Tuesday, August 24, 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Decorations

I am just in time to play in this months CAS Christmas Card Challenge: Decorations!
Thank you Cathy for hosting a fun Challenge.

It has been such a busy month at home harvesting our amazing veggie/berry garden.
I have had to squeeze in all my card making and posting...like today😊

I did get to create 8 backgrounds a few days ago using 3D Embossing Folders on
different colors of SU and Tonic Foil Cardstocks that our very talented Bonnie, Lolly
and friends have been creating. Be sure and click on the links for samples!!!

My card using my beautiful shiny SU Silver Foil Cardstock background.

I Dry Embossed the SU Silver Foil with SU Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and 
then sanded with a sanding block to give the background more shine.
I will be making more cards in the future using the 7 more backgrounds😊

Next die cut the background with Reverse Confetti "Lacy Scallop Frame".
Then stamped with Versamark the STAMPlorations "Warm Hands and Warm Hearts" 
decorated packages image and the sentiment from the set  using MISTI.

Then heat embossed them with Ranger Princess Gold EB Powder,  which I LOVE!
It is a true gold!  Then used CUTplorations "Warm Hands and Warm Hearts" Die to 
die cut the image and popped up with SU regular and Mini Dimensionals.
I fussy cut the sentiment and popped up.

Added the main image to SU Basic White 100# Card Base and Done!
Loved the result and it was truly a QCAS card just in time for the end of the Challenge😃

Now sharing a photo of the beautiful texture and shine!  Enjoy....

Thank you again Cathy for your wonderful challenge.
Love and Hugs...

Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Warm Hands & Warm Hearts
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS.  SU Silver Foil CS.
Inks: Versamark Clear.
Accessories: SU 3D Subtle Embossing Folder.  CUTplorations Warm Hands & Warm Hearts.  MISTI. Reverse Confetti Lacy Scallop Frame Confetti Cuts.  Ranger Princess Gold EB Powder. SU dimensionals. Sanding Block.





19 comments:

  1. Nancy, I've been searching for a real gold!! Thanks for sharing your favorite today - and this totally gorgeous card! I'm going to be looking at those foil papers in a different light - how wonderful it is embossed!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bit of sparkle and shine on a Christmas card. This is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shine is awesome! I love that Subtle e/f and sanding it really gave it a glow. Just a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that subtle texture effect in silver, such a beautiful card Nancy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get in right under the wire and with such a pretty, shimmery card! Loving all the gold and silver. I have been loving the Princess Gold, too. I know you've been very busy with the garden. 'Tis the season, right? Enjoy the bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought to use that embossing folder on foil, Nancy, but I love the subtle texture it gives - hence the name I'm sure. lol The gold embossed packages and sentiment fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the silver background with the embossing, sanding, and die cut border - what a great background for the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite embossing folder and I love how the sanding seems to bring out more of the shine! Such a pretty Christmas card! I wish you could Zoom with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would Love to Zoom with you girls, but I do not have a strong enough satellite connection...one of the few negatives of living in the country:-) I sure do learn from the new techniques you girls are trying. Thank you so much, my friend. Love and Hugs...P.S. I thought of you the entire time I was creating the 3D Subtle EB Folder background:-)

      Delete
  9. Love all of the shimmery texture Nancy and the border is so pretty, gorgeous CAS card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty in the silver and gold Nancy! LOVE that sled full of presents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous foil background you created, Nancy! I was wondering what the SU subtle embossing would look on foil cardstock last weekend, and now I know it! And I LOVE it!!😊
    The princess gold heat-embossed image and sentiment are so pretty! You caught the beautiful shine and embossed texture so well in the picture.
    I'm so happy to see this beautiful card in the CAS Christmas gallery.
    Looking forward to seeing more of foil background cards you’re going to make! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! That is one elegant and beautiful card Nancy! Sounds like you've had a bumper crop and good for you. Have a lovely day and stay well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Nancy! LOVE the Sublte embossing folder with the foil card stock ... so beautiful! The image and sentiment are so pretty heat embossed in Princess Gold (love that yellow gold!). Great work fussy-cut the sentiment which matches the image perfectly. Love the dotty framing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing like texture and shine on a holiday card, and you have totally out-done yourself with this beauty, Nancy! I love how you turned this into a really special Christmas card...WOW! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That background is icy and sparkly, perfect behind your sweet embossed images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing effect Nancy, this is stunning! Can't wait to see how you use the other backgrounds! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty, shiny card. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW now that is one shimmery and beautiful card. The embossing, the cardstock and the whole design is a perfect CAS card Nancy. Sorry to be late commenting but I was away visiting family, after nearly two years and it felt so good! x. You've been busy too my friend x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy