Saturday, May 22, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge Foliage and Berries

Joining in the May CAS Christmas Card Challenge using Foliage and Berries.  My friend Christine is hosting this fun and festive Christmas Challenge😊 Robyn is the Guest Designer.  Be sure and check out all the Gorgeous CAS Christmas Card designs by the talented DT and GD.


Rules

Here is my Foliage and Berries card😀

I have been seeing more Clean and Simple backgrounds using colored cardstock and really liked the effect,  so tried my card design using SU Real Red card that I die cut with Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle Die.  Loved how it made the main image pop!

I have been enjoying working on my watercoloring techniques recently with different products.  
I stamped the Penny Black "Cheerful Christmas" image with Versafine black ink onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper using MISTI.  Then heat embossed with SU Clear Embossing Powder.  

Next watercolored the beautiful bird and holly image with Zig markers and aqua painter.  Adding layers of color until I was happy with the results.  Popped up image with white foam and attached to die cut red cardstock.

When dry I die cut with Memory Box Stitched Circle Die.  Then stamped STAMPlorations "Christmas Joy" sentiment with Archival Jet Black ink onto  SU Basic White cardstock and die cut with MB Hemstitch Die and attached to red cardstock.  Attached to A2 SU Basic White 100# cardbase, which left a narrow white frame,  which I liked.  I really like the colored "white" CAS design:-)  How about you?

I am so pleased to be able to add another Christmas card to my stash.
You still have until the 24th to play along.  Love and Hugs..


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black "Cheerful Christmas".  STAMPlorations "Christmas Joy".
Paper: SU Basic White 100#.  SU Real Red.  Strathmore Mixed Media.
Inks: Versafine Black.  Zigs Watercolor Markers. Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: Spellbinder Hemstitch Rectangle Dies.  Memory Box Stitched Circle Die.  White Craft Foam. Aqua Painter.  MISTI.


I am adding my card to Penny Black Saturday Challenge ATG or optional Clean & Simple.



19 comments:

  1. Hello
    Stunning card ...love the Robin ....
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red is definitely a standout, Nancy. Beautiful watercoloring. Great image, too,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image of the bird and holly - beautifully coloured. Wonderful use of the red cs for the background panel - and it looks terrific with the hemstitch die cut and the white showing through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that image Nancy and a perfect way to frame it using the red background. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy I'm loving that there's been a bit of color accepted to CAS design! What's Christmas without red? I adore your red panel, and seeing my favorite hemstitching surrounding this sweetest little bird just makes my heart happy! Wonderful holly and berries, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love this pretty bird, Nancy, and the red background does make it pop! I love how the white shows through the dotted frame too! Another beautiful Christmas card for your stash, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Nancy. Love the way you colored your bird and the lovely frames you chose. I have always had a hard time using a colored card base but sure like the way this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that red for the card panel. The white showing through looks great and the watercoloring is beautiful. The white circle pops against the red. I almost always reach for white c/s for the panel and you have inspired me to start using colored c/s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely GORGEOUS card Nancy!! I love, LOVE your red "white" space...it really does make your beautifully colored image pop, and the hemstitch die cut framing around the edges is the perfect finishing touch! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, my friend. I LOVE the watercolouring of the bird and branch. The zigs give such beautiful, bold colour. The image looks amazing on the red background and the hemstitch border is just perfect. Great work, my sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bird and the branch circle panel is so lovely against the gorgeous red "white space", Nancy! Your zig watercoloring is so beautiful with all those color shades. Love the duo hemstitch panel design and the white peeking through the tiny squares. It's so happy to see your card in the CAS Christmas gallery. Thank you for sharing, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty little bird in the holly! I love your simple border and the red background. White space doesn't have to be white, and yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Nancy and I love the image. I never use my zigs...Spent all that money for nothing. Loving the red frame BTW... have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never too late, my friend:-) I remember when I got my MISTI I rarely used it and then discovered I can NOT make a card without using it!!! My Zigs are my go to watercolors. I often use with aqua painters or wet on wet technique and always with watercolor paper or mixed media paper. I love the control and flow of the brushes. I also like best to heat emboss my images and then watercolor. Of course, your specialty is hand painting...you are a true artist, my friend. Isn't it fun sharing?!? Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous watercoloured robin and I love that hemstitch die xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet water colored image Nancy - so pretty in the circle die cut and layered over the bright red! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the red cardstock, which shows off the robin and foliage to perfection. One glorious card Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bird and foliage are beautifully coloured and I love that you've cropped it in a circle. The red card looks amazing with it's stunning border! Thanks for sharing at PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - love that festive red!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy