Monday, March 20, 2017

CAS Watercolour March Spring Thanks

My 3rd card for this months CAS Watercolour "Spring" Card Challenge.


I had fun using Penny Black "The Unfolding" stamping with Distress Inks and stamping off the edge. I used the same watercolouring stamping technique as my CAS Watercolour Spring Reminder Card. except used Distress Inks instead of Brushos.


I positioned my 3 1/4" square piece of Arches Hot Press paper in my MISTI and then positioned my Unfolding stamp with parts of the stamp off the paper.  Opened my MISTI and inked my flowers with Brilliant Red (Tim Holtz) Distress Ink and spritzed with water then stamped onto the paper.  I moved the ink around with a paint brush.  Stamping the flowers again with the leftover ink on the stamp.  I then cleaned the stamp with a baby wipe and added Leaf Green (Tim Holtz) Distress Ink to the leaves, spritzed and stamped.  Repeating the stamping again.  Next I repeated the same process using Color Burst Sepia that I reconstituted with water on my craft mat to paint the stems.  I used my paint brush to add the Sepia to the center of my flower.  I really recommend stamping one color at a time and let dry between colors.

I wanted a frame that went well with my stem,  but did not have the right color of cardstock...so I watercoloured the sepia using a paint brush along the edge of another layer of Whisper White CS and sanded lightly to give a wood appearance.

Next I stamped my Penny Black "Heartfelt Thanks" sentiment with Archival jet black ink and used 3M foam tape to pop up my main image onto my SU Whisper White Thick Card Base.

Now thinking even more about Spring :-)  Hope you are having Spring like weather and for those with snow...hopefully it melts very quickly.  You still have until March 24th to play along with our CAS Watercolour Spring Challenge.  There are so many beautiful samples from the DT, our GD and the growing Gallery.  Happy Stamping..Hugs..


Supplies: Listed in Description.




21 comments:

  1. Another stunner- You are so inspirational with the step by steps and I really appreciate them x Gorgeous colour choice's and the wood painted frame is perfect x Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you do an outstanding job of this! This is absolutely beautiful and looks hand painted. Love the creative frame you used too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Nancy! You have certainly mastered this technique! I love how you've done the frame to match the painting! Awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty using this technique, Nancy!! Love the mix of colours. The sepia frame is just perfect ... LOVE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, pretty! By watercoloring the frame you've got it so perfectly coordinated. I love the sanded look, too. Been seeing lots of magnolias and tulip trees in bloom. I want some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the beautiful magnolias in full bloom too. Some of our flowering cherries are blooming plus our trilliums, violets, pulminaria and more, but sun would be so nice. At least we are now retired and can take advantage of the sun when it does shine :-) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so gorgeous, and your watercolor work is excellent. Love the colors you chose for this beautiful stamp. And wasn't the Misti a big help when you had to do the leaves after cleaning off the first color? Great work on such a lovely card...pretty image too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolour stamping with your Distress inks! Love the rustic frame you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have nailed this technique, Love the colours and that awesome frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is pretty ... Looks like you just whipped out your paintbrush and conjured this up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't wonderful how Penny Black makes us look like artists ?!?

      Delete
  11. So pretty, Nancy! And I think you ARE an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi from Australia Nancy, thanks for your lovely comment. I think your card is just gorgeous and I am now following you as I am sure I can learn a lot from you. I have just ordered this stamp..you have done it justice...hugs... ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased for the follow aNNie :-) You will love this stamp. Hugs..

      Delete
  13. Lovely stamping, Nancy. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the technique, you've inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fun you had spritzing water, using a brush and layering color ended up creating a Chinese Brush Painting effect--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful inking on your flower Nancy - thanks for sharing your process! Your card is just lovely! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree..beautiful inking and color..lovely card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy this card is totally stunning. Love the detail for executing this beauty. Truly a piece of ART.
    Your colour choices make this card exception, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy