Sunday, August 20, 2023

More Coloured Dry Embossing

July Coloured Dry Embossing Technique by Group of Seven Cardmakers!
Click on the link to get all the details for ways to color your dry embossed
images on your cards and to see all the girls beautiful card samples.


This has been the most wonderful technique..This time I used
Distress Oxide Inks and watercoloring to color my beautiful 
New to me SSS "Darcey Bouquet Set" of one 3D Folder and
3 matching Flower Dies..so beautiful!

I ordered the set...to make a special card for my dear forever
(60 years) special friend,  Daisy.

Sweet Daisy passed away a week after a fall at the age of 94 before
I received the set.  So instead I made a special thank you/
thinking of you card for our dear friend, Martha.

Martha has been like family to Daisy for 55 years and 
a loving caregiver the last few years.
Thank you and Thinking of you dear Martha💕


I misted my new Simon Says Stamp 3D Darcy Bouquet Folder
with water using T.H. Distress Sprayer then placed A2 Neenah
Solar White cardstock in folder and thru Big Shot.

I got a beautiful detailed floral image.  I made several for future
cards.  Then die cut the 3 flowers from just partial 3D images 
of just the flowers using Strathmore Mixed Media Paper 
so I could then watercolor the flowers.

I used i crafter Blender Brushes to blend Distress Oxide Inks:
Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio inks
onto the 3D background.

Next used the Winsor+Newton Cotman Watercolours and
#1 Princeton watercolor brush to paint the die cut flowers and
 the yellow 3D flower image.  When flowers dried I used a stylus
to shape the die cut flowers and attached using SU Mini
Dimensionals.

Attached Strathmore Black MM layer to Neenah A2 White 
cardbase then attached 3D cardfront, which I trimmed a bit
to get a nice black border to make the images pop.

Added a Penny Black "Smile All Season" stamped sentiment
and Done!  I loved the results.  BTW, yellow and green were
Sweet Miss Daisy's favorite colors:-)

Celebrating Daisy's 85th Birthday with friends!

Daisy is now in heaven with her family, friends and cats
after a wonderful sweet chapel memorial with her
close and forever friends💕

Love and Hugs dear friends..thank you for visiting.


***************
Supplies:
Stamps: PB Smile All Season sentiment.
Papers: Neenah Solar White Crest Smooth.  Strathmore Black Mixed Media.
Inks: Distress Oxides:Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio inks and Archival Jet Black for sentiment. Winsor+Newton Cotman Watercolours.
Accessories: SSS 3D Darcy Bouquet Folder with Die Cut Flowers, #1 Princeton WC Brush, i-crafter Blender Brushes, Stylus, Connect Glue.

Sending to...
                       Group of Seven Cardmakers Blog Linky


NBUS #53 Never Before Used Schtuff Challenge:-)



16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Nancy. I know you will miss her and that she loved you just as much as you loved her. She would love these vibrant colors and the wonderful texture. I'm sure that Martha will enjoy this card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss our Sweet Daisy, but know she is now in a better place. We are so privileged to have so many wonderful times and memories together. Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  2. How sad your dear friend passed before you could make her this card. I'm so sorry for her passing. Martha will love this lovely, dimensional card and the story of your ordering this to make Daisy a card. That makes it all the more special. I love the idea of embossing extra and cutting out the flowers to add to the card. Great job, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda for your kind comment...a special card for special friends...Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  3. Oh, Nancy. I know you were the best friend Daisy could have prayed for - I am so sorry for your loss but I know she will live on in your heart forever!
    Such a gorgeous embossing folder - and here I am having already placed my order! I will have to remember to add this one to my ever-growing collection!
    You've added such pretty colors to those blooms and leaves starting with the blended colors in the corners. Very pretty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TFS your sweet comment, my friend...I always smile when I think of Sweet Daisy and our fun times together....she was so special.. Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  4. This card is amazing. I am so sorry that you didn't get to make it for Daisy herself. I am sure she would have adored it. It is truly wonderful and the little black border sets it off perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nancy, that's sad news about Daisy. I didn't know. I'm so sorry for all of you who loved her and will miss her. It's especially sad that you never got to give her the card that you planned for her with love. I know that Martha appreciated receiving this jaw-dropping gorgeous piece of art. It tops the charts. One of my all-time favorites of yours. That's a beautiful picture of you and Daisy from several years ago. So many changes. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear friend...We need to have a phone chat in a few days...Our next visit I will share my new set:-) I am crazy busy with the garden now too....Love and Miss you....

      Delete
  6. Nancy, I'm sorry for the loss of your forever special friend, Daisy. She would know that you were planning to make a card for her and appreciate your thoughtfulness. I love the cheerful and vibrant colors and wonderful texture/dimension. The watercolored flowers are beautiful, and the black thin border really makes the image pop. I'm sure Martha will love the card made with love. Thank you for sharing the happy picture of Daisy's birthday! You two look fantastic! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Hideko....I was so pleased how my card turned out as I thought of sweet Miss Daisy and our dear friend, Martha:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend ♥ What a wonderful tribute using the embossing folder. Stunning card and such beautiful flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Nancy! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to make a card for Daisy, with the pretty folder! But at least you made a lovely card for Martha, who meant so much to her! Your blended background colors are wonderful with the highlighted flowers! Hope you and Denny are well and not too busy! Take care! Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear forever friend...We are too busy, but we are sure enjoying the fruits and veggies of our labor:-) Also still working on projects at home...Denny is now starting all the painting of the decks and then the house...I promise to catch up in Oct...Love and Hugs to you and Bill...hope you did not get too much rain...

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear friend Daisy. You were wonderful friends for so many years and I'm sure you miss her dearly. What a very special card you made to support Martha during this very difficult time for your both. Love you, Lolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TFS your sweet comment, my dear friend. Yes, it is difficult to lose such a special forever friend...Daisy had so many forever friends because she was always so kind, loyal and sweet to everyone and...she loved to have fun and had a big smile for everyone:-) I always treasured our times together and feel honored to be one of her special friends. Love and Hugs dear friend....you are so special too, Lolly:-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy