Sunday, April 19, 2020

April Christmas Card Challenge:Christmas Song

The April CAS Christmas Card Challenge is hosted by the very talented Bonnie!
We all have favorite Christmas Songs...what is yours?

There are so many beautiful and inspiring cards on the challenge blog.
Be sure and check them out!



One of my favorite Christmas songs because we did not get snow on Christmas,
but I always hoped I could build a snowman on Christmas:-)


Close Up showing the shine from the snow and heat embossed sentiment.

Sorry...had a tough time getting all the shine from the heat embossed STAMPlorations
Typografia Christmas image.

I first used a make up brush to blend Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass and
Salty Ocean thru a  vellum mask that I made onto 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" piece of
Strathmore Mixed Media paper.

Next put paper in MISTI and stamped with DOX Blueprint Sketch ink and then
heat embossed with SU Clear EB Powder the STAMPlorations Typografia Christmas:
"Build a Snowman".

I then used water with a #2 paint brush to remove the ink from the build, a, and snowman.
I added Gelly Roll white ink to the 3 images where I had removed the ink.

Then I had fun adding Gelly Roll white snowflakes to the background one snowflake
at a time:-)

When dry
I added Gelly Roll Clear Star to the snowflakes for more shine. Could not
get a photo of the shiny snowflakes, but honest..they do shine!

Die cut the image layer and A2 card front with CUTplorations Crazy Double Running
Stitch Rectangle Dies.  Inlaid the image layer and attached with scotch tape.
Attached card front to SU Whisper White card base and Done!

Happy to add another Christmas card to my stash.
You have until the 24th to play along too.  Stay safe and Creative my friends.  Hugs..

        








Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Typografia Christmas: Build a Snowman.
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media.  SU Whisper White 100#.
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch.
Accessories: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Dies. SU Clear EB Powder, MISTI.  Gelly Rolls: White and Clear Star. paint brush/water. 


15 comments:

  1. I think this is a brilliant card Nancy - I love the cute snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this snowy card, my friend! A beautiful inked background that the makes the white show brilliantly! Lots of snowflakes too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy this is so much fun... even Parson Brown would approve!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Nancy, your little snowman is so adorable and love the blended background :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card with the sentiment playing the starring role! Love the snowy background and the framing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Nancy!! Love the image you used and the beautifully blended background...really makes all the white pop! A perfect card for this challenge and YAY for one more for the stash! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet little snowman and how he is part of the word. Beautiful blending and the shine is so pretty. Cute wonky frames!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a steady hand you have to use a gel pen over the white lettering. No way would mind have come out that good. This is fabulous, Nancy! Great card and the white really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute stamp! I can see the shine on your sentiment and I can just imagine the sparkle on the snowflakes. If I squint and look real closely I'm pretty sure I can catch a little glint of sparkle here and there. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautifully ink blended background and the sweet snowman, Nancy! The shine from the heat-embossing is so pretty and I'm sure the Clear Star has more shine in real life.
    The wide white border around the blue panel brings your eyes right to the center panel. Thanks for sharing! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite verse in the song! Love how you framed and made it the focal point. Beautiful colour (💙 my fav) and blending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Love your large sentiment card Nancy! I'm hooked on bleaching too ... yours looks awesome on this card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Nancy! Lots of work, but it's the kind of work we love and the results are so worth the effort! Take care and keep safe! Lots of love, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is this Nancy! Super card and super result with the bleaching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super card Nancy....of course, I love the blue!
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy