Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Dry Embossed Gilding Flakes Christmas Tag

Playing in the Group of Seven Cardmakers Technique Blog Again😄


This "You Tube" Video shared by the GO7 girls was very helpful.

Here is my Snowflakes Tag Christmas Card...Enjoy!

I used a small scrap of SU Basic White 100# paper then added
 Scotch Double Stick Tape to the paper.

Then placed the scrap in a plastic container and carefully added pinches of the
Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes onto the cut cardstock in the container and
used my finger to burnish the flakes.  When completely covered I removed the
burnished piece and placed on my glass craft mat.

Then used a craft small brush to brush off the excess flakes into the container.
Then added the loose flakes from the container back into the Nuvo Jar.
No mess and/or flying Gilding Flakes everywhere😄

I then realized my piece was a good size for a Tag!
I die cut with CUTplorations "Stitched Tags Nesting Dies".

Then Dry Embossed my tag with Spellbinder 3D Embossing Folder 
"Flurry of Snowflakes".  My 1st time to use this wonderful folder.

Next I lightly added SSS White Pigment Ink directly to the raised dry EB snowflakes.  
The pigment ink was not drying so I added SU Clear EB Powder.  Then Very carefully heat EB with my heat tool.  Too much heat would have melted the gold gilding.
Whew...turned out!

Then Die cut the CUTplorations "Christmas Sentiments Dies" Merry sentiment
out of SU Red Glitter Paper and attached with Connect Glue using Fine Tip Bottle
and weighted down with large acrylic block.  

Added SU rhinestones and retired ribbon,
Next used the same 3D snowflakes folder for the dry embossed background.
Popped up the tag with craft foam and attached to the snowflakes background.
Then attached the layers to SU Basic White Cardbase
and Done😄

I was Very Happy with the results and also happy to add to my Christmas Stash!

Thank you GO7 girlfriends for all the inspiration...I am loving your technique💖

Love and Hugs..

Supplies:
Stamps: None
Paper: SU Basic White 100# and Red Glittery Paper.
Inks: SSS White Pigment Ink.
Accessories: Nuvo Gilding Flakes.  Spellbinders 3D "Flurry of Snowflakes" EB Folder. CUTplorations Christmas Sentiments Dies. SU Clear EB Powder, Rhinestones and ret ribbon. Craft Foam. Connect Glue. plastic container. 

*********************

NBUS #49 Challenge  My 1st time to use my new Spellbinders 3D EB Folder.


Peace on Earth Challenge #38 Anything Goes Christmas.


Can You Handle the Pressure? ATG without the Twist: Clouds.








13 comments:

  1. Nancy, this turned out beautifully!! Love the white heat embossing on the tops of the snowflakes. And great idea to have a dry embossed snowflake background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love how this turned out and it was a brilliant idea to use white pigment ink instead of black! You have inspired me to try this technique again using my snowflake folder, my friend. I need to get some more flakes now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous, I love gilding flakes and that is a new to me way to use them. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tag is gorgeous Nancy the gold is so shimmery ♥ Love that snowflake white embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty Christmas tag, and the card. Love how you embossed both the tag and the white background. Great one to add to your Christmas stash. Hugs, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn..Thank you for your sweet comment, my friend. I LOVED your Gorgeous card too...Wow!!! Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  6. This is amazing, Nancy! I love it with the white. What a gorgeous difference that made. A very special Christmas card for some lucky individual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous texture and sparkle on your tag, Nancy. That is such an amazing technique so thanks for the reminder. That tag makes me want to reach out and touch it. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Snowflakes Tag Christmas card, Nancy! I love this card, especially the gorgeous shine of the gilding flakes tag, the echoing snowflakes dry embossed background, and the white ink you used instead of black. Coating the white pigment ink by clear heat-embossing is a clever idea! The red glittery die-cut sentiment and the silver ribbon add festive feelings to the card. Great work, my friend!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet thoughtful comment, my friend:-) OMG...I just saw and commented on your Stunning Autumn Leaves Gilding Flakes Card..Love it! I ordered some double stick adhesive sheets that I will be getting soon. I really want to make more Christmas cards using the technique. I need to add to my stash! I did find the Autumn Leaves on Amazon. Would be beautiful for Fall cards and many other occasions. You have me inspired, Hideko:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. Oooh .... this turned out beautifully. I love all the shimmer and shine from those gilding flakes, they really make the snowflake pop. Nice touch of colour too from the sentiment. I really need to start thinking about Christmas cards ..... haven't made any yet!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is beautiful over the white embossed background Nancy! So pretty with the red die cut Merry over the gilded tag! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this tag card Nancy. The snowflakes look so pretty with the gilding flakes and I love the white highlights. Perfect with the red glitter Merry. Sorry I'm so late commenting ... getting caught up from when I was off my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy