Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Less is More #367 Stencil and One Layer Card!



My Less is More #367 OLC card using a new to me stencil from ARTplorations
Designed by Sanna!


I just had to touch my new to me Sanna Stencil tonight and came up with this fun and easy One Layer Card thanks to this weeks Less is More Challenge.

I used Strathmore Mixed Media paper for my card base because I was not sure 
if I would be adding water. It turned out I did not.

I taped my stencil down over my card front and used 3M masking tape
to mask off all, but three of the blooms from my ARTplorations 
"Flowers 1" Stencil designed by Sanna.

Then the fun began to use my Clarity Stencil Brushes to brush on my Distress Inks.
I used TH Distress Inks in this order: Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries
for the flowers and then Mowed Lawn for the stems and leaves.

Removed masking tape and stamped my image from STAMPlorations pretty "Blooming Buds"
designed by Deepti.

And Done!  Amazing.  I really like the soft colors for this sympathy card.

I am taking my card over to STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge too.


STAMPlorations March Challenge: All about Spring and Faith.


Just getting under the wire with my card.  Hope you like it.  Hugs..


P.S.  My card was a Less is More #367 Show Case Winner:-)  I am thrilled! 
Be sure and check out all the winners:-) Thank you LIM!


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Blooming Buds" by Deepti
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media
Inks: TH Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries for the flowers and then Mowed Lawn for the stems and leaves.
Accessories: ARTplorations "Flowers 1" by Sanna. 3M Masking Tape. Clarity stencil brushes.

17 comments:

  1. So very pretty and love how you have done those colours through the stencil and with the brush. So elegant and perfectly CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, that definitely is a "must have" stencil! IT's perfect for a sympathy card, particularly when one is needed quickly. Love this clean and classy design and love the sentiment you paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Nancy! I "need" that stencil!! great enabling heeheehee

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft colours that go well with your sentiment! Good for you for doing a one layer card - I really struggle with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too normally, but this one went together with no problem. Love when that happens. Thank you for your comment, Susan. Hugs

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card for a sad occasion Nancy. Your sentiment is just wonderful! Lovely, subtle ink blending through that pretty stencil too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these fresh colors and cute flowers. Pretty sentiment for a sympathy card. And one layer! It looks perfect, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty stencil, Nancy! I love the colors you chose and the way the flowers appear to be moving! A wonderful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree..pretty stencil...sweet card. Love the fresh look it has.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, classy one layer card, Nancy! Your stenciling with the Clarity brushes is amazing - the color blending is so smooth! The soft and delicate flower images are perfect for a sympathy card. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card Nancy. Love the pretty flowers and that stencil is great too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, Nancy. The soft stencilling with the Clarity brush is flawless. The DI colours look so pretty together... now I need to buy Festive Berries. 😉 Love it, my friend. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely! The colours really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Nancy! Love this amazing one layer card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful, those cheery flowers! Big congrats on being a LIM showcase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy