Monday, January 22, 2018

Cling Wrap Get Well!

Another Cling Wrap card using a background from my stash.
I am loving this technique and adding to CAS Mix Up Cling Wrap Challenge.
Challenge Ends on the 24th.

Here is my Get Well card for a special friend recovering from surgery.

Cling Wrap + Stamping + Die Cuts and Stenciling.

I used Brushos: Turquoise and Bisters: Blue Black pigment powders for the cling wrap background, which I chose from my cling wrap stash:-)

My Cling Wrap Technique!
I spritzed my Strathmore Bristol paper with water then sprinkled Brushos onto paper and spritzed again liberally with water, 
tipping the paper to get the wet ink to run and blend.

Then placed a Cling Wrap piece (larger than paper) over the wet Brushos and
scrunched the wrap, which moves the inks and adds lines.  Tucked excess wrap under piece and set aside to dry.  Be patient..can take several hours or overnight to dry.

Back to my card:-)
 I die cut my cling wrap background birds using CUTplorations "For the Birds" Die and attached to my Strathmore Bristol card front.  

Then placed my T.H. "Stripes" Stencil over the birds 
and used my Clarity Brush to swipe SU Lost Lagoon ink thru the stencil.
It gave a nice soft background for the pretty cling wrap birds.

I placed card front in my MISTI and stamped the cute STAMPlorations Birds of  Paradise sentiment
designed by Shirley of The Bee's Knees:-)

  I Love these pretty artsy birds:-) I think my friend will too. 

Enjoy and Hugs.

Challenges:
STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes



STAMPlorations CAS January Challenge: Anything CAS..no twist.






Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Birds of Paradise sentiment.
Paper: Strathmore Bristol, SU Thick Whisper White..card base.
Inks: Brushos: Turquoise.  Bisters: Blue Black.  Archival Jet Black. SU Lost Lagoon.
Accessories: CUTplorations "For the Birds" Die.T. H. Stripes Stencil.  Clarity Stencil Brush.  MISTI. Saran Wrap. SU Spritzer and Fine Tip Glue Pen.


19 comments:

  1. I just happened to be sitting here when your post popped into my email. I have to say I love how those birds look cut from the cling wrap background. Colors are beautiful and coordinate perfectly with the stenciled background. Love the sentiment with it, too. Such a great CAS card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used the unique technique on those die cut birds. Great colours of Brusho's. The stencilled background sets off those fabulous birds perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the cling wrap technique on those birds Nancy, and I love the soft stencilled background, perfect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of that die cut using your cling wrap technique. Your stenciling in the background is so perfect for this- adding color but not distracting from your focal. This is such a fabulous get well card, Nancy. I'm sure your friend will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pretty birds and the soft stripes, Nancy! A perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those gorgeous birds! The cling wrap piece turned out so well. Also love the soft blue stripes behind them - they add so much interest while still leaving the card very CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty Nancy, the birds are just the perfect size to show off that wonderful cling wrap background:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I LOVE this card, Nancy! The Turquois & Blue Black gracefully show their best from the lightest to the darkest. The bird die-cut is perfect for showcasing your AWESOME cling wrap background! And what makes the card look so special is the beautifully stenciled strip background - the color (Lost Lagoon) and the stenciled portion/area are just perfect! Your friend will sure love this card! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful and very artsy, Nancy!! Love your design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The die cut birds look awesome in this technique

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning card. I love your background and the birds in the front. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of the stenciling behind your pretty birds Nancy! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore this card Nancy... It's in my lounge and it just glows!!! Thank you so much for sending this beauty to me and for your friendship... I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so pleased Ros that you enjoyed your get well card and that you are on the mend without your horrible pain. What a blessing my friend. Take care...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy, I've yet to give this technique a go... you make it sound easier than it is, I'm sure of it! LOve your bird, and lovely background using those fabulous brushes ... he's ready to spread his wings!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card Nancy. I love the bird. Thanks so much for joining in with our theme and sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty - especially with the subtle stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're creating magic with the cling wrap technique! The turquoise/blue combination is so striking; perfect for your birds! Subtle stenciling adds to the effect! Another delight in the STAMPlorations gallery; thank you!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. Your birds a re lovely, and they look great with the stenciled striped background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy