Sunday, March 4, 2018

New CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Holly!

So excited to play in Loll and Bonnie's brand new CAS Christmas Card Challenge:-)

Challenge #1 is Holly!

I was inspired by This beautiful CAS card by Susy aka Boss on Splitcoaststampers,  who was recently chosen Featured Stamper for the week of February 18th:-)

Here is my CAS Holly Christmas Card!


While I had my supplies out I made a 2nd card for my stash:-)



I have a feeling my Christmas card stash is going to grow much quicker than normal with the new CAS Christmas Card Challenge:-)

I started by swiping T.H. Mowed Lawn and Barn Door Distress Inks onto acrylic stamping block and spritzing with water using my T.H. spritzer.  Then stamped onto Fluid 100 Hot Press WC paper.
I used my aqua pen to help move the ink around and add more ink from my block where needed.

When dry I stamped my holly and berries from STAMPlorations "Layered Holly" by Shirley,  with Archival Jet Black ink using my MISTI. Adding Wink of Stella to stamped images.

Then I die cut the frame using SU Square Dies (ret) attaching my main image to my 5" x 5" SU Thick Whisper White card base.  Next adding fun foam to my frame and covering my image.  As you can see,  I used the same framing design as Susy's card above.  Susy also stamped her background with her inked and spritzed acrylic block.

Instead of a silhouette die cut image like Susy used,  I die cut a sentiment
and attached to the upper left corner using Tomboy clear glue.
Thank you Susy for your inspiring card and Congratulations again for being chosen
SCS Featured Stamper.

I was very pleased with both my cards and so happy to add to my Christmas Stash.
Thank you Bonnie and Loll for creating your new awesome challenge:-)
Congratulations dear friends.  Hugs...

Adding to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge.



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Layered Holly" by Shirley
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White.  Fluid 100 Hot Press WC paper.
Inks: T.H. Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn and Barn Door.  Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: SU Square Die Cuts (ret).  Acrylic Block.  T.H.Spritzer.  CUTploration "Be Jolly Word" Die. Tomboy glue.  Fun Foam. Wink of Stella.






20 comments:

  1. What a lovely card to CASE for your holly card Nancy - love the colors behind your stamped holly and the big die cut sentiment over the corner of your framing! I have that stamp set and have it out on my work desk to use for another card for Loll and Bonnie's fun new challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, your cards are so artsy and contemporary. Great way to add watercolour in a free way and achieve such a wonderful effect. Yes a great way to add to the Christmas cards with this new and fun challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Nancy! I love the loose artsy backgrounds - perfect for those Holly images 😁. Making an extra card while the stash is out needs to be my mantra this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic cards Nancy. I love Shirley's whimsical holly stamps and your design really showcases them perfectly. I like how you've "sloshed" (as shirley would say) colour onto your background. Painting outside the lines is so much more fun! :) Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful case of Suzy's card! Love the way you were able to maintain that square, not always easy. This is such a fabulous design, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous layout, Nancy! I love the fun colors with the stamped holly and the die cut sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, what a fun layout and love that abstract watercolour background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your holly/background coloring with an acrylic block is so artsy, Nancy! You CASEd Susy's card in your own style, and I love the rough and abstract feeling! Placing the die-cut sentiment on the top-left corner is a clever idea. Thank you for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the CASE of the layout of Susy's card! It works perfectly for your holly leaves. Great use of red and green on the background - you managed to avoid having them "muddy" together and produce brown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Nancy. Super cool bg and wonderful framing. I am so impressed you are already getting a Christmas stash done - I need to get motivated to do that too. Beautifully done case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very happy and fun card mf....I really like the framing.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this, Nancy! Your inked and spritzed block gave you the perfect watercolor square. Beautifully framed with the offset window. Love that chunky die cut sentiment and all the beautiful white surrounding the splash of color. This 5x5 size is my new favorite lately. Still takes a little extra postage, but so cute. The envelope punch board makes perfectly sized envelopes for it. I'm hoping to enjoy this new challenge more than once this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jolly Holly, what a great card! I have to find time to play along! Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE everything about this CAS card Nancy...it's PERFECTION!! I love the bright red & green of your background and just the outline of the holly...SO eye catching! And your white framing is just perfect along with the white "be jolly" die cut! Lovely, lovely card Nancy!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia...a fun card to make. I was happy to get 2 cards made too:-) Hugs

      Delete
  15. I adore the framing of your cards. Love it when it's not the center. Those birds with the black leaf die cut are my cup of tea. So rich! And the holly is so FUN. Beautiful cards my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant CASEs of Susy’s card, Nancy. How did you not get brown from your green and red acrylic block stamping? I’m amazed at that alone, never mind the rest of your lovely holly card. Love the die cut sentiment. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE love love your card! And I love Susy's card too ... I may just have to CASe them both!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet, fun card, Nancy. I love how you used the frame and sentiment and the bright splashes of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What a terrific CASE Nancy! You have done the original artist proud! I might even have to CASE this myself!! Love it! Have a great day my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy