Friday, February 1, 2019

CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: Dimensional Die Cuts

I LOVE the February CAS Mix Up Card Challenge:
Dimensional Die Cuts hosted by the very talented Hideko, (Papercraft Boutique)

Be sure and check out the Gorgeous cards by the inspiring DT and 
Talented GD Arlene (Sunday Stamper Papercrafts).



My card using Stamping, Die Cuts, Faux Enamel and Heat Embossing.

I had already had ideas for my Valentine for my DH Denny.  
I knew I wanted to use this Faux Enamel die cut heart from my stash!
Hideko's Challenge really inspired me to finish my card today:-)

Here are all the Deets and photos of my 1st Faux Enamel bird card.
I made this heart sample the same day I made the birds.

For today's card I die cut an A2 Whisper White Thick card front using
Memory Box Large Circle Burst Die. 
Then searched my boxes for a background for colors that went well with the heart.  
I found the perfect cling wrap background using Distress Inks.

Attached background behind the die cut Circle Burst.
Then stamped and heat embossed PB Happy Snippet Sentiment 
with SU Gold EB Powder. Popped up sentiment with dimensionals.

Next attached faux enamel heart with dimensionals and Done!
I LOVE the results and hope you do too!

The CAS Mix Up Card Challenge ends on the 24th.
So plenty of time to play along:-) Hugs..

Adding to Memory Box Challenge #46...Pink and Red.


Supplies:
Stamps:Penny Black..Happy Snippets.
Paper: SU Whisper White Thick
Inks: Versamark. Distress Inks reds and pinks and metallic inks for cling wrap background.
Accessories: Memory Box Large Circle Burst Die, SU white and Melon Mambo EB Powders for heart. Ranger Gold EB Powder, SU Dimesionals













22 comments:

  1. Great that you used your previously beautiful enamelled heart and that you found a background that worked perfectly with it. Fabulous texture on the die cut heart and love the colour combination....Denny's going to love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Nancy! I may have to pull out my griddle to do a Valentine for my DH! Thanks so much for the inspiration and so glad to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. Was such a fun and easy card, since I already had the heart in my stash:-) You know how much I love your CAS Mix Up Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  3. Wonderful CAS card Nancy, I'm intrigued and want to give this technique a go too! Just need some time lol, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel your LOVE for Denny even without the sentiment, Nancy! What a beautiful Valentine's card for him! The Faux Enamel die cut heart looks like it has thick icing on a heart-shaped cookie. And The colors peeking through the circle burst are so pretty! How could you find such a perfect cling wrap background for the heart? It's mazing!
    I'm so glad to see your card in the gallery. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty, my friend!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the results too, Nancy! Gorgeous blend of colours, a fabulous faux enamel heart, great choice of background in the circle burst die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS Valentine's Day card for Denny, Nancy! LOVE your faux enamel heart. The colours are amazing and the dimension it adds to the card is awesome. This is so artsy and beautiful and Denny is going to LOVE it! Great design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Nancy! I love the texture on the heart, and it sits so pretty on the pink background. I have that circle die languishing in my stash - I think you may have inspired me to drag it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!! I love the faux enamel technique and your beautiful heart has such amazing dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is on cool Valentine! I love all the texture on your heart die cut as well as the beautiful colors. Amazing that you found a piece in your stash to match so perfectly. Denny will love this, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Wonderful colors. I like how you used the circle die to allow just enough color to show through to unify the card, but not so much that it would distract from the heart itself---which remains the (rightful) center of attention. I tried a faux enamel technique (slightly different)years ago, but it only used one color. I like yours far better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is just gorgeous. I love the colors and how they all melted together for such a wonderful look. I just watched the videos and love how easy it looks. Ha, I'm sure I can make it harder but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, your faux enamel heart is so cool! In fact, it prompted me to watch a couple of videos. What a fun technique! Love the circle burst die you used, and your background is absolutely the perfect color to coordinate. How fun to have all those pre-made backgrounds to choose from. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you looked at some videos. It is such a fun technique. We should try together sometime. Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  13. Oh Nancy, I could just eat the little scrumptious heart enamel piece. It looks like a yummy chocolate. Love the harmony with the BG behind the circle burst, makes it even more delightful. A beautiful CAS card which I love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, this is extraordinary! The entire design is artistic and that heart is so incredibly gorgeous and dimensional!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dolly. I loved it too and can't wait to give it to Denny:-) Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  15. Nancy, awesome Valentine's card, I love every design detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Valentine’s card, Nancy. Your enamel heart is gorgeous and definitely full of dimension. Love the MB large circle burst behind it. You should enter this in this month’s MB challenge Pink and Red. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw the challenge. Thank you for the reminder, Trina. I will add to the MB Challenge:-) We sure have fun! Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  17. Yay to the blog badge win Nancy over at Memory Box x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mac. Trina gave me a heads up too. So pleased, since this was a favorite card for me and Denny loved it too:-) Hugs..Nancy

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy