Wednesday, March 8, 2017

CAS Mix Up March Smooshing and Birthday...again!


Smooshing has to be one of my all time favorite techniques!  I also love Birthdays and Prizes :-)



Be sure and check out the CAS Mix Up March Stamping + Smooshing + Your Choice Challenge for all the Challenge DT and GD Samples and the growing Gallery Samples.

Prizes
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)

Here is my 2nd card for the challenge.  Stamping + Smooshing + Die Cut and Watercoloring


I recently purged and did a bit of reorganizing in my stamping room and rediscovered these sweet little Art Impressions unmounted rubber stamps: "Flower Pot" and "Flower Set".

I started out by Smooshing my background using an ATC size piece of acrylic sheet (from a stamp set).  I smeared Tim Holtz DI's onto the acrylic sheet..only doing one color and then spritzed with water and smooshed onto the Arches 140# Cold Press paper.  Let dry.  I used Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters and Ice Spruce and also Inka Gold Gold Metallic paint for my smooshing.

I then placed a scrap piece of Cold Press paper in my MISTI holding it down with my Creative Corners and stamped my pot using SU Soft Suede. I then watercolored my image using a #4 paint brush.  Added a small amount of water to my brush and spread the ink from the stamped image around.  Then I restamped again with Soft Suede to enhance the image details.  Removed the pot and fussy cut with my papersnips. Stamped another pot onto 3M wide masking tape and fussy cut for a mask.

I placed my card front in my MISTI securing with Creative Corners and placed the pot mask.  I did not use my MISTI to stamp my leaves and flowers,  but acrylic blocks.  My MISTI and Corners made a nice secure work area.  Then repeat stamped my leaf stamp in Pear Pizzaz and the flower stamp in Rich Razzleberry.  I removed my mask,  shaped the pot with my stylus and attached to my card front with foam tape.  Next I did wet on wet watercoloring using Ice Spruce to ground my pot.

Removed my card front from my MISTI and added Little Things "Decadence" sequins, Stamplorations  Fond Expressions sentiment and Die Cut my card front using Cutplorations "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die".   I am really happy with the results and loved using my new "My Sweet Petunia"  Creative Corners :-)

Splitcoaststampers is Reviewing this wonderful new product on this weeks "Weekly Inkling" and I was pleased to be asked to be one of the reviewers.   I have used my Corners on every card since receiving it last week.  I am hooked!  Be sure and check out the Creative Corners Product Review. You will be impressed.

Happy Stamping my friends and Happy Birthday CAS Mix UP:-)  You have until the 24th to play.

I am adding my card to the CAS Watercolour March "Spring" Challenge



31 comments:

  1. This card is quite elegant. I really like the colors you used, both for the flower and pot and for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, absolutely gorgeous Nancy! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really neat way to create a background for your AI stamps. I have the same pot and flowers and ought to get it out and try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your creative background with the smooshing technique. Such a pretty pot of flowers and haven't managed to get the corners as yet but they are on my list...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get your corners you will say the same thing as when you got your MISTI...how did we ever get along without the Creative Corners :-) Be sure and check out the videos from My Sweet Petunia. The link for the reviews, etc is above at the end of my description. Enjoy and thanks for your comment my friend. Hugs

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancy...Thank you so much for the link. I have just enjoyed watching the three of them and yes you are right......I 'Need' the corners. What a clever idea. I will research and track them down x Thanks again Nancy, so very kind and helpful x

      Delete
  5. WOW, Nancy! You outdid yourself with this one! I love the effect of that technique and it appears to be an impeccable watercoloring. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bit of smooshing behind the beautifully paintted pot and flowers! I am reminded that I have some of these stamps in my NBUS box and need to get them out! Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the acetate smooshing in the background, Nancy. It sort of looks like aged bricks to me ... perfect with your rustic pot and beautiful flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Loll...I did think about doing something with an aged wood fence :-) Hmmm, you have me inspired again my friend!

      Delete
  8. I thought you'd stencilled a bit of brick background until I read your description - I guess it was just luck that some of the smooshing turned out that way - love it!! And the pot of flowers is fabulous - so glad you didn't get rid of those stamps. I just ordered the MISTI corners - they really sound worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the surprises you get with smooshing:-) You will love the corners Susan. They make using your MISTI even better! Hugs

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous, Nancy. I don't think I have ever tried the smooshing technique. I will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Nancy and what fabulous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks wonderful Nancy...the smooshing is the perfect backdrop for that wonderful image...
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, you are a genius and thank you for the in depth explanation of how this beauty was created. I want to try this. Simply gorgeous! (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a classy card, Nancy! (I just realized that I don't really have a third technique on my card, other than layering with a complementary color! Maybe I should try another one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you caught that Evelyn. Just add an extra embellishment...maybe a die cut or punched, etc addition if you still have the card and replace your photo. That would work :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  14. Wow! Great discovery, Nancy! Sooooo pretty! I always saw these stamps at Memories, but never bought any. Love how this looks, especially with your smooshing. I really need to smoosh more. Cool that you got to do a product review. It gives a nice, finished look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had forgotten about this little stamps until I was cleaning out my room. So glad I found them and tried them with a trendy technique :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  15. I love this colour scheme, it is fresh and rustic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I may have that set somewhere! I forgot all about it and don't know exactly where I put it. Thanks for the reminder. Your card is terrific. The smooshing is a beautiful background and the flowers are lovely. I've seen those corners on a few blogs but now I will go watch the video and see what it's all about. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT smooshing for that beautifully painted pot of flowers. Perfect tones too.
    Love that you popped it up, smartly done! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful beyond Nancy, I love your image too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very artsy look Nancy! LOVE it! Isn't it fun when you 'come across' supplies you forgot you had and are able to use them to create something beautiful like this! Have a great week my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you made one of those without the sediment, Nancy, so you can frame it for your wall! What a beautiful work of art you have created here! I'm in awe!! Thank you also for the info on the Creative Corners, which I have not heard about and now must have if I can find them! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome smooshing - the perfect background for your beautiful little flower pot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh... your watercoloring is just dreamy! I am in love with how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great use of watercolor to make this soft, pretty image.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is another favorite of mine with the soft colors, smooshing, coloring, well, just the whole thing!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the reminder about "smooching a background." It looks terrific with this image you have created. How could I have missed the sale on Creative Corners! Darn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy