Friday, January 4, 2019

Brand New CAS Stencil Card Challenge:-)

So excited to share Loll's New CAS Stencil Card Challenge and play along
as one of Loll's DT Members:-)
Congratulations Loll for a New Challenge that I think is going to be very popular.

Here is the link to the CAS Stencil Card Challenge 
with all the rules and the introductions to the
very talented Design Team.  I will be moving over from the CAS Mix Up DT, 
but I will still be playing in Loll and Bonnie's CAS Mix Up, CAS Watercolour and 
CAS Christmas Challenges as often as possible.  

This Challenge will give you many creative CAS Card ideas on how to use your stencils.
You will be so inspired by the beautiful creative cards by the Design Team and our 
Guest Designer each month.  Challenges begin on the 4th day of the month 
and end on the 24th of the month.




Here is my CAS Stencil Card...Sponging!

There are several video tutorials if you need inspiration for your sponged stencil card.

I used Loll's new You Tube Video "Stenciling with Sponges" 4:09. for my inspiration.

I placed my ARTplorations stencil "Rosegarden" designed by Sanna Lippert over
a piece of Strathmore Cold Press paper and taped down with 3M masking tape. 

Next I used a sponge dauber to color my rose petals with Distress Oxide Inks: 
Fossilized Amber,  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade. 
Then sponged the leaves with DOX's: Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover.

Then I outlined the roses thru the stencil with a black 05 Art pen.
Removed stencil and die cut image with CUTplorations Running Stitch Rectangle 
Nesting Dies.  There are 3 dies in the set.  I used the medium die.
Next used the largest die for the die cut card front and attached to SU 
Whisper White Thick Cardstock.

The main image looked flat so I die cut it with the CUTplorations Hugs Word Die.
Set die cut Hugs aside and die cut 2 more Hugs out of SU Basic Black CS 
and stacked the 2 black Hugs with SU Fine Tip Glue Pen then attatched the
black stacked Hugs to the original Die Cut main image Hugs
and Inlaid the die cut sentiment .

Much more interesting with the Hidden Word Technique,  don't you think?!?
Popped up main image using Foam Dimensional Tape.
Now I am done!

Hope you join our Sponged Stenciling Challenge. 
The winner will be chosen to be a Guest Designer for this fun challenge.
Remember,  you have until the 24th to play along:-) Hugs...

Adding to STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge.




Supplies: 
Stamps: None
Paper: Strathmore 140# Cold Press.  SU Black CS.
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks for flowers: Fossilized Amber,  Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade. Also DOX Inks for leaves: Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover.
Accessories: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies and Hugs Word Die. ARTplorations Rose Garden stencil designed by Sanna Lippert. Sheep Shimmer Craft Frost Spray. Foam Dimensional Tape.


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nancy! LOVE the stencil that you've used and the gorgeous colours. Outlining the image in black really makes it pop. Love the addition of the hidden word with your hugs die with black background. Fantastic card and sure to inspire! So happy to have you on the CAS Stencil team, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely!
    I love the “hidden” sentiment-
    I am going to have to try that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Nancy, outlining the sponged image is a super way to lift the pretty colours of the flowers and to hide your sentiment is the finishing touch.. magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Nancy. I love the colours and outlining and how you used the eclipse technique, wonderful design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and sponging through a stencil, Nancy. The outlining looks cool. Love the hidden die cut sentiment. Congratulations on a great debut. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Nancy, the black outline is so effective, you have a steady hand! Love the hidden sentiment too, I've not tried that technique, and the stitched framing adds so much texture, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, I just edited my post to add that I outlined my flowers thru the stencil...thank you for the push to clarify...I do not have that steady of a hand:-) Hugs.Nancy

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card, Nancy and wonderful stencil. Love that you outline it too, making it a stamp. I have not done this technique in a while, hiding the sentiment into the artwork so thank you for the reminder. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors on your lovely flower stencil Nancy - and I love the eclipse die cut sentiment - almost hidden within the stenciling - a fun technique! The stitched edge on your white panels adds detail without clutter! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Love the colors you used with the flower stencil and the way you outlined them really makes them stand out. The eclipse technique looks great also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Nancy! I love how you added dimension by outlining the flower petals and leaves! I also love your inlaid die cut sentiment, stitched panels and beautiful color palette on this card...so lovely!
    I'm so excited to be joining you on the team...I think we're going to have a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pretty rose card, Nancy! It's not only pretty but it has a punch with the black outlines and it's interesting with the hidden die-cut sentiment! You had a fantastic debut on this new challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing many more of your wonderful creations and to learning how to use stencils with different techniques!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Nancy! The colors are wonderful...and I LOVE the inlaid die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there teamie! I love your sponged card, that stencil is so pretty, and it looks great with the outlining. I do like the hidden sentiment too.
    I'm so pleased to be joining you on the DT. Hugs .... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful, vivid stenciled flowers, Nancy! The outlining gives it a real artsy feel! I love how the black peeks through the die cut hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful Nancy....love the embedded senti.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Nancy, this is the challenge for you! A beautiful card today with the inlaid sentiment. The hint of black in the inlay and the outline of the stencil come together very nicely. Love the colors. Enjoy your new team and all the fun creative time that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The outlining of those pretty stencilled flowers looks unique and fabulous Nancy. The sponged colours look so pretty and the hidden die cut sentiment finishes off your card to perfection. Stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say the outlining...through the stencil and what a great idea to do that x.

      Delete
  18. Oh I hope I get chance to play along... I love what you did here ... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Nancy!! Love the colors but even more I love how you outlined everything...what a cool, cool look!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card with soft colors and the sentiment pops. I love the outlines on the flowers. It really makes them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Nancy, the outlining really makes those blooms pop. The inlaid wood die is such a nice finish too. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy