Monday, April 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour Bird Challenge

Our April CAS Watercolour Bird Challenge is hosted by Bonnie.
Such a fun early Spring Challenge, my friend:-)
Be sure and check out all the fabulous Bird cards by our talented DT
and awesome Guest Designer, Stef (Perry Papercrafts).

You have until the 24th to play along!

Here is my card using 3 die cut birds on a branch!

I am loving my fairly new STAMPlorations "For the Birds" stamp set (my sentiment) 
and coordinating CUTplorations "For the Birds" dies.

Bonnie's CAS Watercolour Challenge is perfect for both these sets.  You will be seeing more:-)

My birds and branch were die cut out of a Cling Wrap Brushos and Bisters pigment inks 
background from my stash.  I used Brushos: Turquoise and Brown
 and Bisters: Blue Black pigments on Strathmore Bristol paper, spritzing liberally with water, 
tipping the paper to get the wet ink to run and blend.

Then placed a Cling Wrap (Saran Wrap) piece that was larger than the paper,
over the wet pigment inks and then scrunched up the wrap to move the inks around and add lines.

Next tucked the excess wrap under the piece and set aside to dry.
Be patient...can even let dry overnight.

I set aside my cool die cut birds and dry embossed my SU Thick Whisper White CS 
background using my SU Woodgrain EB Folder for added texture.

If I was thinking ahead I would have stamped my sentiment 1st before the dry embossing,
but my MISTI saved me...I repeat stamped my sentiment and got perfect coverage 
using Archival Jet Black ink:-)

Then I attached my birds using Tombow liquid glue and popped up
my main image with fun foam onto my SU Thick Whisper White cardbase and Done!

I was so pleased with the CAS design and Loved the Birds!!
Hope  you get to play along too.  You have until the 24th.

Hugs..

Adding to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes.


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "For the Birds" sentiment.
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White CS and Strathmore Bristol.
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Brushos: Turquoise and Brown.  Bisters: Blue Black.
Accessories: Big Shot. SU Woodgrain EB folder. MISTI. Tombow glue. Saran Wrap. MISTI.


20 comments:

  1. WOW...I am so in LOVE with this card Nancy!! Your bird die is wonderful and I really like how you did your colouring with the Brushos and Bisters...BEAUTIFUL!! And so pretty against the dry embossed hardwood background. CAS perfection Nancy...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most beautiful bird die, and an outstanding Brushos and Bisters background you cut it from! Super amazing when you really look at it up close. Love the wood grain panel for a background, and the sentiment is so lovely and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazed that the sentiment turned out so well after the dry embossing....What a marvellous invention the Misti is. Gorgeous card Nancy and stunning colours from the wrap technique and powders. Cr sip card and so beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gorgeously coloured cling wrap piece works beautifully for the birds on the branch Nancy and the lovely sentiment stamped over the woodgrain has come out perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nancy!! Love the depth and dimension from the woodgrain dry embossed background. So great that you were able to stamp on top of the texture ... MISTI saves the day again! :) And your birds are gorgeous cut from these amazing colours and design cling wrap card stock. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the cool background you used for your die cut birds it made me want to see that whole piece! What fabulous color and texture, Nancy! Your embossed background is perfect. Love this card and love that die too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Nancy!! I love that new stamp / die set (would you mind bringing it to the retreat, please?). Wonderful colours in the cling wrap background - such a great technique. And the dry embossing makes a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love that sentiment and it's perfect with your gorgeous bird die cut. You had many steps to create your beautiful Cing Wrap pattern for the birds but the result is amazing! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birds are gorgeous and I always admire your amazing CAS designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the look of your birds Nancy...so unique and artsy looking. Beautiful card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a terrific card! I love those birds (I have no bird die...maybe not even a bird stamp!)...and your inking technique is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. So much going on in your inked watercolor paper that you used to cut out the birds. It makes me want to look--and look again--to see what I can find in the inking. Kind of like a Rorschach ink blot test, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...I am so excited to hear from you, Judy. We sure have some catching up to do. Thank you for your sweet comment. Please email me:-) Love and Hugs...

      Delete
  13. Oh I love your bird cards using the "for the birds" dies, Nancy! This is another beautiful and artsy bird card. Your Brushos and Bisters background with Cling Wrap technique is stunning. The way inks blended and the lines made by the scrunched-up wrap are perfect for the birds' feathers. The dry-embossed woodgrain back panel goes so well with the birds, too. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  14. So eye-catching, Nancy. You’ve featured this stamp / die combo beautifully! Great idea to die cut your birds from the gorgeous cling wrap bister background. They stand out even more with the embossed woodgrain behind them. Love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your birds, Nancy! The patterns and colors of the Brushos and Bisters are perfect and that's a wonderful bird die! The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh this has given me so many ideas! I definitely want to try the plastic wrap technique and also I love your sentiment stamped on top of the dry embossing -one reason for me neglecting my embossing folders is that I often feel lost how to use the sentiment if I don't want to add layers. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at how well the sentiment stamped using Archival Jet Black ink and restamping using my MISTI:-) Thank you Nonni for the sweeet comment. Always appreciated:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  17. Beautiful card. Your birds are gorgeous. TFS. Daria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colours and layout. That piece from your stash is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy