Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Dry Embossed Gilding Flakes Technique by GO7 Cardmakers

Dry Embossed Gilding Flakes Technique by Group of Seven Cardmakers.


Video Supplies:
  • Card stock
  • Double-sided sticky sheets
  • Gilding Flakes
  • Burnishing tool (Rub-it Scrub it from Ranger works really well)
  • Embossing Folder
  • Embossing machine
  • Permanent Ink (Staz-on, Archival, etc.)

Technique Instructions:

Following the video above ...
  • Cut card stock to size
  • Add double-sided sticky sheet to card stock
  • Remove cover sheet and place gilding flakes over top
  • Burnish gilding flakes with fingers or burnishing tool
  • Place gilding flake panel in embossing folder and run through embossing machine
  • Remove panel from embossing folder and lightly swipe overtop with permanent ink to colour the highlighted design
*****************************
Here is correct Video Link to Embossed Gilding Flakes by Technique Junkies.
Note:  I used double stick tape instead of double-sided sticky sheet.
I used my finger to burnish and Archival Jet Black Ink to lightly swipe over top
of dry embossed trees and had NO stickiness:-)

Also to prevent gilding flakes from flying all over I placed cut card stock in a plastic
rectangular container.  The video was very helpful!

My shiny gold gilded flakes dry embossed Christmas Card!
Loved the Results:-)




My Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Jolly Snippets sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White for cut card stock and cardbase and Black Mirror
Card by Tonic for framing.
Ink: Archival Jet Black for sentiment and lightly covered dry embossed trees.
Accessories: MB stitched rectangle die.  Sizzix #3D "Christmas Tree Pattern"
which I used for the 1st time! 
Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes. 3M Scotch Double Stick Tape.
Craft Foam to pop up framed main image.

Very easy technique using few supplies that created beautiful results:-)
I will be using the technique again...soon!

Thank you Susan for a wonderful technique.  I plan to use more Gilding Flakes using
more of the techniques shown in the very helpful video:-)

Love and Hugs

******************************

Peace on Earth Challenge #37 Anything Goes












23 comments:

  1. What incredible results you achieved with this technique and beautifully framed too. I really need to beef up my embossing folder stash since I have so few. I love how this turned out. It's SO unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy...I loved the results and it was so easy:-) I want to try a different technique using gilding flakes that was in the video:-) Hope all is going well with you. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  2. Nancy, I'm so glad you decided to try the technique. You got great results. Love the colours of the gilding flakes you used and the wonderful framing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. BTW...I added the color Gold Nuvo Gilding Flakes to my description. I only have Gold, but it is my favorite, especially for Christmas cards:-) I have another technique I want to try from the video, which was very helpful. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card made with the dry embossed gilding flakes technique, Nancy! Love the beautiful shine of the flakes with the embossed Christmas trees accented with the black ink.The frame made of black mirror cardstock is awesome too! Thanks for sharing the useful tips of black ink and the use of a plastic container. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hideko. Such a fun technique. I loved the Gold Gilding Flakes:-) I hope you get to play too. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. This is a great technique and it looks so shiny and festive!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!! What amazing results ..... the detail looks fab, and just look at all that shimmer and shine. I love how you've framed that gorgeous panel too, the black looks so striking.
    I haven't played with gilding flakes for a while, maybe I should get them out again! Thank you for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got wonderful results and this card is stunning. The simple greeting lets the embossing folder and gilding flakes really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Nancy, your gorgeous framed card looks like it should be hung on a wall or set on a shelf every year as a Christmas decoration! You had great results with this technique. I'm trying to spend more time upright today. My head and chest... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie. I will be sure to share with you so you can see my card IRL...after you get over your crummy cold:-( Take care...Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  8. This is stunning and I bet it looks even better in real life. I love that black frame too. I am definitely going to have to get my folder out and CASE this one Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your version, Hilary. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. Awesome results using this technique, Nancy! I love the little Christmas trees and the amount of black is perfect with all that shiny gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you tried the technique, awesome results with such a pretty embossing folder ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really rocked this technique, Nancy! I love your results and how you made your beautiful card even more elegant with that frame! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS and for playing and linking in the Go7 gallery! Happy Easter! Love, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolly for your sweet comment. After seeing all the amazing cards by the GO7 girls I knew I had to play along. What was really wonderful was reading all your descriptions and finding out what worked and what did not for your techniques:-) A real plus for me and your followers!!! I just finished 2 different gilding flakes backgrounds tonight that are going to be fun to finish into cards in the near future:-) You girls are such an inspiration and such wonderful sharing friends. Love and miss you my dear friend and Happy Easter to you, Kevin and all your family too. Nancy

      Delete
  12. OH WOW this is absolutely GORGEOUS! What an awesome technique and you did it perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

    PS ... Thanks for also playing along with us at our Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge ... awesome inspiration! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Darlene...I am loving all your challenges:-) Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Nancy. I LOVE the gold gilding flakes with the black from your archival ink over the raised bits. Looks fantastic with the black, shiny frame. Thanks for trying the technique and linking up to Group of Seven blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lolly for your sweet comment. I am sending you healing thoughts everyday, my dear friend:-) Take care...Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  15. beautiful work TFS over at Peace on Earth Christmas this time and hope you join in with future challenges Elaine DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love the tree embossing folder you used with this technique Nancy! So pretty with the black rubbed over the raised bits! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy