Monday, October 2, 2017

CAS Watercolour Fall Leaves 1st Birthday

I have been so looking forward to our CAS Watercolour October Fall Leaves challenge!
Hosted by Bonnie!


This is a Special month celebrating our CAS Watercolour challenge owned by Bonnie and Loll!

Happy 1st Birthday Celebration Girls!

Prizes
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)

Here is my Fall Leaf card!


I am so thankful to be one of Bonnie and Loll's Design Team members:-)  It has been a year filled with inspiring and creative techniques, CAS designs and fun filled times with our very talented and friendly Design Team and Guest Designers. Thank you again Loll and Bonnie for the opportunity to learn so much about Watercolouring and see my techniques improve over the year.

I began my project by die cutting my panels using MB Stitched Rectangles Dies.  I then Splashed one color at a time of Distress Oxide Inks onto my craft mat and spritzed with water until I was happy with the depth of colors.  I dried between each colored layer (I prefer air drying).  Here is Loll's Splashing with Watercolours (2:24) Technique video.  

Next I did the same splashing technique onto Arches Mixed Media paper and die cut my SU leaf.

I mounted my die cut panels on SU Pear Pizzazz card stock and die cut another leaf using the same paper.

I used Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach the leaves off setting for a green shadow effect. Next glued on a tiny Lucky Limeade Twine bow.

I finally tried using Distress Oxide Ink (Peeled Paint) to heat emboss my sentiment onto piece of the scrap background.  It worked great using clear EB powder.  

Next I attached my leaves with foam tape and added fun foam to pop up my main image onto SU Thick Whisper White card base and attached at an angle.

I still am totally inspired by the magic of Distress Oxide Ink layering.  Hope you like the soft, chalky Fall Watercolours for my Fall Leaf.  Enjoy and hope you get to join our CAS Watercolour 1st Birthday Celebration.  There are awesome samples by our DT and our very CAS talented Guest Designer, Marcia (Marcia's Stampin' Pad) that will Inspire you all!

Thank you again Bonnie and Loll for all you do to keep us creating, organized and always having such Fun!!  Happy 1st Birthday my friends.

Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamps "Lots of Thanks" sentiment
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White.  Arches Mixed Media
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.  LOVE my Distress Oxides.  I now have 24 :-)
Accessories: MB Stitched Rectangle Dies. SU Leaflets Dies. SU Fine Tip Glue Pen and Lucky Limeade twine (ret). Foam Tape and Fun Foam ($ store)

Adding to Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge. 1st time to use the small stitched rectangle.


Simon Says Blog Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes



26 comments:

  1. What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Nancy...CAS perfection!! I love the colors you used and I too am in awe of the magic of DOX inks...love them!! Thanks for all the inspiration this past year...I have totally enjoyed all your lovely creations! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with the Oxides and you have used them so beautifully on your card, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, Nancy. You've achieved great depth and colour with those layers of DOx inks. Love the panelled design too. Awesome card. Trina xx
    ps. happy first bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background you've made with the stitched rectangles, my friend! And these colors are so pretty for your Fall leaf card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the colours of your splashed DOX ink background and leaf, Nancy. Adding the green shadow is genius!! Love your unique layout and design. I'm with you, DOX inks are the most fun to play with and I'm still learning lots with them. Thank YOU for being on our Design Team for the past year. It's been so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card and great use of the Distress Oxides!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderful use of the Oxide inks on this card. And also love the green border for both the panel and the leaf - it gives a great background to your small stitched rectangles and lets the leaf stand out from them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Nancy! That's beautiful and absolutely love the color combination! Offsetting the die in a neutral color was brilliant. Love the split panel in the background too! Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful DOX colours and amazing layout. I love your use of Kraft to outline your panels. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking card, Nancy...so creative with the shadow offset, image panel cut in 3 pieces and best of all, the softer DOX colors for the leaves. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous panel Nancy! I'm getting more and more tempted by those DO's. Love the layering of the leaves and the split panel! Great design! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning colours and what a great layout. So much interest and yet keeping it CAS...fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your leaf is so full of colors! I love jek the oxide inks mix with each other creating these amazing melange. I really like the idea of splitting the background panel into fragments. This makes the card more expressive. This card is very beautiful :-)
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must be proud of the 1st birthday of CAS waterclour Challenge, Nancy! I'm still new to the challenge, but I love it, and I'm very thankful for your and DT's great work and inspiration!
    I love your splashed Oxide ink panels and leaf. They're just beautiful. The green shadow effect is so creative, and enhances the soft chalky colors. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  15. You come up with such wonderful designs and colours and this is beautiful! Happy birthday to Cas Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card layout is just amazing!!! Fabulous combination of beautiful colors and textures. Very nice:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  17. You give Mother Nature a run for her money with your life-like blending of colors, Nancy! This is extraordinary in every way!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colours, lovely card and I love your unique design...very clever.
    Can't believe it's been a yr already, time really does fly. I feel so honored to be a part of such a wonderfully, inspiring team.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your die cut leaves layered over the panel Nancy - and what beautiful fall colors on this! A year passes really fast doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the soft autumn colours and your layered leaf, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy first birthday to the CAS Watercolor challenge! What a beautiful, chalky looking background you got with those DOX inks. Love your mix of colors. Cute idea for the CAS layout, too. Happy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - some really awesome colors and patterns here and I love the touch of Kraft in the bg. GORGEOUS card my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. This leaf and background are gorgeous using the oxide inks Nancy and how lovely to divide the background into three and to offset the leaf with the green card for a shadow effect which works beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting technique, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully coloured and framed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy