Friday, November 4, 2022

Stencil Metallic Watercoloring on Black MM Paper

I am Hooked on Metallic Watercoloring on Black MM Paper
because of my dear creative friends Lolly and Bonnie!
Click on their links to view their Gorgeous Metallic painting on Black MM cards💖

Of course...I had to create my own version...Instead of stamping an image on
the black Strathmore Mixed Media paper I die cut The Greetery 
"Leaves All Around" image to paint!


I was pleased that the photo showed the shine on the left die cut leaves
 and the darker colors on the right die cut leaves.  
It is not easy to take photos of metallics!
The shine really shows up on the Gansai Gem metallic pan watercolors:-)

I attached the die cut leaves to my Brutos Munroe Sticky Mat and placed the 
#1 "Leaves All Around" Stencil over the die,  which stuck nicely to the mat.
Then I used a #1 paint brush to paint carefully thru the stencil.

Next I did the same with the #2 and #3 Leaves all Around Stencils:-)
After done,  I let the paint dry thoroughly then used Altenew " Silver Gel Pen"
to trace around the edges of the leaves using the #1 and #2 Stencils.
  
Removed the #2 stencil and was very pleased with my metallic watercoloring:-)
I did die cut another black mm paper layer to use to pop up my leaves.

Next watercolored a scrap of white mm paper with the Gem Red paint and die cut the
Joyful sentiment from the CUTplorations Christmas Sentiments Die set."
Did a little surgery as the "Joy" fit better. I die cut a 2nd Joy with the Black MM paper
and attached to pop up the sentiment.

I used Altenew "Fine Frames Cover Die" to frame my image, which
worked out perfectly!  I attached the leaves and Joy with Connect glue.

Next attached my card front to SU Basic White 110# A2 Cardbase and Done!
Thank you Lolly and Bonnie for always inspiring me to try New Techniques😍

Now my head is spinning with more ideas:-)
This was my 1st time to use The Greetery "Leaves All Around" Die set and 3 in 1
Stencil set.  A big thank you to my dear friend that gifted me this wonderful set:-)

We are quickly turning from Fall weather to a wet early Winter season:-)
Which means...I have more time for crafting:-)  We had one of our best ever veggie/ 
 berry garden this year,  so I have been on overload harvesting and putting 
up delicious, beautiful fresh Organic produce for the year😍

Love and Hugs to all my dear friends...I so appreciate your visits!


Supplies:
Stamps: None
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media Black Paper.  SU Basic White 110# cardstock.
Inks: Gansai Gem metallic paints: Gem Red, Yellow and Green.  Altenew Silver Gel Pen.
Accessories: The Greetery Leaves All Around 3 in 1 Stencils and Die set.  Altenew Fine Frames Cover Die.  #1 paint brush.  Brutos Munroe Sticky Mat:-)  CUTplorations Christmas Sentiments Die (Joyful). Connect Glue


I am sharing my card at a few challenges...Enjoy!

NBUS #44    




23 comments:

  1. WOW! This is classy and gorgeous, my friend! Die cutting your leaves adds wonderful dimension and texture to your card! Love the framing too! I'd say you have mastered this look and now I want to try your way! We inspire each other and isn't that wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a wonderful time inspiring each other for years:-) I am always inspired by all your die cut coloring and learned that from you, mf. The Gansai Gems are my favorite metallic paints..I also like the Gansai Pearls shimmery paints. Plus the Altenew metallic watercolor paints...Lots of choices:-) I think the Gems are my favorites, but the Altenew have more color choices. What's a girl to do...have all 3 is the only answer:-) We do have glimmery fun! Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Nancy! You did an outstanding job with the metallic watercolors as well as your design. Love the framing! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Loll and Bonnie's beautiful metallic cards and WOW have you ever mastered the craft, Nancy! I'm putting some of those gorgeous paints on my Christmas list! This is just stunning!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card this time, well you always do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card, Nancy! I love the metallic water colored leaves and multiple lines for the framing! So elegant! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful. Thanks for the explanation of how you did it. Love that frame die too. Enjoy your amazing harvest, sound like it was well worth all the effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wowie WOW, Nancy, this is gorgeous! Fantastic contrast, a stunning die and framing, and your metallic coloring shows up beautifully in the photo. I can just imagine how much more jaw dropping it is in real life, too. I have just purchased my first black watercolor paper and am champing at the bit to try it. I even got new stamps to go with it. You did a masterpiece here! BTW, we have been enjoying your veggie harvest, too. The acorn squash melted in my mouth. Rich is not a squash guy, so more for me and I'm not complaining! Hugs and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share my card with you In Real Life, my friend:-) I look forward to your beautiful creations with your new black paper and stamps too:-) We do have fun...how about this awesome rain?!? We had 2" Friday night..love the sound of the rain on our metal roof:-) TFS your sweet and enthusiastic comment, Leslie. Love and Hugs...we have sure enjoyed our squash too!!!

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty Nancy! love the stencil you chose and all the layers of black framing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image, wonderful metallic paints! It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how gorgeous!! love your results.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. The is beautiful. The shine really comes through and the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie and Loll inspired me to get out my metallic watercolors too, Nancy. I love what you did with the leaves and that coverplate was a perfect choice to frame them. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did a post with this technique, too, thanks to Lolly and now I'm addicted as well! I've got stamps lined up to try, lol! But I have to say, WOW, your design blew my socks off, Nancy, and it's my favorite one I've seen. I love everything about it! (I haven't see those metallic paints before ... hmmm. I'll have to check my set and see if I have them, lol!) The color and shimmer is amazing! Glad we will see more of you now that winter is coming and good job getting and putting up a great harvest this year! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  15. so many beautiful elements- Love your background embossing withe the rectangle dies and OMG your colouring and outline of the die is out of this world ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh! ........ this is beautiful Nancy. I love the shimmer and shine from the metallics and you've framed it beautifully ..... love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Stunning card Nancy! I love your die-cut, metallic watercoloured leaves, berries and sentiment. They look amazing against the black background. The embossed frames are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All because of you, my dear creative sweet friend:-) I have LOVED all your metallic watercolored stamped Christmas cards. I want to use stamping instead of stenciling for my next metallic WC Christmas card:-) So much fun inspiring each other!!!! Love and Hugs...

      Delete
  18. So beautiful! I Iove the drama of metallics with the black cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! Your card is amazing! I love the metallic colors on black. It's something I've never tried but intend to now. Thanks for sharing with us over at NBUS. Hope to see you again. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your metallic leaves and berries look gorgeous on your black watercolor paper background, Nancy! And you caught the beautiful shine and shimmer in the picture. The silver gel pen outlines give good definition to the die-cut image, and the nested frames draw your eye to the leaves without distracting. Love the awesome design! Hugs .. Hideko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy