Sunday, August 1, 2021

CAS Mix Up Stamping Through Stencil

Here is what Jenny has to say,
I love this technique because it adds so much interest and depth to your stenciling. I personally find it easier to use a fairly open pattern to make it easier to get a good impression.

Be sure and check out the wonderful card samples by our Design Team and our talented
Guest Designer,  Bobby (Bits & Pieces) and Michele (I card Everyone)
********************
We are also excited to Welcome our New CAS Mix Up Girl Designer: Chrissy (One of a Kind)
to our CAS Mix Up Family😊 Many of you know Chrissy as an amazingly talented
CAS designer, who rarely misses our CAS Mix Up Challenges.
A Big Hug and Welcome, Chrissy!


My card using Stamping,  Stamping thru Stencil & Sponging

This is my 1st time to try stamping thru a stencil.  Thank you Jenny for the challenge.  I always Love trying new techniques, my friend.  As you can see,  I chose a stencil with larger openings because of your advice!  Thank you!

I chose STAMPlorations Design Blox #5 Stencil 5.8" x 7.8".  The stencil is also part of the
  Birthday Bundles #1 for a discount.  I sprayed the stencil with Pixie Spray, a light tack spray.
Then placed on SU Basic White 100# cardstock.  Moved to MISTI.

Stamped STAMPlorations In Bloom: Heartfelt Hibiscus using Archival Jet Black Ink.
Tip: Immediately cover stencil with Archival Ink Remover and place in sink of warm soapy water to remove the ink from the stencil.  I got all,  but a tiny bit of ink off my stencil.

After ink dried completely I used i-crafters i-brushes to blend the SU inks.
To get a smooth blend with the SU inks I tapped the brush lightly onto ink pad and then tapped brush onto scratch paper and then blended the inks for the background, flower and leaves. 
 It gave a smooth blend.

I used new SU ink pads that were quite juicy. I listed the colors in my supply list.
I removed stencil and was very pleased with the depth and texture from the technique.
Next I trimmed the piece and stamped the STAMPlorations Helenium-Lg Hello sentiment using Archival Jet black ink.

I tried framing with a layer of black cardstock, but then thought it was more CAS if 
I trimmed all,  but the left side of frame.  Added a few sequins,  attached to card base and Done!

This was a fun challenge and I am looking forward to using the technique again!

You have until the 24th to play along.  
We would love to see your CAS Stencil cards😊

Love and Hugs and enjoy your Summer, but stay safe!


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations In Bloom: Heartfelt Hibiscus and Helenium Large sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# and Basic Black.
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Stampin Up ink pads: Just Jade, Shade Spruce, Pretty Peacock for background.  SU Real Red and DOX Fossilized Amber for flower.  The green SU shades for leaves.
Accessories: Pixie Spray. i-crafters i- brush. STAMPlorations Shaker Blends sequins: Color Confetti, Connect Glue.
************************

Adding to NBUS #29 Challenge: My 1st time to use the ARTplorations  In Bloom: Heartfelt Hibiscus
 stencil.   



23 comments:

  1. Such a pretty peek through a garden trellis, Nancy! It was the perfect stencil for this stamp!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first impression was like I was looking through a window at a beautiful blooming garden. If that was your mindset, you certainly achieved it. Stunning ink blending, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking effect Nancy and the technique looks fun and fabulous. Thank you for the tips x. A real stunner x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that trellis effect on your flower. You certainly nailed that stamping through the stencil. I found it really hard to do, but am going to practice some more as I really like the effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific design work, Nancy. It appears that the flower is outside the window. I will definitely have to try this so thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for you really warm welcome to the team Nancy, I am delighted to be here.
    Your card looks really vibrant with those bold colours and terrific over stamping!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Nancy! It looks like a piece of stained glass! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy beautiful effect with the open stencil and the big bold flower. I love your Card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of stencil and stamp for the challenge! What a gorgeous colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect stencil for this technique, Nancy! Great open spaces to show off your gorgeous stamped flower. Isn't it awesome how stamping through the stencil recesses the stamped images?? Very cool. Gorgeous card with amazing colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lolly. Yes, Jenny chose an awesome technique that adds wonderful depth to stenciling. I will definitely be using the technique again:-) Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  11. I do not have good stencils for this challenge, but you sure did! Your flower is beautiful as though behind a screen or window. Great idea, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an easy stencil to work with for the challenge. Although for my reminder card I used a more detailed stencil and it worked too:-) I had not used this technique before and really like it:-) TFS your comment, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  12. I love the beautiful card you created stamping through a stencil, Nancy! I can't wait to try this innovative technique and I really appreciate this wonderful inspiration! Thank you, my little friend, for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolly:-) Such a fun and easy technique that adds such wonderful depth to a stenciled image! I can't wait to see what you create:-) Love and Hugs..

      Delete
  13. I've never tried this but just might have to give it a go... Terrific card my friend! The colours are amazing! Hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Hibiscus CAS card, Nancy! I feel like I'm looking at the flower through a trellis. You made a wonderful choice of the stencil!
    Your ink blending is beautiful, and the thin black border only on the left side is just the perfect amount of accent! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hideko for your kind and thoughtful comment. Such a fun CAS technique. I hope you get to play too:-) Love and Hugs, Nancy

      Delete
  15. Nancy your stencil and stamping work so well together and the ink blending finishes off your card perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so in love with this card!!! Thanks for inspiring me:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This looks stunning. Fabulous stencil and the perfect stamp to go with it .... great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I envy you the more open stencil, Nancy. It makes it easier to show off a gorgeous flower like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy