Monday, April 10, 2023

Gilding Flakes Marbled Designer Paper

Inspired by GO7 Cardmakers April 2023 Dry Embossed Gilding Flakes Technique.


I Did Not use the same technique as the GO7 Girls, but was very inspired to Search
for Gilding Flakes Techniques on You Tube:-)

 I Discovered
By Natasha Foote.

Natasha made her marbled background using Distress Oxide Inks and
Watercolor Paper.  I loved her background technique, but simplified my
background by using 
The Essential Craft Papers "Ink Drops-Ocean".
*****************************************************

Here is my Gilding Flakes on Marbled Paper Background Big Hugs Card!




I cut my marbled paper and added Connect Glue using Gina K. Designs
 "Fine Tip Bottle",  
which I LOVE for Dies and fine controlled applications:-)

Next I placed the background piece in a plastic food container to help control the 
fly away Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes:-)  Then add gilding flakes and burnished 
with fingers.  

Removed from container and burnished more with finger and used craft brush over 
the entire background to remove excess flakes.
Gorgeous Shiny Marbled background!!

Attached background using Connect Glue to SU Basic Black Cardstock.
Then stamped PB "Special Sentiment" using Versafine Jet Black ink in MISTI and
heat embossed with SU Clear EB Powder.

Next Fussy cut sentiment using SU Papersnips and popped up onto background
 using SU Mini Dimensionals.  
Attached background to SU Basic White Cardbase
and Done!!!  

Loved the results and so Happy to be inspired again by our GO7 Cardmaker Friends:-)
Thank you again,  dear very talented girlfriends:-)

Love and Hugs,

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black "Special Sentiments".
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS and Basic Black CS.  The Essential Craft Papers "Ink Drops-Ocean" craft paper.
Inks: Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes, Versafine Jet Black Ink. SU Clear EB Powder. Gina K Designs "Fine Tip Bottles" 3 in pkg. SU mini dimensionals, Plastic food container.


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Nancy and thank you so much for the link. It's hard to find DP with metallic gold running through it. LOVE that we can make our own thanks to your link to the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great technique, Nancy! It makes a beautiful background! Thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with us Nancy, such a gorgeous effect with the gilding flakes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Nancy. Another technique to add to my arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did this stunning card. This is a wonderful way to use gilding flakes and that paper you used is beautiful. I'm glad you tried this and shared what you made. I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda...you GO7 girls certainly have me inspired..Thank you...Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, I love how you've shown a quicker, easier way to do this marbled technique! The gilding flakes give the paper that extra touchable texture. What a fun play which turned into a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend...looking forward to our phone visit on Thursday:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  7. Great idea, Nancy. Gorgeous colours, beautiful use of the gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan...so quick and easy using the DP that already had the marbling:-) We finally had some sunshine this afternoon...makes me want to do Spring cleaning Gardening:-) I did have a nice walk. Even with all the rain this Spring our flowers are blooming and one of our cherry trees is blossoming beautifully:-) I do Love Springtime:-) I bet you are outside in your gardens as often as possible too:-) Love and Hugs dear friend...Nancy

      Delete
  8. This looks stunning Nancy, I do like this marbled effect. The colours of the paper look gorgeous against the gold of the gilding flakes, and can I just say, your fussy cutting is amazing ........ I thought it was die cut!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Denny thought my sentiment was die cut:-) Got to Love SU Papersnips! A fun technique...hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. Wonderful result, I love that effect. It looks brilliant, definitely worth the trauma of controlling the gilding flakes. thank you for the inspiration. Every month I have said I would try the technique and so far I have failed miserable. Where does all the time go? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary...No trauma, since I placed my cut background in a small plastic rectangular food container and used my finger to burnish the gilding flakes.
      The plastic container caught all the floating gilding flakes and then I added the excess flakes in the container to my Gilding Flakes container..Win, Win:-) I hope you get to try the cool gilding flakes technique blog, Hilary...So easy and fun:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  10. It's a long time since I used my Gilding Flakes Nancy (probably the CAS DT!) but this has made a super background and one that I will try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Nancy! The shine of the silver gilded flakes is so beautiful! Great use of "Ink Drop" patterned paper that has marble lines! Thanks for sharing a new technique, using gilded flakes! I'll check out the video. :-) I ordered a jar of gilding flakes today, so I hope to play with it soon!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I used Gold Gilding Flakes, but silver would be pretty too:-) I can't wait to see what you create, my friend:-) Love and Hugs and TFS your sweet comment.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy