Tuesday, February 15, 2022

CAS Mix Up (MM) February Reminder Faux Cloisonne

Time for our CAS Mix Up Mixed Media Faux Cloisonne Reminder Challenge!
Hosted by the very talented Susan.
All the CAS cards designed by our DT are so Inspiring!


Susan's Message
For my challenge I would like you to recycle glossy Magazines, Advertising material or you could use Designer Paper that has been hiding in your stash.  Most cards I have seen are embossed with Gold embossing powder but you could use other colours too.  


Video Tutorials: 


Using Faux Cloisonne Technique, Dies, Heat Embossing and Stamping.

I began by cutting out a flowers photo from a shiny glossy seed catalog.
Then die cut a Penny Black "Leaf Stitch Frames" border for the card front and 
for the glossy flowers and then
die cut a third time using the smaller rectangle and attached the flowers image
with scotch tape.

Next with the leftover glossy flowers I die cut the Memory Box "Effera Butterfly Wings".
Then die cut the MB "Rhone Butterfly Wings" from SU Basic White 100# CS.
I attached the wings and body with Connect Glue.
Then attached the beautiful butterfly to the Penny Black "Leaf Etched Frame".

Stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Altenew "Leaf Clusters".
Then trimmed off the "my friend" from the sentiment 
and attached the "miss you" to the frame.

I created my card the same day I designed my Faux Cloisonne launch card.
Whoops...realized again that I had not gold heat embossed my images.

I very carefully used my Versamark Pen to trace around the edges of the flowers
panel and the butterfly and then heat embossed with Ranger Princess Gold!
It worked beautifully:-) 

We would love for you to join our Faux Cloisonne fun! 
You still have until the 24th to play along:-)

Love and Hugs...


Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Leaf Clusters" sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS.  Glossy seed catalog.
Inks: Versamark ink pen.  Versafine white ink.
Accessories: Penny Black Leaf Stitch Frames Dies. Memory Box Effera Butterfly Wings Die and 
Rhone Butterfly Wings Die.  Connect Glue. Ranger Princess Gold EB Powder.



19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, your butterfly is amazing. it is so surprising how these turn out. Love your framing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Nancy and love your choice of colorful flowers. How perfect to accent the focal with that butterly! I hope to find a colorful glossy page and try this after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save and your card is really beautiful Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers make a gorgeous little butterfly, Nancy! So pretty and a great reminder that Spring isn't far off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE coneflowers and these are amazing, both as the focal on your card panel, and as the beautiful butterfly embellishment. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great save, Nancy! Love the bright colours of the flower image you used from the seed catalogue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy this is wonderful, beautiful design elements and a pretty coneflower photo for the Faux Cloisonné technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture you used for your card. This is so pretty and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The leafy frame is ideal for this lovely bunch of flowers. All the layers look amazing and the butterfly is the sweetest touch for a "miss you" card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous seed page to use for this interesting technique. I love seeing the page that the faux cloisonné butterfly came from. Great save btw. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Nancy, the flowers are so pretty and make for a wonderful butterfly ♥ I would never have realized there was an oopsy with the EP :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous and beautiful idea to pair the main image and butterfly from the same paper! Such rich colors in the photo and it does work so well on the butterfly. I can see it in the butterfly's body, too. I think your card is very pretty and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Faux Cloisonne CAS card, Nancy! I love it! Great choice for the flower page for this technique! I especially love the double Leaf Etched frame design, and the little beautiful butterfly paired with the center flower panel. Layering the white die-cut over the butterfly is a wonderful idea! Glad that adding the gold heat-embossing later worked well! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so beautiful Nancy! I agree you found a wonderful pic to use for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning and what a great idea to use the seed catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's another stunner and I even managed to squeeze in an entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am off to check our your faux cloisonne card, mf:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  17. I love the birght colours on this card Nancy, stunning against the white. Great save too with the embossing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy