Friday, January 19, 2018

CASE'ing Cornelia :-)

When I saw my friend Cornelia's beautiful Spotlight card on STAMPlorations
I was so inspired I made my version of her beauty!

Cornelia's "Trendy Spring Blooms" card.

Here is my version using the matching Die set.


And...a Close Up of the Magicals mica powder shimmer.  Sorry,  hard to see, but very pretty IRL!


I die cut Die-Namics Square Peek-a-Boo Window out of Woodgrain CS and then die cut again out of a piece of my Magicals Mica Powder Cling Wrap Background that was in my stash, which has really grown this month.  Here is my CAS Mix Up January Cling Wrap Challenge card with the description of my technique.

Next I used CUTplorations "Trendy Spring Blooms Dies" to die cut my flowers and leaves from different Magicals Cling Wrap backgrounds from my stash.  
Using scraps of Woodgrain CS I die cut the large flowers and small flower again using attaching the layers with SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.   The white layers were a really nice contrast.

I have a cool new Tip for the large flowers.  I saw this somewhere on blogland?   
I placed the sticky side of Glad Press'n Seal on the back
 of the cling wrap backgrounds and then die cut.
All the little pieces stayed in place, which made them easy to work with, without little pieces 
falling out everywhere...lol!

Then placed my card front in MISTI to stamp the PB "Heartfelt Thanks" sentiment.
Good Thing!!!  It took 4 times to completely ink the sentiment
because of the textured CS.

Then attached the leaves with fine tip glue pen and the flowers with dimensionals.
Attached card front to SU Thick Whisper White CS and Done!

Thank you again Cornelia for your Inspiration  :-)

Hugs...

Challenges:

CAS Mix Up January: Stamping, Cling Wrap and my Choice..die cuts.


CAS Watercolour January: CAS Watercolour Birthday.


STAMPlorations Spotlight Gallery


STAMPlorations Anything Goes


STAMPlorations CAS Challenge.  No Twist.


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Heartfelt Thanks
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White. Gemund Woodgrain CS
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Magicals "Prairie Wildflower set": Yellow Rose of Texas and Peony Scarlet Red.
Accessories: CUTplorations Trendy Spring Blooms Dies.  Die-Namics Square Peek-a-Boo Window Die.  Glad Press'n Seal, Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen. MISTI

16 comments:

  1. These flowers are so pretty with the matching background, Nancy! Love the peek-a-boo window cut from the woodgrain paper! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shades of pink and a great layout, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cute, Nancy! I absolutely love it! Super great idea about using the Press 'n Seal, too. I'll file that away for future reference. Your colors and stitchy frame are just wonderful with the cheerful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I just bought some press n seal but haven't used it yet :) love the colours of you cling wrap die cuts. They are so pretty, I also love the wood grain background:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a happy card with the bright colours. Those flowers are so fun!! Love the shimmer! Great tip about the Press and Seal ... I bought some of that recently. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, this is such a beautiful take on her card! I love how you enhance your cards with wonderful framing and dry embossing on the card base. What wonderful springtime colors too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty and I love the shades of pink/purple, Nancy! I feel like smelling spring flowers. The white outlines of the flowers make the beauty of the cling wrap BG pop. The woodgrain card base, the charming frame and the fun layout of the flowers & leaves are a just great ensemble! Thanks for sharing the press 'n seal tip too! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, Nancy. Love the cheery bright colours. You did a great job CASEing. The woodgrain paper adds wonderful texture. I can’t wait to see the Magicals IRL. Love sparkly products, so I’m sure I’m going to love it. Love your card.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so honored, that I inspired you to this beauty! Those pink flowers look fabulous against the wood grain background! I sometimes also use Press'n seal - quite handy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the tips Nancy and what did we do before the MIsti? Such a striking card, love the colours against the stark white. Such a wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those layered blooms and beautiful colors Nancy! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really make me want to give cling wrap a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, I'm completely enamoured with your casing of Cornelia's card! The blooms, the woodgrain, the cling wrap background...completely stunning! So thrilled to you in the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge gallery!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful combination of elements ... love the woodgrain texture ... so glad you joined our CAS Challenge at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy