Monday, September 20, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Plaid

So happy to be playing in the September CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Plaid
 hosted by Colleen!
I was so inspired by all the DT and GD beautiful card samples:-)

Dolly..you will be proud of me...I even have a Twofer post:-)
A great way to use up scraps from my 1st card!




My 4 1/4 " x 4 1/4"  Plaid  Be Merry Christmas Card

I found this basic red and white plaid Old SU Designer Paper in my stash:-)
I used a new to me NBUS Sizzix Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades Poinsettia
Embossing Folder on Strathmore MM paper.  I got a beautifully detailed A6 image by 
using the 184# mixed media paper:-)

I cut the image just below the 2 top poinsettia blooms.
Then used the Square Hemstitch Die to frame the flowers.

Used another larger square die from the same set to die cut the plaid paper.
Stamped the sentiment from Penny Black Happy Snippets.
 
Attached layers and popped up onto SU Basic White 100# CS using craft foam and Done!
Almost done...added the SU Dazzle Gold Marker,  then done:-)

I thought I was done,  but kept looking at my leftover Poinsettia and plaid paper
 and the rest of the supplies on my desk. 
 You guessed it...a Twofer was quickly in the making!

Thank you Dolly for reminding us how Twofers can pop out of a messy desk:-)

*****************

A2 Holiday Cheer card to add to my Christmas Card StashđŸ˜€

I loved how this Quick Clean and Simple A2 card turned out!
I used ALL the same products as my Be Merry card.  I just created a rectangle 
design card instead of square card.

Enjoy my cards and thank you Colleen for a fun and easy Christmas Challenge.
Love and Hugs, 


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Happy Snippets for the sentiments.
Inks: Archival Jet Black for sentiments.  SU Dazzle Gold Marker.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS.  Strathmore 184# Mixed Media Paper.  SU retired Designer Paper.
Accessories: Sizzix Tim Holtz 3-D Texture Fades Poinsettia.  I ordered mine on Amazon Prime. Sizzix Square and Rectangle Dies. Craft Foam.

*************

NBUS #30 Challenge..I used my Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Poinsettia for the 1st time..Love it!


24 comments:

  1. Two great cards! Love the red gingham dp and the use of that beautiful embossing folder. I finally broke down and ordered those hemstitch dies - all your fault for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, Hee...you will be so glad you did, my friend. I now have both the rectangle and square Hemstitch dies:-) Love them and you will too...love and hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  2. Two wonderful cards Nancy! I LOVE how the red and white plaid really frames the white poinsettias beautifully. The poinsettias really stand out and take center stage! Great twofer!! Love, Lolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite 3d embossing folders, looks amazing with the red and white plaid background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of the plaid with the flowers..wonderful mf
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I adore Poinsettias by now, Nancy! But this 3D one just has to come home to mama! How absolutely gorgeous they are with that red gingham plaid! Well done, Nancy - two beautiful cards!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, Nancy. I'm glad to see how you used that folder since I also have it. The hemstitch adds a great border and the red gingham is very Christmas-y.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that e/f and making two while you're at it is a great way to build your Christmas stash. Love how sweet and clean these are. The red and white check is so pretty with this poinsettia folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you with two beautiful embossed poinsettia and gingham Christmas cards! They're quite striking! The EF is amazing, and at first glance your cards look as though they're made from two different folders. Note to self: Need more 3D folders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Lolly and the girls had their Zoom class using 3D Folders, I knew I had to have more 3D folders. I only had 3...and now I have 6...!!! Love and Hugs, my friend...:-)

      Delete
  9. i love that embossing, the simplicity of it is wonderful and it looks gorgeous against that gingham background xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two really gorgeous cards, Nancy! Your embossed poinsettia's are so striking and I love how you added the hemstitch die to frame them on your cards! I also love your red gingham plaid papers, too...it adds such a homespun feel to your designs! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb for your sweet comment. It was such a fun and easy challenge:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  11. Wow, 2 great cards, Nancy! I love how you split the embossed poinsettia panel! The white flowers are so elegant with the touch of gold and pop against the red and white plaid DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous Christmas cards, Nancy! Love the red plaid with the embossed white poinsettias! Awesome deep embossing! Aren't twofers extra fun?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay Nancy, now I need to look for those hemstitch dies because WOW, they really make a difference and are so cool with your design! Thank you sweet friend for playing along and sharing your inspiration with us. I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen for your sweet comment. I Loved your fun challenge. So easy to use for CAS Christmas card designs. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  14. Two gorgeous cards Nancy! Love that you left the embossed poinsettias white and let that gorgeous plaid be the colour. I'm chuckling at Colleen's comment above because you and Bonnie were the ones that made me get my wallet out for those dies!! Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will Love the dies, my friend. TFS your sweet comment too...Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  15. WOW what stunners. The dry embossed poinsettias look amazing and loving the red and white plaid Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous twofers, Nancy! The red and white plaid, and the white hemstitch frames are so pretty! The 3D embossed poinsettias look amazing with the gold highlights. I've never layered a panel over a hemstitch frame, but now I know it looks so good (your second card). Thank you for your inspiration, as always! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my 1st time to layer over the hemstitch frame too:-) I was so pleased at getting such a deep 3D embossed poinsettia image by using the MM 184# paper:-) TFS your sweet comment, my dear friend. Love and Hugs....Nancy

      Delete
  17. Beautiful! The embossing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO lovely Nancy! The 3D embossed poinsettia looks so pretty in the white against your red plaid! and you got two cards made! pretty framing on the white panel! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy