Thursday, June 23, 2022

Altenew 2022 June Inspiration Challenge

I am playing in the Altenew June 2022 Inspiration Challenge/ Super Colorful Layout.

The challenge is to be inspired by this colorful photo and to use Altenew products as
your main focus.


I was inspired by the Leaves, Flowers and Butterfly colors.

Here is my card using Altenew Leaf Bed StencilMetallic Watercolor Pan Set,

The close up phot of the shine from the Metallic Watercolors Pan Set:-)

I had so much fun creating this pretty shiny Hello card and used my 
Altenew "Leaf Bed Stencil" for the 1st time:-) 

I placed an A2 size Fabriano 140# Cold Press WC paper onto mat.
I placed the stencil over my "Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat",  which keeps the
stencil in place without masking tape:-)

Then the fun began...I used a #4 round paint brush to add the beautiful Altenew
Metallic Watercolors Pan set for the 1st time:-)  Wow..Stunning Shine!

After adding several layers of paints I removed the stencil from the mat and
let the stenciled layer thoroughly dry. 
Then washed the stencil in warm soapy water.

Next I stamped the pretty flowers from Altenew "Doodle Blooms" stamp set using
 Archival Jet Black Ink onto the cold press paper. 
 Watercolored with the same metallic paints and fussy cut.
Added the metallic paints to a scrap of WC paper and used old butterfly punches 
to punch out the images and WC with the metallic paints.

I set aside the flowers and butterflies.
Die cut the stenciled and painted card front with Reverse Confetti 
"Lacy Scallop Frame Confetti Cuts".

Used dimensionals to add to the flowers and butterfly and stamped Hello
from Altenew "Leaf Canopy" stamp set to the card front and Done!
Almost...added rhinestone gems to butterfly:-)
Loved the Results:-)  Hope you do too....

Love and Hugs,


Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew Doodle Blooms and Leaf Canopy (Hello).
Paper: Fabriano 140# Cold Press WC Paper.  Basic White !00# Cardstock.
Inks: Archival Jet Black Ink.  Altenew Metallic WC Pan Set.
Accessories: Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat. Altenew Leaf Bed Stencil.  #4 round paint brush.  Reverse Confetti Lacy Scallop Frame Confetti Cuts Die.  Dimensionals.

P.S.  My card was one of the 4 winners of the June 2022 Altenew Inspiration Challenge😄
Thank you , Altenew:-)  Congratulations to all the Winners:-)



14 comments:

  1. Nancy, I have long admired those metallic watercolors - you've proven how wonderful they are and captured their shine beautifully, too! Of course, no garden is complete without a little flutterby! So pretty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, mf. Shine always makes our day:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  2. Wow! That shine is amazing, Nancy! Love the shades of green with the bright and fun flowers! Sweet butterfly too! A beautiful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the inspiration photo, Nancy! This hello card is absolutely gorgeous and unique! The shine of the stenciled background, the pretty flowers and the butterflies is amazing! Great job of stenciling using watercolor paints. The leaves look crisp and clean! The bright colors of the flowers pop on the beautiful shades of green. TFS, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hideko for your thoughtful comment. Quite a change from my normal CAS style...so much fun with the pretty and shiny Metallic Watercolors:-) So pleased you liked my card. Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. WOW! This looks fabulous, the shine from the metallic paint looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that leafy background with the metallic shine, so special xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful background with that stunning subtle shine! A gorgeous card Nancy! Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Nancy! I'm a little late. We actually had some summer, right? Bet it was hot up there. 86 here on Saturday. Anyway, I'm happy to drop in and see your cheerful, shiny card with the cute flowers and butterfly. The shine from those paints is pretty amazing and I love the color blend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, mf. I will be sharing this card a few more when we visit each other tomorrow. Can't wait:-) Hugs...

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love your colours and design. Those new shimmer paints are fabulous, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win at Altenew, Nancy! A well deserved win! Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Bonnie...I just saw that my card was one of the 4 winners...so cool:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy