Thursday, March 1, 2018

CAS Mix Up Acetate Shaker Card!

Congratulations Bonnie and Loll for your 2nd CAS Mix Up Birthday:-)
Thank you for all your fabulous Challenges, my friends.
I am so pleased to be on your fabulous DT:-) Thank you for your continuing Inspiration!


Prizes
$25 gift certificate for Simon Says Stamp for challenge Winner
&
$25 gift certificate for Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
(must follow the challenge rules to be eligible for prizes)

Now for our March Acetate, Stamping plus Your Choice Challenge.
Hosted by Susan (Cardmaker's Garret)

This is also Susan's last month on CAS Mix Up.  She is moving over to Bonnie and Loll's new CAS Christmas Card Challenge starting on the 3rd:-)  We will miss you my friend,  but know you will continue to inspire us with your CAS Mix Up cards. We look forward to more of your Awesome Christmas Cards, my friend.

We are now Welcoming our new DT member, the amazing CAS mixed media stamper,
Mac (The Sweetest of Peas)  Be sure and check out her Gorgeous acetate card.
You have until the 24th to play along.

Be sure and check out all the fabulous samples by our DT 
and Wonderful Aussie Guest Designer Cathy (Cathy's Card Spot).



Here is my Acetate + Heat Embossed Stamping + Die Cuts Shaker Card!

This is a challenge,  Right?  So I chose a Shaker Card using an Acetate window, 
which for me is a....Challenge!  

I used K. Werner's Awesome Circle Shaker Card Tips YouTube video,  which is one of several helpful Acetate Techniques videos on the CAS Mix Up Challenge site.

I began by using my MISTI to stamp my sentiment using Versafine Black pigment ink onto acetate sheet.  Then Heat Embossed carefully with SU Clear EB powder.
My 1st try I heated too close, so the acetate warped.  My 2nd try worked.

Then I used the larger partial circle die to cut out the sentiment.
Next die cut my 5 1/4" square card front using larger partial circle and attached the acetate sentiment to the back of card front using Tombow liquid glue.  

Added SU Foam Adhesive Strips (thin for shaker cards) around die cut acetate sentiment.
Added 3M foam pieces all over back of card front.  Added 2nd layer so would be same height as SU Foam Strips.  Sprinkled popped up window with sequins.

Next cut a 5 1/4" square of leaves DSP and attached to foam dimensionals.
Then used adhesive tape to adhere card front.

Die cut a large polka dot frame from the back of the same DSP 
and a smaller white frame to give the window a finished look.
Both frames were inlaid to keep the CAS design.

Attached the shaker layer to SU Thick Whisper White Card Base and Done...2 hours later!
Yes,  a challenge,  but I was happy with the results:-)

It is the layering that always confuses me,  but Kristin made it look so easy.  Instead of a circle I used the AliExpress Stitched Partial Circle dies.  I also added a leaf SU DSP (ret) layer inside and used the opposite side of DSP for the polka dot framed layer for the finishing touch!

Hope you get to join Susan's fun Acetate Challenge.  You have until the 24th to play along.  Hugs.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU "Feel Goods" (ret)
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White CS and Designer Series Paper (ret)
Inks: Versafine Black
Accessories: Amazon...007 Clear Craft Plastic  (acetate sheet).  AliExpress Stitched Partial Circle Dies. SU Clear EB Powder, Heat tool, Foam Adhesive Strips, which worked great..sequins did not stick to tape.  3M foam dimensionals.  Tombow liquid glue.

Reminder Bonnie and Loll's new CAS Christmas Card Challenge starts on March 3rd:-)


20 comments:

  1. What a unique and very creative card. Love the shaker idea and it looks so much fun and so eye catching x So very Happy to be joining your extremely talented design team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to have you Mac as our new DT member. Your Mixed Media CAS style will inspire us all. Welcome, my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool shaker card Nancy. I find shakers to be a CHALLENGE. But that's what we are here for, right??!! We are constantly challenged ourselves with this hobby and that's what keeps it fresh and fun! :) Beautiful card, my sweet friend. Happy 2nd birthday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, this is awesome! It could not be more fun and love the interesting design, keeping the eye busy for quite a while! Shaker cards are my nemesis, always difficult for me. Love the shape of your window on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and funky shaker card, Nancy! Love the dotty frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love shakers - they definitely bring a card up a notch in design and packing a punch for the receiver! Your double framing is lovely on it Nancy with the flat bottom circle shape and patterned paper behind the sequins! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shakers were the first thought that came to mind when I saw the acetate challenge. They are so fun. Your shaker is fabulous. Love the dome shape. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab shaker card, Nancy! Love the stamped and heat embossed sentiment right on the acetate! And such a nice finishing touch to do a frame of the polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also meant to say, thanks for your kind comments about me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that saying! It's been a long time since I've made a shaker card, but this yours is a great inspiration. I think the shape and frame of your shaker is so pretty, particularly with the "sparkles" inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who doesn't love a shaker card and this one is definitely going to bring a smile to someone's face Nancy! I love the sentiment you used on the acetate and thanks for the tip about not getting the heat tool too close!! Fun and very unique card...LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nancy what a fabulous shaker card - they scare me. Love the half circle shapes with the touch of colour. Love your sentiment. Gorgeous design....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of your shaker with the inlaid frame! Cute shape and paper and nice with the stamping on the acetate. Shakers are always a lot of fun to receive. I made a lot of them back when we used beads inside. So now I have a lot of leftover beads. Yours is pretty with the sequins and the paper inside. Delicate and CAS. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impressive, shaker cards intimidate me :P You've definitely mastered the art rapidly. There is so much cohesion in this piece, the dotted frame go with the sequins and the pattern background match the colour scheme. Your sentiment is soooo appropriate too. Bravo, you've created a masterpiece, Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic shaker card Nancy, love the diiecut details too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Shaker card Nancy, I just love that CAS design letting the shaker steal the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What I love most about this shaker card is that it looks so stylish and sophisticated with the muted tone, Nancy! And of course it has shaker cards' features, fun and shininess. The gray polka-dot frame and the green leaf DSP background make the card so special and different from the other shakers. The inlaid die-cutting with the shaker component must have made the card-making process more challenging, but it produced fabulous results!! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  18. The decorative paper makes a lovely background and contrast to your awesome shaker card, my friend! Shakers are a challenge but you seem to have mastered it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's been a long time since I've seen a shaker card--LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy