Monday, January 18, 2021

Twofer January 2021 Flowers Challenge

I am so happy to be joining Dolly's January Twofer Challenge๐Ÿ˜„

Who could resist the "Flower" Challenge...not me!

The Rules

I made my 1st card,  which helped me decide how to design a 2nd card using a different occasion and the same die๐Ÿ˜€

Here is photo of my Twofer Cards.  I Loved the results!

My 1st card is a Die Cut Valentine for my 91 year old girlfriend!
You can see the SSS heart die at the bottom of the photo.

I chose an Alcohol Inks (reds and pinks) with tissue background from my stash.
Here is the link to a card I made using the Alcohol Ink with Tissue Paper Background, which includes the technique description.  A bit involved,  but if you make several you will have a nice stash for later use๐Ÿ˜€

I cut an A2 card front (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") out of SU Whisper White 100# CS.
Then I used my new SSS"Heart of Flowers" Die to die cut the image.  

Punched out pieces with toothpick.  Then attached alcohol ink background to the back of the die cut heart with scotch tape.

Added STAMPlorations Clear Sticker "Just Everyday Greetings" to a piece of SU 100# cards and attached to card front.  Stamped hearts from STAMPlorations "Big Dreamer" and outlined the hearts with Wink of Stella.
Added SU Rhinestones and Done!  So pretty when the light hits the die cut heart.

*********************

My 2nd card using a stencil I die cut out of an acrylic sheet using the Heart Die.
You can see the stencil at bottom of the photo.

I placed the stencil over a SU 100# card front and secured with masking tape. 
Then used make up brushes to add the Distress Oxide colors.  I used my brushes without adding more inks.  I wanted a soft look.  It was a fun way to use the ink that is always leftover on the brushes.

Next Removed stencil and placed piece in MISTI.  Stamped STAMPlorations "Brave One" using Versafine black ink and Heat EB with SU Clear EB Powder.

Then die cut image with Spellbinders "Rectangle Hemstitch" Die.
Popped up with craft foam and attached to SU Whisper White 100# card base.

Then attached SU Candy Dots to center of flowers and Done!
Loved the CAS stencil designed card!

So pleased with both cards for different occasions,  using the same die cut and very different designs.  Thank you Dolly for such a fun Twofer Challenge.

Love and Hugs and stay creative and safe!
You still have until the 24th to play along.


Sharing my cards with NBUS Challenge #22.  This was my 1st time to use the beautiful SSS Heart of Flowers Die and my stencil made from the die!


Supplies:
1st Card:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Big Dreamer" hearts.
Paper: SU Whisper White 100# CS.  
Inks: Ranger Alcohol Inks: pinks and reds.  
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp " Heart of Flowers" Die.  STAMPlorations Clear Sticker "Just Everyday Greetings".  Scotch tape.  SU Rhinestones.

2nd Card: 
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Brave One".
Paper: SU Whisper White 100#
Inks: Distress Oxides.  Versafine Black.
Accessories: SSS "Hearts of Flowers" Die used to die cut acrylic sheet stencil.  Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle Die.  Make up Brushes. SU Clear EB Powder.

So excited to be Dolly's Conventional Twofer Winner๐Ÿ˜€
Thank you Dolly for hosting a fun Flowers Challenge.



27 comments:

  1. So cheerful, so happy....you did a great job mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...your two floral heart cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Nancy! They are both CAS and just lovely! I love the red & pink alcohol background you used on your Valentine card...it really pops against the white die cut heart image! And I really love the stencil you made from the heart die for the 2nd card and all those gorgeous soft colors you ink blended! Two different and FABULOUS cards my friend...thanks so much for joining and sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy, these are both great cards. The Valentine just shines with the alcohol inks and gems in the flowers. I love that soft color and how you did your stencil and that wonderful sentiment on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness just exudes from this post, Nancy, and you should be pleased with your designs! Your Valentine is so beautiful and romantic and I love the look of the tissue paper background through the heart openings! And your second design is something to frame and put on the desk as daily encouragement! I love the colors, composition, and that wonderful hemstitch frame! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Take care and keep safe, my friend, and thank you for the anniversary wishes - congratulations to you, as well!! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could not miss your wonderful Twofer "Flowers" Challenge, my dear friend and looks like so many of your followers feel the same way. You bring so much joy and happiness to us all with your challenges and fun, filled with Love and caring posts:-) Thank you for your thoughtful and so appreciated comment, Dolly! You are so special and I so look forward when we can see each other again and share real Big Hugs! Hopefully in 2022:-)

      Delete
  5. Both of your cards are fabulous. I like the die cut heart with flowers and the stunning effect of the tissue paper. You achieved totally different design using the stencil with the same motif. Smart way to "clean" brushes and achieve fantastic look. Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative these are using that die. Both cards are beautifully done but I really love the soft pastel sponging through your home made die. Your color blending is always so perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are really pretty. I love how you used the die to create a stencil. I need to do this a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very beautiful and creative cards. I know that Daisy is going to love that gorgeous red heart Valentine's card! The colours are so strikingly beautiful. And I love how you've used the die to create a stencil to randomly spong flowers. Love the soft tones and the perfect framing with the hemstitch die! Great work, my sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolly for your sweet comment. I was so pleased how both cards turned out:-) Thank you also for my new beautiful leaves banner:-) You found exactly what I wanted and it makes me smile every time I open my blog:-) You are amazing!!! Love and Hugs dear friend....Nancy

      Delete
  9. Thank you Nancy for such fun designs! Love this die cut heart with the alcohol inked background that is so bright and cheerful! The soft colors of the stenciled flowers are sweet and uplifting! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are cute, cute, CUTE, Nancy! I absolutely love the die as a stencil. What fun! Great colors. The happiness sentiment is perfect for your second card because it sure is a happy looking card! Daisy will love her pretty Valentine. You had the perfect background for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all those pinks are certainly making me happy. love both cards, they're such great valentines cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are super twofer cards, Nancy! I was not able to tell that you used the same die for the stenciled card at first. Both are beautiful and cheerful, AND they have a different feeling. The vibrant colors of AI and tissue paper texture peeking through the die-cut aperture are absolutely beautiful! Daisy will love it! The stenciled card with soft colors is so pretty! The framing and the happy font style are perfect for the card! Love both cards! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are amazing! I love them especially your stenciled one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fantastic, I love them both. It is always good to make a stencil with a die cut and this one has worked so well and you have succeeded in making it look quite different from your first card xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards, Nancy! I absolutely love the stenciled one! I have the same die, so I feel a CASE coming on! A great way to welcome spring! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing cards with fun and fabulous techniques. Thank you for explaining how you did them Nancy x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun card designs Nancy.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful cards Nancy! I particularly like the one where you made a stencil and inked soft colour into it to make a background. Love that hemstitch die too and it's on my wishlist!

    I'm going to have to borrow 'Pa-getti'!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nailed the challenge with these beautiful twofers, Nancy! So many amazing techniques. Your tissue paper AI background is vibrant and gorgeous behind the die-cut heart. In contrast, your second stencilled card is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful cards. I love how you used the die as a stencil for the second card. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards, clever using the diecut stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your Twofer wind with these Nancy, I knew they were special xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to be Dolly's Twofer Conventional (Flowers) Winner!!!! Thank you for all your awesome Twofer Challenges Dolly. Congratulations to Clara the Unconventional Winner and to all the Honorable Mentions Winners, including you, Hilary:-) Love and Hugs....Nancy

      Delete
  23. Many congratulations Nancy on the win over at Twofer, with these amazing and very beautiful cards x. Loving your fresh new header too x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mac. Congratulations on your Honorable Mention too:-) I love my header too. Lolly is amazing at finding the perfect header. I told her I would like leaves...I looked and looked and could not find what I liked..most too dark. Have a wonderful day. Rain, rain, rain here...perfect for doing some crafting:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy