Wednesday, November 24, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Critters


Just in time for the CAS Christmas Card November Challenge: Critters hosted by Barb!
Such a fun challenge with the cutest Christmas cards by the DT, GD and in the Gallery.
 


Here are my sweet Polar Bear and Penguin Critters:-)

I love this sweet image "Starry Night" by Whimsy Stamps.
There was no sentiment in the set.  I will add a Christmas sentiment inside.
I think the balance is perfect as it is....

I die cut the background of the SU Basic White 100# Cardstock using 
SSS Postage Stamp Edge Frames.
Then used MISTI to stamp the critters and stars with Versafine black ink
and heat emboss with SU Clear EB Powder.

Next I stamped the critters image on cardstock and fussy cut for a mask.
Masked the critters and used craft brush to add the DOX Salvaged Patina background.

Added Connect Glue to beary's hat, stars and snow that the critters were sitting on..
Then added SU Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

I used Zigs to color the sweet polar bear, penguin and stars.
Connect Glue is great for adding little dots on the sky and then sprinkle with
more Dazzling Diamonds.  So Glittery and pretty.

I popped up the image with craft foam and added to SU Basic White CS 
and Done!  I LOVE this challenge and do not think I missed any in 2021:-)

So happy I was able to squeeze in a Critter Christmas Card:-)  
Enjoy your Holiday Season and wishing you all a Healthy and Happy
Christmas with friends and family...Be safe!

Love and Hugs..


17 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Nancy! How willing you are to fussy cut!! I avoid it like the plague. The background turned out beautifully. I find the most difficult thing is to work the background around an image. You mastered that with this one. Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Nancy, he's so cute and your sparkly snow looks wonderful. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image and great coloring. Oh, if I didn't have so many Christmas stamps, I'd get this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card, Nancy! You created the sweetest scene! The color of the sky is beautiful and the sparkle of the hat, stars, and snow is sooo pretty! You took a great photo. The postal stamp edges are nice touches. I'm always happy to see your card in the CAS Christmas gallery. Thank you! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet critters, Nancy. Love the beautiful sky and the stars and glitter! Thanks so much for taking part in CAS Christmas - and for not missing any of our challenges all year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are so adorable together, Nancy! I love how they are enjoying the star-gazing! Beautiful background and love the sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute hugging each other underneath the starry sky Nancy! Lovely card! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most adorable card and absolutely love the sweet little penguin and his polar bear friend Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable critters and you've colored them beautifully, Nancy! Love your background and all the sparkle on your design, too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I hoe your day is as fabulous as your card! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolute sweetness in these two good friends and soooo adorable! A pretty background setting for their star gazing. Gosh, those Dazzling Diamonds really are dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These critters are adorable and your background is so pretty with all that glittery goodness! A very sweet card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such happy looking bears and I love the sparkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet image, Nancy, and I love all the glitter, especially on the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable and fun, Nancy. Super cute! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I could have squeezed in a critter card! Yours is just adorable with those two pals enjoying the magical season! Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I missed this one last month, but this is so sweet and adorable. Love the sparkle… makes it magical!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy