Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CAS Mix Up March Smooshing Challenge

You are going to be So Inspired by the DT and our GD for this month's CAS Mix Up Stamping + Smooshing + Your Choice Challenge


AND...There is MORE!!!


Prizes
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)


Here is my card Celebrating Loll and Bonnie's 1st CAS Mix UP Birthday..Congratulations Girls!

Stamping + Smooshing with Zigs + Die Cuts, Gelli Plate Acrylic Scrap

Susan and I joined the CAS Mix Up Challenge as DT Members in May and now there are 6 Design Team Girls and a Guest Designer each month having so much creative fun.  Marcia (Marcia's Stampin' Pad) is our very talented Guest this month.

I went thru my box of smooshing samples and found a favorite piece I made several months ago.  I scribbled my Zig Markers watercolor inks onto my Craft Mat and spritzed with water.  I then used Loll's Smooshing Inks Technique.. except I used Zigs.   After dry I die cut with my Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Die.

I then went thru my box of Gelli Plate prints and chose one that had a lot of green and a little blue acrylic paint.  I die cut my Penny Black "Joyful" flower image.  I love how the flower and stem are separate,  so you can move them to different areas to die cut.  Next I die cut my CUTplorations "Birthday Word" Die with the same Gelli Plate piece.  There is a lot of texture on the background, flower, Birthday and Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper.

Next I die cut a card front using the same W/C paper and my CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die.  I used my MISTI to stamp my SU Happy stamp from "Curly Cute" several times for good coverage using Archival Black ink.

I attached my flower and my birthday with SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.  Using an acrylic block to weight each down until dry.  I then popped up the main image with 3M foam tape.  The last step...adding dots with my Staedler pen to balance the happy and Birthday.

You have until March 24th to play along.  Happy CAS Mix Up Birthday again my friends. You have inspired and made all of your friends and fans very happy this past year :-)  A Big Hug...


Supplies: Listed above in my Description.

18 comments:

  1. LOVE all teh gorgeous smooshed and gelli print pieces you've used for this card, Nancy. Beautiful design, my friend! Thank you for all you do at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card you created using bits from your boxes Nancy! Love the colors of your 'smooshed' pieces! I've really got to get out my gelli plate and learn how to use it! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blues and greens, Nancy! The colors on your pretty flower are gorgeous as is that wonderful birthday die! We're so glad you are on our team, my friend. You continue to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful smooshed watercoloring and gelli printing, genius! ..that green word die is the perfect compliment too! Beautiful card dear Nancy, so happy to be a part of this special team, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the simplicity of the font looks amazing with the smooshed background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and in my favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous colours and love the layout. Great techniques x

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS card Nancy! Love your smooshed background (2 of my favorite colors together!!) and that flower is just beautiful! Think I NEED to check out that die!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's so pretty, Nancy! Love the big, bold scripty sentiment and the fresh colors with the flower sweeping across. Nice way to put together all those spare backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to use up some of your UFOs, Nancy!! Love the colour combination - especially the way there is still some white left on your background piece (I think I "over-smooshed" my piece!). Hasn't it been fun being on CAS Mix Up with everyone else!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have so much fun, Susan and continue to learn and be inspired by each other...Love that! Hugs..

      Delete
  11. Couldn't ask for anything better: one of my favorite color combos, a fabulous die cut sentiment that is unique, and faux stitching! Love the way this came together. Great card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have channeled your inner Loll with this beautiful card, Nancy! Every element is excellent!! I can't believe it's been a year already since the challenge started! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darnell. Sure hope you get a chance to play with us this month. who can miss a birthday party? Hugs..

      Delete
  13. This is a very nice combination of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. I don't know what a Gelli Plate is but it made a lovely card. I do like the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Nancy! The flower looks so pretty on the smooshy panel. I've actually managed to play along this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you were able to celebrate our 1st birthday with your really fun perodactyl card. Hugs...

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy