Friday, June 14, 2019

STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge: Optional color twist..Mahogany

Optional Color Twist: Mahogany.



My card using:
Blossom Dreams and Big Dreamer stamp sets.

A Close Up

I used the smooshing technique to add the Distress Oxide inks:Aged Mahogany
and Iced Spruce.  Here is Loll Thompson's video Smooshing with Inks.

Next I die cut the card front using CUTplorations "Crazy Running Stitch Rectangle
Nesting Die".  Then placed my card front in MISTI and stamped the
"Blossom Dreams" sentiment and "Big Dreamer" flowers with
Versafine black ink and heat embossed with SU Clear EB Powder.

Attached card front to SU Whisper White 100# Card Base and Done!
Quick and Clean and Simple Fun card.

You have until June 30th to play along with us.
I have really enjoyed playing with Mahogany this month.



If you use my discount code STAMPGIRLNANCY when you check out at the 
STAMPlorations Store you can get a 20% discount,  which you can use
with some other discounts too:-)



9 comments:

  1. I love the result you got with the smooshing... So arty and yet still so clean looking... It's a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super artsy Nancy, I love that touch of smooshing on your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be quick and easy, Nancy but it's the idea and design that is so cool! Love the arty look of this. How fun this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful smooshing and such an artsy and fabulous card Nancy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the spruce and mahogany play together in the smooshed background, Nancy! That's a combo I need to remember. It's a wonderful background to show off the sweet flowers and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a unique and creative design, Nancy! The color combo is fantastic and I love the whimsical style of the flowers and sentiment font against the artsy background. Looking at this card is a good reminder of being playful with card-making. (I get too serious!) The shot from above with the products you used is wonderful too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and artsy card, Nancy! Love how the iced spruce and mahogany inks look together. Great colour combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and artsy, Nancy. Fabulous smooshing... love how there are white areas. Great colors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background is brilliant! I love the randomness of this technique, it always surprises me with amazing patterns that arise on paper.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy