Wednesday, February 23, 2022

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Winter Scene

I am posting my CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Winter Scene card.
Hosted by the very talented, Christine.
I Love this challenge for adding to my CAS Christmas Card Stash:-)


Stamping, Heat Embossing and Die Cutting.

I stamped my SU "Sleigh Bells Ring" image using Archival Jet Black Ink onto
SU Shimmery white cardstock.  This is a stamp set from 2007 and Retired.

I think I gave it a bit more modern CAS design,  which was fun.
After stamping the image I die cut with Spellbinders Square Hemstitch Dies.
Covered with Versamark and heat embossed with SU Clear EB Powder.
It has a beautiful shine.

Then attached to a square die cut SU Basic Black Cardstock.
Popped up with craft foam and attached to Shimmery White cardbase.

Next added Red Hemp and then stamped STAMPlorations Christmas Joy sentiment 
with Archival Jet Black onto scrap of Shimmery White CS, 
 Trimmed and added Versamark and Heat EB with clear EB powder. 
  
Next popped up sentiment with foam.
Then attached card front to SU Basic Black Card Base and Done!

This would be a QCAS card design for making a few multiples for my stash:-)

Thank you Christine for a fun CAS Christmas Card Challengeđź’•


Supplies:
Stamps: SU Sleigh Bells Ring.  STAMPlorations Christmas Joy.
Paper: SU Shimmery White CS and Basic Black.
Inks: Versamark. Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: Spellbinders Square Stitched Hemstitch Dies.  Red Hemp a gift from my DD plus more colors:-)  Craft foam.  SU Clear EB Powder.

Adding also to Peace on Earth  Christmas #10 Anything Goes Challenge



16 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is so beautiful! I'm getting rather tired of seeing Winter scenes outside of my windows, but this gorgeous paper scene? I would never tire of it! Such a gorgeous Christmas card! It has a Currier and Ives feel, doesn't it?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the embossed shimmer and what a peaceful Winter scene....The pop of red looks fabulous too Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy scene. I wish we still had sleigh rides. I love that frame too, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this... the black and whote with a hint of red is so eyecatching. Sending hugs your way Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant Nancy, I used to have this stamp and now wish I'd kept it. Beautiful card ♥ thanks for playing along with us at CAS Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little scene, I love the touch of red from the twine, such a good idea. What a good idea to cover in clear embossing powder too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, love the details in this stamped scene, perfect for our winter scene challenge at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty scene, Nancy! I love how you've framed it with the black peeking through and around the image piece! The bit of red twine adds just the right amount of pop to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scenic card you have created! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nancy this is just beautiful! LOVE the touch of red with the hemp ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, that's a pretty scene! You sent me a card using this stamp once and I still have it. Beautifully CAS, and that little touch of red hemp is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, Nancy! I love the modern twists you gave this CAS winter scene card! The shine of the heat-embossing, the cool hemstitch frame, and the black and white sharp contrast with a little pop of red are all wonderful design elements to give a modern look to the card with the peaceful sketchy image. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great black and white design. Thanks for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.
    Kathy
    PEO DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful and elegant done in black on white shimmer, Nancy. Love the hit of red with the twine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful CAS holiday design, Nancy! I love the peaceful winter scene and how the hem stitched die lets the accent color show through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. black and white always look so elegant and I love a scene done like that, beautiful
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy