Wednesday, June 15, 2022

CAS Mix Up June Reminder (S) Paste/Gel

Time for our CAS Mix Up Stencil Reminder cards by our talented Design Team and
hosted by our very talented Loll
So much beautiful textured CAS card designs using Paste/Gel
through stencils!  

Enjoy and you still have until the 24th to play along!





Video Tutorials:
Embossing Paste + Stencils 2 Ways by Nichol Spohr (10:29)
DIY Embossing Paste and Stencils by Chrissie Stokes (8:19)


My Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering Stencil using Golden
Glass Bead Glitter Gel...Gorgeous Shine!

I placed the Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering Stencil over Canson Cold Press 140# paper
and attached with low tack purple masking tape.
  
Then the fun began...adding Golden Glass Bead Glitter Gel using a palette knife.
Wow...the glitter and shine is Stunning!

I let it dry over night.  Then trimmed the piece and added Gansai Tambi Gem Color
Yellow Gold to the flowers and painted the edges of a layer of SU Basic White 100#
cardstock to slip under the main image.

Stamped and heat embossed the Penny Black Holiday Snippets sentiment over a scrap
of more Yellow Gold painted cardstock.
Attached using Connect Glue.

Attached main image to SU Basic White 100# Card Base and Done!

I loved the results and happy to add to my Christmas stash:-)

****************

Since I had all my supplies out I stenciled another poinsettia card front using Strathmore
Mixed Media Tan 184lb paper. 

 I loved how the Golden Glass Bead Glitter Gel made the glittery poinsettias
look more tannish golden on the tan paper and on the white cardstock on the card above the
poinsettias were white:-)

I finished the 2nd card with Gamsai Gem Yellow Gold paints..just like the 1st card.
Added SU Real red cardstock for a very different look and added the same sentiment.

Two quick cards after designing and creating the Gel stenciled snowflakes!

We are so happy to be back creating on CAS Mix Up challenge.
We would love it if you joined the fun.

Love and hugs..

Supplies:

1st Card:
Stamps: Penny Black Holiday Snippets.
Paper: Canson Cold Press 140#.  SU Basic White 100#
Inks: Gansai Tambi Gem Yellow Gold paint.  Versafine black.
Accessories: Golden Glass Bead Glitter Gel.  Palette Knife.  #2 paint brush.  Clear EB powder.  

2nd card:
Stamps: Same
Paper: Strathmore MM Tan 184#.  SU Real Red and Basic White (painted yellow gold on edge).
Inks: Same
Accessories: Same



27 comments:

  1. MIND BLOWN! You lucky gals that have this gel in your stash are making me want to shop! Nancy - both beautiful cards - this pure Christmas white with that bit of golden goodness is SO stunning!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That white card is so elegant! Lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are spectacular, they must be so sparkly in real life. I have not heard of glass bead glitter gel before. I imagine it is much better than just glass beads as they will be more controlled. I can't cope with the idea of glass beads escaping everywhere! If I am pushed I think I choose the first one as my favourite, the simple white and gold gives it class xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the glass gel...easy to use and has not dried up:-) I have had for several years. I need to use more often:-) TFS your sweet comment. Hugs..

      Delete
  4. Both cards are gorgeous Nancy and thanks for the reminder to pull out our glitter gels and pastes again! LOVE this! Love all the sparkle on both of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get me some of this schparkly schtuff after seeing these amazing cards Nancy! Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - two gorgeous cards! I've never heard of Glass Bead Glitter Gel - it looks amazing. Love the way you finished off both cards with the lines of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That white on white card, with its touch of gold, is just stunning, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful glass bead cards Nancy. The shine is so amazing and I love the design. Very elegant and beautiful. Pretty poinsettia colour from the tan paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous poinsettia cards, Nancy! The first is so elegant with the white and gold! I love how the gel shows on the tan and the contrast with the red background! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was blown away by your gorgeous white glittery poinsettias, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards Nancy. The sparkle from the glass bead gel is amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, the two cards are gorgeous Nancy, the gel is so sparkly and shiny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both gorgeous Nancy but I am swooning over the first one. That gel really is something else. Awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, WOW, WOW!! These are both GORGEOUS Nancy!! I am head over heels in LOVE with the 1st card...how perfectly ELEGANT!! That glass bead gel just makes everything a work of art, doesn't it?!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Nancy! Beyond gorgeous! This bead gel tempts me. I've looked it up, but appreciate the brand name. Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golden Glass Bead Gel. Art Connection may have it as they have LOTS of Golden Products and if not they could order. I think I got it from Amazon...I agree...a beautiful product and has not dried out:-) Hugs...

      Delete
  16. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! The white poinsettias with amazing shine and sparkle of the glass bead glitter gel are stunning! The matching yellow gold sentiment strip and the matte are wonderful touches. And what an amazing effect of glass bead gel on tan paper! I love the unique tarnish golden color! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend. It was wonderful being able to get (good) glittery photos of both cards. They really are pretty IRL:-) Love and Hugs..

      Delete
  17. Absolutely stunning! Did you hear me gasp? You've reminded me to use my glass bead gel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two beautiful cards Nancy, but I absolutely love the first one it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards Nancy. I do love both looks but the white version is so elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowzers, this is more than gorgeous. Such a rich texture for a poinsettia, perfect for Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nancy--I'm absolutely in love with your white on white, glass bead poinsettias card! It's truly one of the best examples of elegant CAS!! AMAZING!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear forever friend:-) Maybe you will see it IRL in the future:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  22. These looks stunning Nancy....wonderful
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy