ready for Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful mf...can't wait to get back out into the garden. It's so freezing here this morning, surprised it's not snowing!! The sun is out and I'm hoping it warms up.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two huge compliments, Nancy. Your watercoloring is amazing! Layers (and patience) are definitely the key. And your layout is so eyecatching. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very pretty, gorgeous colouring and love the touches of sparkle.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love card Nancy... reminds me of my potting area, with cuttings in a pot and pots and soil ready - wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy