Tuesday, February 4, 2020

CAS Stencil Challenge: Foil

Come join us at the CAS Stencil February Challenge: Foil hosted by Barb!
Clever and Creative cards using fun techniques by our talented DT and 
Guest Designer, Steph (My Paper Corner).


These Foil Tutorial Videos provided by the DT were very helpful!
Video Tutorials:
Foiled Ornaments with Stamp-n-Stencil - Gina K. Designs (19:18)
How to Foil with Stencils - Justine Hovey (7:08)
Foiling Through Stencils -  Nancy Stamps (20:38)
7 Ways to add Foil Without a Machine - Janie (26:18) - stencil part is at 15:35 of the video



I used the video 7 Ways to add Foil Without a Machine!

Here is a close up showing the shine and true colors of the red foil.

Whew...I spent more time photographing and editing my photos for my Valentine for  
my dear 90 year old friend Daisy,  but she will love the shine:-)

I used ARTplorations "Hearts All Over" Stencil.
I placed the stencil over SU Whisper White 100# CS then sprayed with Pixie Spray.
 Next placed the Ranger Red Transfer Foil sheet with the Red side Up over the
 sticky stencil.

Then used the tip of my bone folder to rub the red foil in the stencil hearts,
checking occasionally to see if enough foil was transferred to the CS.
Then carefully removed the red foil setting aside.

Then die cut my foiled CS twice with Penny Black "Antique Frames Die".
Glued the larger frame to the card front and  popped up with white craft foam the smaller piece 
to the center of the frame.

Stamped the Altenew "Leaf Canopy" sentiment and Done!

To my surprise I got this positive foiled image and a negative foiled image
on the piece of foil that I set aside.  You will see the card I made later with the negative
image for my CAS Stencil Reminder card:-)

I love getting Twofer cards from one technique, don't you?!?

You have until the 24th to play along.  We would love to see your foil cards:-)  Hugs..

****************


Supplies: 
Stamps: Altenew Leaf Canopy sentiment
Paper: SU Whisper White 100#
Inks: Archival Jet Black
Accessories: ARTplorations Hearts All Over Stencil. Ranger Red Transfer Foil Sheet. Pixie Spray. Connect Glue..Gina K. White Craft Foam. Penny Black Antique Frames. MISTI..sentiment


26 comments:

  1. What a lovely card for your friend Nancy! The hearts look wonderfully glossy - she will love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, the fact that the hearts aren't perfect give it a lovely warm homely feeling (is that possible for a card?) and the shine is wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary. I liked the bit of distressed look for the hearts too:-) Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  3. What a creative technique for foiling without a laminator Nancy - your shiny hearts are lovely on the double die cut framing and I'm sure your friend will love this card from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your welcome as GD this month ... your distress hearts remind me of dancing butterflies, really beautiful ... thanks for the pointer for the CAS Mix Up Challenge much appreciated ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy! LOVE these perfectly imperfect hearts! [Oh, you are really testing me this time, Barb!!] Though I love your sweet hearts, I'll be doing a lot of video watching to do better than I did with the last card I foiled - or more correctly: foiled me again! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The videos are really helpful. Michele. Good Luck! Thanks for your fun comment, my friend:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  6. beautiful Nancy, I love your distressed hearts, the imperfections make such a perfect card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the artsy look of these amazing foiled hearts Nancy! And love how you've die-cut to add a double layer with the antique frames. Great sentiment too. I bet Daisy loved her card! Looking forward to seeing the negative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great foiling without a laminator! Wonderful shine, terrific layout (love the double die cutting with the antique frames). Can't wait to see the negative version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Nancy, I love the distressed look of the hearts too, I'm sure your friend will love this, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the technique I need to try because I don't have a laminator but I do have Pixie Spray. Love your shiny hearts and I'm sure your friend will love them too. Can't wait to see your other card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your foiled hearts are so pretty, Nancy! I love the distressed look with all the shimmer and shine of the foil! I also love how you layered the panels with your antique frames...wow! Great job foiling without a laminator, my friend! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great job you did with this technique, Nancy. Would love to play but can't get to my craft room right now. I've tried this without the success that you have here. This is one challenge I'd love to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing a major purge on my craft room and have not touched my supplies except to toss or give away for about 10 days...lol! Soon I will be able to play again and hope you can too. Thank you for your comment, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  13. What a stunning card you have here Nancy. Love all those foiled hearts and beautiful layout. I have never used foil and did buy some way back last year so hope to find it and try this technique out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the arty look to this Nancy, and the shine looks amamzing. I like how you've layered the design with the die cutting ...... great job my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an artsy and fabulous effect with the pixie spray and the pretty foil. Such a unique and stunning card Nancy, which I am sure Daisy will love x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn it! I didn’t think to pack my foils with me. 😔 Great job foiling without a laminator, Nancy. Love the rustic look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, Nancy! I may have to get some new toys and try this!!!! So pretty and I love how you captured it in your picture - some brilliant photograhy and posting. Thanks for all the links too! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. so artsy looking mf....love the way they look distressed, great job.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I like my Reminder card (on the 15th) even more:-) We do have fun trying new techniques:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  19. You did a wonderful job with only using spray adhesive and your card is stunning! I don't have your spray and the one I have I really don't want to put on my stencils as I fear it would never come off Lol! So I confess I finally invested in a laminator but so far haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card, Nancy! Daisy will love this friend card. I love the shiny and distress-look hearts! They are so cute!!
    It was worth the time taking the pics - you caught the gorgeous shine of the foil. The layers of the frame adds so much interest to this CAS design. I'm looking forward to seeing your reminder card, using the negative image of the hearts!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The red foil hearts are so pretty Nancy and love the double layer Antique Frame die cuts, and the Art Deco style lettering on the sentiment goes beautifully too. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang it, here's another one I missed! Very pretty! You really captured the shine in the photo, and I know what you mean about taking longer to photograph than it did to make. I just got done with one of those, sheesh. Anyway, it's fabulous and Daisy was probably delighted with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy