Wednesday, September 1, 2021

CAS Mix Up (W) Autumn Colours

Our talented Leslie is hosting the September CAS Mix Up (W) Autumn Colours Challenge.
You are going to be so inspired by our Guest Designer
and our awesome Design Team.  Be sure and check out their blogs!

You have until the 24th to play along!


I do love Autumn and especially the Autumn Colors of Nature!

My card using an Autumn watercolored smooshed background and die cut Ferns
from SU Designer Paper!

I recently received this wonderful Penny Black "Fern Border Die" from a dear friend.
The same day I received a new 12 x 12 pkg of SU In Good Taste Designer Paper I had ordered!
Perfect timing as the paper had used Autumn Colours on some of the sheets.
You can see the sheet for the back drop for my photo.
I die cut the ferns from the paper and only use 1/2 of the border.
I die cut the ferns from SU Basic White 100# cardstock twice and used Connect Glue
to stack the layers.


Then I smooshed Distress Oxide Inks: Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Rustic Wilderness
 and Vintage Photo onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper after 1st spritzing paper with water.

Die cut smooshed Mixed Media paper using Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Die.
Attached die cut ferns to background using Connect Glue.
Stamped SSS Bouquet Thanks sentiment with Archival Jet Black ink.

Die cut SU 100# Basic White cardstock with SSS Postage Stamp Edge Frames Die.
Popped up main image with craft foam and attached to frame and SU 100# cardbase
and Done!  Loved the results.  Hope you do too and join us in the fun challenge.

Love and Hugs...


Supplies:
Stamps: SSS Bouquet Thanks for sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS,  SU In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.  Strathmore Mixed Media paper.
Inks: Distress Oxides: Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Rustic Wilderness and Vintage Photo.  Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: Penny Black Fern Border Die.  SSS Postage Stamp Edge Frames Die.  Gina K Connect Glue. Craft Foam.

 
Adding to NBUS #30 Challenge: My 1st time to use PB Fern Border Die and SU In Good Taste DSP.




24 comments:

  1. Your background is fabulous. Such gorgeous soft colours, it looks wonderful behind those ferns xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great combination of this amazing watercolor background of yourself and this beautiful SU paper. WOW! Such an amazing card will surely be remembered by me.
    hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you lucky that your inspiration came together in the mail...and look at the pretty card you made with it. The colors are amazing, a lovely background to the delicate ddiecut ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful colours, Nancy. And I love the postage stamp die cut for the background panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fern border? OMGosh, how gorgeous! I love the colors of both your watercolor background and the designer paper. Beautiful match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Nancy... Wonderful colours and design! The photo looks terrific with that stunning paper in the background. Thank you for inviting me to join you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Nancy! What a fabulous die! and you were very clever to allow that DSP to color it for you! Such beautiful bit of smooshing, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your smooshed background is perfect with the DSP you cut the lovely ferns from, Nancy. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love these ferns, Nancy! I wouldn't have thought to cut them out of designer paper but it works beautifully! A beautiful background too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG love those colours, the pink and purple hues with green are stunning and so perfect for the fern die cuts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely watercoloured Autumn colours for the behind your beautiuful fern border die, Nancy! Great combination of colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this is such a pretty card with wonderful autumnal colours Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just fabulous!
    Love the background, love the die and the composition is just awesome!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll try again to type this comment Nancy and to make it make sense!
    I tried to say that I loved the colours here and I think I now have to have that lovely fern die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, this is a stunning example of CAS! I absolutely love it! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, this is a stunning example of CAS! I absolutely love it! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous autumn colors pop on the white panel so beautifully, Nancy! I love the colors of the watercolor smooshed background and the die-cut ferns! The dimension of the fern and the postage stamp edge of the front panel add just the right amount of interest without distracting from the focal panel. Wonderful design, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you so much, my friend. It was amazing how all my new products went so well together...and it was not planned, either! Love when that happens. Enjoy your long weekend, Hideko. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  19. Mmmm, Nancy, I feel hugged by those incredibly gorgeous colors of your smooched background and DSP. You've created a wonderful fall design with the ferns! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dolly. I am so pleased you are able to continue your fun NBUS Challenge, my friend:-) Stay safe and Creative, my friend. Our garden is winding down. I have been busy harvesting and freezing, broccoli, applesauce and the sweetest corn...ever!!! Fall is definitely in the air with the cooler temperatures and leaves turning colors:-) My favorite time of year:-) Love and Hugs sweet friend. Nancy

      Delete
  20. Beautiful colours Nancy and the Fern die cuts work perfectly for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really like that smooshed background Nancy and how pretty the die cut ferns are cut out of that paper! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! I love those colours! The die cut ferns look amazing in the patterned paper, the perfect match for your gorgeous background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy