Sunday, July 24, 2022

CAS Christmas Card Challenge July Santa

I am playing in the CAS Christmas Card Challenge July:  Santa Challenge
hosted by Barb who we are so happy is back after several months:-)

The challenge ends tonight so I am just in time to share my Santa cards.
It is a very busy time this time of year with all our gardening, etc.
Enjoy all the fun Santa CAS cards by the DT and in the Gallery.


Rules

My CAS version using a fun watercolored background of Santa
flying thru the sky with his trusty reindeer:-)

I punched 1" circle out of the watercolored and ink splattered sky
 and inlaid a WC paper circle.
Then used Archival Jet Black Ink to stamp over background with 
Visible Image "Christmas Eve" stamp set using MISTI.  
 Popped up main image with craft foam and attached to card front with Connect Glue.

I stamped the "Christmas Eve" sentiment and die cut with Spellbinders Hemstitch
Rectangles.  I used the same die cut set to die cut the "Christmas Eve" image.
Attached to card front with Connect Glue and Done! 
Christmas Cards:-)

********************

Photo of watercolored Christmas Card background before I decided to cut down 
the rest of the backgrounds for a CAS version.
I had fun making 8 watercolored backgrounds that I finished into Christmas cards:-)
Used Marimi's Small Art YouTube Video to make backgrounds.


I used Black Shadow Inks in Reds and Blues using #8 paint brush on wet on wet
technique onto Canson Cold Press 140# and on Fabriano Cold Press 140#
watercolor paper.

Enjoy and have fun adding to your 2022 Christmas Stash.
Love and Hugs..


Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image "Christmas Eve".
Paper: SU Basic White 100#.  Fabriano 140# Watercolor paper.
Inks: Shadow Black Paints...Shadow Black Blue and Shadow Black Red.
Accessories: #8 watercolor paint brush.  SU 1" circle punch.  MISTI.  Acrylic white paint splatters.  Spellbinder Hemstitch Rectangles Dies. Craft foam.  Connect Glue. 



16 comments:

  1. Fabulous backgrounds, Nancy! Perfect to be winter skies for Santa and his sleigh - love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards Nancy. Your winter skies are simply stunning, perfect for Santa and his sleigh. Great sentiment too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check for the Big Guy every year, Nancy! SO wonderful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each one is unique and gorgeous. Lucky Santa to have such beauty around him as he goes about his work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Nancy, great watercoloured backgrounds and what a clever way to make a very white moon. Brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your backgrounds on both cards stole the whole show on these. They are fantastic and I LOVE that stamp! Looks like I'll be shopping yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy ~ Thank you so much for your kind words...It's great to be crafting again!
    Your watercolored backgrounds are gorgeous! I love the two you chose for your cards, and your silhouettes of Santa and his reindeer are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at CAS Christmas Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are hosting and playing in CAS Mix Up again, Barb. I loved your challenge and was really pleased to end up with 8 Santa cards to add to my 2022 Stash:-) Take care...and TFS your sweet comment. Hugs..

      Delete
  8. Awesome night sky watercolors, Nancy! Thanks for the link. Santa looks awesome flying across the sky into the moon! Great idea to punch and add the moon! Something else to remember! Thanks so much for the inspiration, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the WC background technique. I watched the video and before I knew It I had 10 backgrounds. I used 8 backgrounds for my CAS version Christmas cards...and all a bit different:-) Love that....

      Delete
  9. Wow, great cards, Nancy! I love the colors on both! The uneven edges of the blue version really appeal to me! I may have to give your watercoloring technique a try! Thanks for the inspiration! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so beautiful Nancy. I love your night skies ... amazing colours and so perfect with silhouette images. I have used my Black paints only once, but you have inspired me to pull them out and have a play. I will try making some of those backgrounds! Love, Lolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun and easy background technique. In no time...I had 10 backgrounds to finish into cards later:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  11. Your gradient watercolored backgrounds are fabulous, Nancy! I love the shade of Black Shadow Inks, and the beautiful contrast of the black silhouette and the white moon. It's a stunning CAS Santa card! The stars on the second card are fun additions.
    I'm always happy to see your cards in the CAS Christmas gallery. Thank you for sharing! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this was one of the most fun Christmas multiple cards set I have every created...and it was easy because of all the quick Shadow Ink watercolor wash backgrounds:-) TFS your sweet comment, my friend. Hugs...Nancy

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy