Friday, July 15, 2022

CAS Mix Up (W) Things With Wings Reminder

Time for our CAS Mix Up Watercolor "Things with Wings" Challenge Reminder
post with wonderful CAS cards by our talented Design Team.
Beautiful and creative cards in our followers gallery too:-)

Thank you Linda for hosting this fun challenge:-)


I was inspired by my CAS Mix Up Teamie Bonnie's launch beauty!


Here is my Bird Hello card that I LOVE!!  Hope you do too:-)


Here is a photo of all the shine from the Gansai Tambi metallic Gem Watercolors:-)
It is like having 2 different watercolored cards:-)


I began by using Altenew "Bold Floral Drape" 3D EB Folder
to dry emboss the flowers on SU Basic White 100# CS.

I then trimmed the EB flowers and began using the retired SU 
Bird Builder Punch.  I punched out the branch, bird and wings 4 times and
stacked using Connect Glue.

Then the fun...using #2 paint brush to watercolor with the Gem Colors: 
Yellow Gold for center of flowers and top of bird head.
Green for branch,  Blue for breast and mixed Red, Yellow and Blue to
create a brown tone for the rest of the bird and wings.
Added eye with black marker.
Loved how my bird turned out.  A bit time consuming,  but well worth it!

Attached branch with Connect Glue. Then popped up bird with SU mini 
dimensionals and set aside.  Added SU Basic Black narrow frame.
Added bird and attached to SU Basic White 100# Card Base.

Added stamped Altenew "Label Love" Hello sentiment and glued onto image
and Done!  I was so pleased with my Thing with Wings card:-)
Taking the photos was the hardest part,  but I just had to share the shine:-)

You still have until the 24th to play along.

Love and Hugs..

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Label Love" sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# and Basic Black.
Inks: Gansai Tambi Gem Colors: Yellow Gold, Green and Blue. Archival Jet Black for sentiment.
Accessories: Altenew "Bold Floral Drape" 3D Embossing Folder.  SU Retired Bird Builder Punch. #2 paint brush.  Connect Glue.  SU mini dimensionals.  

Adding to NBUS #40 Challenge.  I used the Altenew "Label with Love" sentiment and
3D "Bold Floral Drape" EB Folder for the 1st time:-)



18 comments:

  1. I do love it too, especially the shine and that embossed background. Good job with this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, three! lol I've never met a bird card that you [or Bonnie] made that I didn't love! Love it when you get your metallics out!
    I'm still working on my winged card, Nancy! I better hurry!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on Bonnie's card, I do love the shimmer and shine on the bird ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shimmery bird Nancy! A lovely make. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the shimmer of the metallic watercolours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those watercolors, Nancy and outstanding photography showing off the shine. Love your deep embossed background too. What a great design this is and caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, Nancy, I love it too -- so, so much! What a darling bird and when the shimmer shows it just blows your mind. Such a pretty embossed background. All gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, Nancy. Love the EF with your bird nestled in the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Nancy! The deeply embossed flowers are amazing alone, but topped with the sparkling bird takes this card over the top! Your details with the metallics and layered dies add to your fab design. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite birds, Nancy! I still pull this punch out! I LOVE how you've colored him and that 3D embossed background! The yellow centers make those daisies pop! I'm glad I inspired you. You inspire me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun getting out my old SU bird punch for the 1st time in several years. Can you share the proper name for the punch? We sure do have fun sharing and inspiring each other my forever friend:-) Love and Hugs...

      Delete
  11. LOVE the shimmer of this sweet bird on a branch, Nancy! Adorable, especially perched amongst the lovely embossed flowers. Adding the gold to the centers really makes them stand out. Beautiful card, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have LOVED this fun Things with Wings (W) CAS Mix Up Challenge hosted by Linda. You can't go wrong with birds, butterflies, etc. All the DT and our friends who have shared in the gallery give us so much inspiration. None of this would be possible without you, dear sweet Lolly:-)

      Delete
  12. This is such a pretty bird card, Nancy! The shine of the gem color paints is amazing, and your picture shows it very well! I love the wonderful dimension of the 3D embossed flowers! The bird must be so happy perching on a branch among these beautiful flowers! I have this Bird Builder Punch somewhere, and you inspired me to take it out to use it! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend for your thoughtful comment. I was happy to give this card personally to a young couple in our family. They loved it and I got to watch them catching the shine from the sun when we were outside visiting:-) We are so fortunate to have a hobby that makes us happy and enables us to be creative. I love being able to personalize my cards so the receiver loves their card too. Win/Win for all:-) I can't wait to see what you create with your Bird Builder Punch:-) Love and Hugs..

      Delete
  13. I love the shine on your sweet little bird, Nancy. She's so happy perched among the embossed flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is this little guy ...... I love him! The sheen from the pearlescent paints looks gorgeous and I love the embossed detail in the background. So glad you enjoyed the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a way to showcase those wonderful shiny watercolours Nancy! Your bird looks amazing against the embossed background too and I love that you linked them by adding the gold centres to the flowers. We've been trying to enjoy our heatwave as they are very short lived in the UK!! Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy