Saturday, May 15, 2021

CAS Mix Up May Stencil Rainbow Ink Blending Reminder

Challenge hosted by our very talented Susan.
Be sure and check out the beautiful Rainbow colored CAS cards by our talented Design Team and Guest Designer.  You will definitely be inspired!



Using Stencil, Distress Oxide Inks, i-Crafters i-Brushes and Die Cuts.

Die Cut SU Whisper White 100# cardstock with Memory Box Stitched Circle Die then attached my ARTplorations Bloomdala Bliss #5 Stencil over circle using 3M masking tape.  Then the fun began.  

Used Seven of my Ten i-Crafter i-Blending Brushes to blend the Distress Oxide inks.  I Love how the finger dauber brushes are colored so I know immediately,  which brush to use for the different color families.

I started with Candied Apple and went in this order carefully blending the DOX's around the circle image.  DOX: Candied Apple, Spiced marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick.

Removed the stencil and LOVED the results😊

Next Die cut a larger stitched circle using SU Tangerine Tango cardstock and glued rainbow image onto colored cardstock.  
Placed SU 100# card base in MISTI and stamped the STAMPlorations Life in Full Color stamp set sentiment using Archival Jet Black ink.

Popped up circle image with craft foam and attached to card base and Done!
I was very pleased with the CAS design and colorful stenciled Rainbow colors.

Hope you get to join us this month at CAS Mix Up Stencil Rainbow Blending.
Thank you Susan for a fun and colorful challenge.
This was my 1st try at stencil rainbow coloring and I loved how both my cards turned out.  I will be using the technique in the future I am sure😀

Love and Hugs....


Supplies:
Stamps: ARTplorations Life in Full Color.
Paper: SU Whisper White 100# and Tangerine Tango CS.
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Spiced marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick.  Archival Jet Black Ink.
Accessories: ARTplorations Bloomdala Bliss #5 Stencil.  Memory Box Stitched Circle Dies.  3M masking tape, Gina K Connect Glue. White Craft Foam. MISTI.


18 comments:

  1. You should be pleased with it, it is gorgeous. I love your design and that wonderful blending, great quote too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be pleased with this Nancy! It's so pretty and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love this bright rainbow inking, Nancy! The stencil is perfect for the gorgeous colors! Love the sentiment too! Awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this cool stencil with the rainbow colors! The oxide inks have a soft look and perfectly applied with your finger brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ink blending Nancy so pretty in the rainbow colours. those little blending daubers look perfect for small areas and love the fact they are colour coded :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to use the rainbow colours, Nancy. And I love that quote by Degas - it's one I've never come across before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sentiment! This is just lovely and overlapping the colors made a beautiful rainbow. Such a pretty design and bright circle for the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, and Mr. Degas, have made me imagine looking through a gorgeous Kaleidoscope today, Nancy - one of my favorite things, you should know! If I were a millionaire, I'd have an entire collection of the biggest ones!
    Nancy, your card is so beautiful - you'll excuse me while I have another look? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee,hee..I had another look...it does look like a Kaleidoscope:-) I had a couple when I was a kid..hmmmm..is that the kid in you, my friend? TFS you kind comment, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. I had to look up those brushes Nancy and they look fantastic - love the way they stack! Your rainbow inking into the stencil is stunning! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for small areas and openings and framing. I still use my makeup brushes for larger areas of blending. I love how they are color coded and how they stack. A girl can not have too many crafting tools, right? TFS your comment too. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  10. Beautiful blending of your rainbow colours Nancy! This is such a bright, fun and pretty card! LOVE the sentiment --- perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty floral mandala, Nancy! Your rainbow ink blending is so smooth and beautiful. The orange circle matte makes the card look so happy and cheerful. The choice of sentiment is perfect. I noticed that the name of the stamp set was Life in Full Colors! Thanks for your inspiration, my dear friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hideko...My i-Crafter i-Brushes sure made the blending easier for the small openings. Life in Full Color is one of my favorite STAMPloration sets:-) I have loved this challenge by Susan:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  12. Beautiful stenciling and beautiful card... I love that sentiment, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous blending and what an amazing rainbow coloured card Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work Nancy and the perfect blend of rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for the late visit, we've been off again in the van!
    Your rainbow ink blending looks amazing, the little mandala looks so pretty. Love the words too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy