Wednesday, March 15, 2017

CAS Mix Up March Smooshing Reminder

Already the middle of March and Spring is bursting with blooms.  Time for the CAS Mix Up Smooshing Reminder and we are still Celebrating CAS Mix UP's 1st Birthday with...

Prizes
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for this month's Top Pick
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)



We have been so pleased to see so many of our followers celebrating along with us with their beautiful and creative cards and birthday wishes...thank you so much dear friends!

Here is my card Using Stamping + Smooshing with DI's + Die Cuts and Fussy Cutting.


I reached into my box of Smooshed backgrounds for this beauty!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves.  I used Loll's Smooshing Inks Technique to achieve this beautiful background.  I love how you never know how your pieces are going to turn out. Always an Artsy Surprise!

I used my MISTI to stamp my STAMPlorations "Trendy Butterflies" sentiment and figuring out where to place my butterfly that I had inked with Zigs and then stamped and fussy cut.  I decided to cut down my piece so there would be more white framing for a CAS design using my medium CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die.

I used my stylus to shape my butterfly and attach with foam tape.  Then drew a flight trail with my Staedler black marker.  After attaching my main image with foam tape I added the sequins and Wof S to my butterfly.  I really like the results and do love the smooshed background.  Hope you do too!

You still have until March 24th to join our special birthday celebration.  For more fabulous samples from our DT and GD..Marcia,  please visit our CAS Mix Up Reminder Blog.

Happy Stamping and Happy Springtime.  Hugs...

Supplies: Listed in Description

Adding my card to STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge


Inkspirational Challenge: Smooshing


STAMPlorations  Blog March: Theme: Stamps and Spring




     

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful smooshed background for your lovely butterfly Nancy! Great mix of colors and bold sentiment! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colours of your smooshed background ... you know I LOVE pink!! And so pretty paired with purple and red. Your butterfly just pops off the colour and ties everything together. Beautiful card, my sweet friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one dreamy smooshing for that fluttering PAPILLON (butterfly). Great colour combo!
    Beautiful card Nancy, warm hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is SOOOO pretty Nancy! I just love the pink, red, and purple smooshed together and your butterfly is just lovely too! FABULOUS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous smooshed background. This technique is really such an eye catcher . Fun idea to link up the very pretty butterfly with the sentiment x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty smooshed background, Nancy! Love these colors and that butterfly! The wide white border accentuates the pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the colours in your smooshed background Nancy! Such a pretty card! Have a great day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so beautiful Nancy. I love that background and all that white space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fun to just sit and make backgrounds sometimes. You must have a lot of pretties in that box to choose from! Such a nice blend of colors, and the butterfly picks up the purple in it. Might be able to get outside today -- yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spent 2 1/2 hours outside weeding, getting pots ready to plant and much more. Denny finished all his pruning in the front yard and got the apple trees sprayed :-) Wonderful to have a productive day outside in the sun. Even wore my Summer Gardening hat :-) Amazing how energetic we can feel getting some sun and fresh air :-) Hugs..

      Delete
  10. As everyone else has commented, beautiful smooshed background. It is from you that I have learned to save things that didn't turn out the way I wanted because it is amazing how you can use a chunk of it to make something else and it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Judy...scraps can be treasures. Don't we have fun?!? Hugs..

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful blend of colours, Nancy!! I must remember that combination of Distress Inks when I want to get away from my habitual use of blues! Love the simple sentiment "dream" - the butterfly and the sequins really add a dreamy look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic card! Your smooshing looks great and I like how you added the pink panel to white which lends to a clean look. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so much fun to pull out an old background and give it's show time. love the card and love the background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun and makes a card so easy. I LOVE all the backgrounds you have been making too Christine. Hugs..

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous colours, beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card. Love the flower, colors, butterfly, sentiment and the design... I love EVERYTHING on your card :)
    Thank you for playing along with STAMPlorations March Theme & Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy