Thursday, March 2, 2017

CAS Watercolour March Spring Challenge

February flew by and it is now March and we are all thinking of Spring!  Our challenge is perfect for getting you in the mood for early Spring beauties!   Here is the link to our CAS Watercolour Spring Challenge.


I chose pretty Spring colors and a beautiful butterfly for my Spring card.


I made my background with a stencil I die cut using my SSS "Birch Column" Die and SU Whisper White Thick CS.  I tried using window sheet, but it was too thick for the intricate cuts.  The CS will not last as long,  but it worked fine.   Here is a card I made in January 2017 using the beautiful Die Cut "Birch Column".

I taped down the paper stencil onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper and used sponge daubers to sponge my Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade.  Then I spritzed with a home made spray using water and Kuretake Shimmery White Paint.  Such a pretty shimmery coating.

Next I die cut the piece using the medium size CUTplorations "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Die"

I stamped my butterfly from my STAMPlorations "Trendy Butterfly 2" set using DI Spiced Marmalade and my MISTI.  Fussy cut my butterfly and spritzed with the same shimmery spray.

My next step was stamping my sentiment from the "Trendy Butterfly 2" set using Versamark onto SU Basic Black CS in my MISTI and sprinkling with WOW Bright White EB powder and heat setting.  I then fussy cut.

I attached my main image with 3M foam tape,  added my butterfly with dimensionals and attached my sentiments.  I am now definitely in the mood for Spring!

If you want much more inspiration,  please visit our CAS Watercolour Spring Challenge. You will love all the gorgeous cards from our talented Design Team and this months fabulous Guest Designer Heather (Bit & Pieces)

You have until March 24th to join the Spring fun.  Hugs...


Supplies: Listed above in my description.


16 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous - I love these beautiful Spring colors! That is a cool technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft blue, green, and yellow you used with the stencil - a lovely watercolour look from the spritzing! And the pop of colour from the butterfly. A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There a softness to your sponged background that is so pretty and delicate, Nancy. The orange fussy-cut Butterfly and black sentiment add pops of colour. Fantastic design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Loll--I like the softness of the background.It is a nice counterpoint to the POP of the orange butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so bright and springy, Nancy! Love the softly stenciled background with the bright butterfly! A great reminder that spring is not far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great us of teh die cut as a stencil. Loving the orange butterfly against the artsy background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take on the theme, Nancy! I love your stenciling, and the pattern on your butterfly is so pretty! I can't wait to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a happy-looking butterfly! I do love the watercolor effect....guess I should be thinking about what I'm going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way your scene draws the eye through to the colours behind the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the soft tones of the background with the pop of the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card Nancy...you girls are being a bad influence on me, I have that die on my wish list.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great background, amazing aesthetic experience! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration
    Hugs,
    Bożena from the country of Fools

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, look what you did with your die! It looks awesome! I still have my die cuts sitting out for Christmas cards. Just have to figure what to put with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to share again Leslie...we have so much fun. Hugs...

      Delete
  14. I am soooo behind with visiting and commenting, Nancy! Just popping in to say I love the bright summery colours on your card. Hoping to catch up with visiting soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate any comments from you my friend. I do not know how you have time to comment at all. I just got my Clarity Stencil Brushes...wow, they are so cool. Can't wait to use this stencil again with the brushes :-) Hugs..and thanks again Shirley.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy