Sunday, August 15, 2021

CAS Mix Up (S) stamping thru stencil Reminder

Having fun playing with CAS Mix Up Stamping thru Stencil Challenge hosted by Jenny!
Be sure and check out the awesome CAS Reminder cards by our talented Design Team and our
Two Guest Designers Bobby and Michele.


Loving your challenge Jenny.  I will be using this Stamping thru Stencil technique
more often because of you,  my friend😀

I arranged the "Magenta Sunflowers Stencil" over SU 100# Basic White Cardstock,  
so it was off the edge, which would then
give my card front more white space.  Secured the stencil with 3M masking tape.

Then used i-Crafter's i- Brushes to blend the Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade,
Aged Mahogany, Lucky Clover, Fossilized Amber, and  Fired Brick.  I love these 
dauber style brushes for small stencil openings.

Next stamped the images through the stencil with Archival Jet Black ink.  
I used STAMPlorations 
"Grunge and Mixed Media" and "Splitter Splattery Grunge" stamp sets.

 I removed the stencil and immediately rubbed my stencil with Archival ink remover 
and then washed the stencil in warm soapy water.  It removed most of the ink.
I loved the stenciled sunflower image.  

Next die cut the border with Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle Die.
Then stamped the STAMPlorations Bee's Knees Layered Vase sentiment with DOX
Hickory Smoke.  Attached to SU Crushed Cucumber card base and Done!
Love how the green card stock shows through the die cut border.

We hope you can play along with us using the stamping through stencil techniques.
You have until the 24th to play along in this fun challenge by Jenny.

Love and Hugs, 


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Grunge & Mixed Media,  Splitter Splatter Grunge and Bee's Knee's "Layered Vase" sentiment.
Paper: SU Basic White 100# CS.  SU Crushed Curry CS.
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Aged Mahogany, Lucky Clover, Fossilized Amber, and  Fired Brick.  Archival Jet Black.  DOX Hickory Smoke for sentiment.
Accessories: Magenta TM246 Sunflowers stencil.  i-Crafters i-Brush.  3M Masking Tape. Spellbinders Hemstitch Die.  

*********************

Sharing photo I took today of Sunflowers from our Veggie/Berry Garden😃
True color for bouquet..my card is washed out in photo. Enjoy!



28 comments:

  1. LOVE this card so much. You really made this challenge work for you...the stenciling and colors are melding into an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love everything about this card, Nancy! The daisies are so pretty with the grunge stamping! The hemstitch frame works perfectly and I love the green peeking through! I see why you love this stencil, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stenciled sunflower card, Nancy! The mix of the ink colors is beautiful, and the grunge pattern stamping through the stencil is just the right amount and adds so much interest to the flowers. The off-the-edge layout and the bright green peeking thru the hemstitch frame are wonderful design elements! I love this card, my dear friend!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hideko for your sweet and thoughtful comment. I LOVE the Hemstitch Die set and must get the square set soon:-) You so inspire me with your CAS card designs, my friend. Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous - truly one of my favourites of your recent cards! Love the bits of stamping through the stencil, the beautiful blend of colours, and the hemstitch framing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite cards recently too, my friend:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  5. I've been looking forward to getting a closer look at this beauty! Stunning in every way! Your sponging is perfect, the stamping really adds interest and the die-cut frame adds class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny for this awesome Challenge:-) Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous sunflowers from your garden, Nancy!! Thanks for letting us know you added that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, my dear Master Gardner:-) Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Your card is a fabulous representation of your gorgeous flowers... the sponging is terrific and the stamping certainly adds that certain something to your design!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Nancy - loving those sunflowers - sorry this is just a quick visit - got to make the most of having internet! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, your stenciled sunflowers are as beautiful as the real ones! Really nice shading, and the coolest stamped pattern here and there throughout. Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way the background stamping gave wonderful texture and shading to your lovely sunflowers, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the sunflower stencil and the colours you've used make it even more special. The stamping really adds a mixed media edge to the design. Great work! LOVE the bouquet of sunflowers from your garden! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of our Retreats when I use this beautiful stencil, Lolly. I saw Christine use the Magenta Sunflowers Stencil and knew I had to have it. She ordered it and a few other Magenta products for me and had them waiting for me at our BC Retreat!!! I miss all my BC creative and wonderful special girlfriends. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  12. OMG Nancy, your sunflower colours are out of this world. That's one of my favorite stencils and now this is one of my favorite cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you liked it, my friend. I sure miss you and our Retreats! Love and Hugs...

      Delete
  13. Absolutely fabulous Nancy! Love the design and your real sunflowers are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a stunner of a card and so very eye catching Nancy. The blending and the colours look fabulous and the technique is perfect x. Thank you so much my friend for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind, friendly and generous comment. I so appreciate it x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very beautiful card Nancy dear; I love the white space too. Truly admiring your gorgeous sunflowers!!! Hugs and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love sunflowers and these are stunning!! The colours look amazing and the stamping adds the perfect detail ....... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, this is an absolutely gorgeous card! Wow, I love the grunge stamp you used for the through the stencil stamping! The hemstitch rectangle is such a great choice, letting the BG color show through! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Nancy perfect for the challenge, but your real Sunflowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancy I love sunflowers and your cards is gorgeous... love the stamping through the stencil and you're so lucky to have them growing to bring sunshine into your home, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a stunner, Nancy. Love your blends and those hints of music are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an amazing effect with the stamping through the stencil Nancy! The flowers are bold and gorgeous and I love the hemstitched die too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy