Monday, October 16, 2017

CAS Watercolour Fall Leaves Reminder

Oh My Gosh...Gorgeous CAS Watercolour Fall Leaves Cards by our DT and Guest Designer, Marcia (Marcia's Stamping Pad)!


Our 1st Birthday Celebration has been so much fun with so many wonderful well wishes from our followers.  Loll and Bonnie are so deserving of all the thoughtful comments.

Prizes
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)


Here is my Fall Leaves Birthday card for my forever crafting girlfriend,  Leslie (Running With Scissors).  Leslie has received her card and loved it.  I was so pleased:-)  Happy Birthday my friend.

What would we do without our crafting friends?!?  I made the Bister powder background for my leaves and butterfly while in BC for a stamping Retreat with Loll, Christine and Susan.  I borrowed Christine's Bister powders and used her Thick CS from a local printing shop.

We were playing with the Cling Wrap technique.  I sprinkled Bisters Powders onto my thick cardstock and spritzed with water.  While wet I placed a piece of Glad Wrap onto my piece and scrunched up a bit to get these cool lines and to blend the Bister's colors.  The hard part....waiting until completely dry.  I left my piece to dry over night then carefully removed the cling wrap. Wow!!!  What a gorgeous background!!!

I finished my CAS Card recently by die cutting several leaves using SU Leaflets Dies and punched out the butterfly with SU Itty Bitty Butterfly Punch from my Cling Wrap background.

Next I dry embossed a SU Thick Whisper White card front using a older Cuddlebug leaf EB folder (Leafy Branch).  Then arranged the leaves and shaped butterfly attaching with SU Fine Tip Glue Pen and weighting down with a large acrylic block until dry.   Added linen thread to leaves and stamped my sentiment using MISTI and Archival Jet Black ink.  Done...and loved the results!  The colors and textures are...I think,  Gorgeous!

Hope you get to join our fun Fall Leaves 1st Birthday Celebration.  You have until the 24th to play along.  Happy Fall Stamping my friends.   Hugs..

Supplies: 
Stamps: STAMPlorations Helenium-Large sentiment
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White. Christine's thick white from BC printing shopl
Inks: Bister's Powder watercolours. Archival Jet Black ink.
Accessories: SU Leaflets Dies, SU Itty Bitty Butterfly Punch.  SU Fine Tip Glue Pen and linen thread. Cuddlebug dry EB folder Leafy Branch. MISTI. Bone folder to shape butterfly.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I love those leaves, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is probably one of my favourite of your cards! I think it is fabulous! Love the rich colours in the leaves and butterfly, and the way the leaves are tied with twine. And they look terrific on top of the embossed background! I will be CASEing this some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the prettiest fall cards I have ever seen! You make me want to run back and try this right now, particularly since I'm such a Bister fan! Love Christine's cardstock too- so fun to play with. Your results are absolutely incredible. So now I need to make a fall card casing yours! I LOVE this! Your linen thread is the perfect final touch. This is a beautifully designed card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Nancy, your background is stunning. Bister is so much fun to play with especially when there's some cling wrap around. I need to give you more coated card when you come next year and yes I'm going to have to CASE this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It truly is gorgeous! I love the unusual colors you created for the leaves. Very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised Leslie loved her card, Nancy! It is a breathtaking and vibrant work of art!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing leaves, Nancy. Love the mix of earthy tones with the cling wrap technique. Lots of fantastic dimension from the leaves and your beautiful dry embossed leafy background. I can imagine that Leslie was thrilled with her special birthday card from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a stunning card Nancy. Am missing joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow...the most amazing effect with the cling wrap and the gorgeous colours of powders that you've used. Love the dry embossed texture and such a beautiful CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, Nancy. Those Bistered leaves are amazing and I love the embossed card base. I've been enjoying this card on my dining room table ever since you brought it over. It has become part of my fall decorations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous leaves Nancy and I think I must try that technique using Brushos. I love that Leafy Branch EF but doesn't seem to be available any longer, such a shame as it is beautiful and perfect with your stunning leaves. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning, Nancy. The leaves and butterfly pop fabulously against the beautifully embossed background. Love everything about it. Great job. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nancy,
    Your leaves are stunning! I love colors as they break through the film. It is unique and very original!
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your leaves and the butterfly are stunning with the embossed background, Nancy! I love the earthy Bisters Powders colors! The Glad Wrap's scrunched liens are perfect for the leaf veins. I want to try that technique sometime! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall leaves look so realistic, Nancy! The cling wrap made wonderful patterns with these colors! Love that embossed background too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you leaves turned out Nancy...makes for a gorgeous card mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally in LOVE with this card Nancy! Your leaves turned out SO beautiful and just really pop against the lovely embossed background! Think I definitely need to give the cling wrap technique another try! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who wouldn't love this? It's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning combination Nancy, with the brilliant colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy, I love the embossing and gorgeous leaves. Super fun Fall card!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy